Almost a full month and getting frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
Chattanooga, Tn
I appreciate all the advice folks. I love this forum.
The b&m is closed today, so I will swing by tomorrow and grab a new tank to get me thru the next couple of days. I'm at work now and will try reducing my heavier juices tonight, to see if it helps any. Hopefully my new to me setup will be here mid week.
Stratmarsh, it's funny you mentioned Dimi, I eat lunch at his restaurant atleast once a week. He is on my YouTube list, but I have never can catch him in his store, lol. Very busy guy.
Thanks again to everyone that helped out this morning, you guys are the best.

I started out at 18mg which was just right and dropped to 12 after a while but still keep a menthol or tobacco 18mg in case of cravings.

Have you tried Lung hits yet ? I always find it helps a lot if I'm using my backup Ego out and about, basically instead of vaping like a smoker filling your mouth then inhaling just vape it straight into your lungs until you feel the burn on the back of your throat, without the diluted air you will get a much bigger satisfying hit, you may need to pulse the button ie. release and press again half way through if your coil can't keep up and gives a dry hit though :)

Smokke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Atlanta, GA, USA
Have one with alot higher nic when you have a nic fit (maybe 18 or 24) and vape the next
Lower nic mg from that most of the time. Every few weeks step them both down to the next lowest but keep the highest just in case for emergencies. You may find yourself moving up and down as I did. After a year I'm at 4 .... and 8 is too much anytime for me. 12 makes me nauseous when I try it these days. A better setup may also help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
Congrats!

Remember, all batteries and tanks are replaceable. That means that they don't last forever. Buying extra coils, tanks, batteries, & juices with the money you save on cigarettes should be your first priority to stay smoke free.
I had 3 ego's and lots of CE4 tanks when I started. I stocked up with the money I saved while vaping. I used most if not all the ciggy money I was saving on not smoking to build my stock.
Even after almost a year without cigarettes (July 29, 2013) I still have backups of backups of backups.
At one time I owned 20 ego batteries of all sizes. I wasn't going to be without my vape!

I believe you might need new tanks or coils. I hope you can figure out what's going on with your batteries. Check the batteries when you screw them in the charger, be sure to clean the juice off the inside if the contacts as well.

Remember, the nicotine will be absorbed through your mucous membranes in your mouth not your lungs like a ciggy is.
You might want to inhale vapor in your mouth hold it for a few seconds and then inhale into your lungs. I hope this helps!
Good luck!

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
Chattanooga, Tn
I just wanted to let everyone know how everything worked out. My new setup showed up Monday, two days early! I could instantly tell the difference. While the Cool Fire 1 isn't the end all be all, it was a huge improvement over the ego and ce4 that I had been fighting with. I took everyone's advice and purchased extra coils for everything. I replaced the coils in the ce4s and use those as back ups. I have even used the ce on my cool fire battery and can still tell a difference. I don't think the ego batteries have enough power for my vape needs.
The missus tried the cf and loved it. It probably suits her better as she has no interest in fiddling with vv or anything. She wants to fill and go. When I upgrade at the end of the month it will be hers. She likes the thinner juices and it should work like a champ for her. The only thing I will change is the battery as the 18350 doesn't last very long. I've been looking at the extension kit and an 18650 for her to use.
Thanks again to everyone that replied, the suggestions are much appreciated. You guys and girls are the best, and make this forum what is...

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
that's what it's all about James finding what works for you. Glad you finally did...

I got my 2200mah eGo in, and I'm lovin' it...it didnt' work great with that big Nautilus I had, it'd just flash through all three colors but after some charging it seems to be working great, doens't make it sizzle as much as the Vision Spinners 1300mah I have...and they work great with everything.

you might try keeping a 24mg one for morning coffee and then back down to something else if sitting and chain vaping (which I find myself doing quite a bit and in the car), after half an hour I'm ready to switch over to one of my 18mg or 12 mg ones. While my significant other is still on 24mg and that's great, he's NOT smoking which is just wonderful.

just keep on NOT smoking, Keep on Vaping!

Last edited:
Hi gang,
when I decided to quit smoking money was tight and I ordered an ego setup to kick the analogs with. They worked ok for the first week or two and I didn't smoke. I found a b&m close to the house and purchased juice and some extra tanks for different flavors. Starting with a 12mg nic seemed to do the trick.
Now almost a month into vaping I can't seem to get my fix the way I did in the beginning. I had to step up to a 16ml juice to handle cravings and I am chain vaping at times so hard the battery turns itself off. I can be driving or sitting here having a cup of coffee and dead. Battery is charged and it's shut it's self off.
Did I misjudge my nic levels this badly when I started and need to go up some more? I get that the ego isn't the greatest thing in the world, but am I abusing it so bad that it dies all the time? I am a lung hitter and can't seem to get enough to keep me happy at all. I have a cool fire on the way that someone was nice enough to give up with an i30b tank and I had planned on going down with my nic levels. Not so sure now.....
Has anyone else had these issues?

How many cigs were you going thru before starting to vape? I started on 24mg Nic and was a pack an a 1/2 to a two pack a day smoker for over 20 years. IMO and thru my experiences, the device also has everything to do with the Nic delivery....my dripper makes me lightheaded "nic sick" with anything over 6 to 8mg of nic, I use 12mg in 'tank style addies' like the Russian91% and go thru around 3 to 3.5mls of juice a day on average.
Hope this helps you out...DONT GIVE UP!!

Last edited:

Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
Chattanooga, Tn
My twisted logic says that if my recent upgrade is any indication of the improvements I've noticed, then going to the next level is gonna be a total blast. I do not believe for me the ego would have worked much longer. They worked fine to start with, but as I got used to them, they just couldn't cut it. Hindsight, I wish I had known about the forum and had been better educated on vaping before I made my purchase. But they did get me analog free, so I can't complain too much.
I still have lower nic juice left and am gonna step up a touch on my next purchase. Probably mid week or so.

Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
Chattanooga, Tn
Nemesis, I was a pack and half a day smoker (reds) for over 25 years. My highest juice is 16mg right now. The new device is a huge improvement and I agree that the delivery makes a big difference. The taste is better, the vapor is better, but I still chain vape a bit more than I would like.
I'm still researching my next purchase, but am narrowing down the options. At this point it seems like there is no where else to go up! Regardless, the next mod will be a good starting point for really dialing in my nic levels.

FattyJ

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
West Chester, OH
Nemesis, I was a pack and half a day smoker (reds) for over 25 years. My highest juice is 16mg right now. The new device is a huge improvement and I agree that the delivery makes a big difference. The taste is better, the vapor is better, but I still chain vape a bit more than I would like.
I'm still researching my next purchase, but am narrowing down the options. At this point it seems like there is no where else to go up! Regardless, the next mod will be a good starting point for really dialing in my nic levels.

Trying to figure out which nic level worked best for me came down to how often I vaped after I got used to it. In the begining I vaped less often but after a few weeks I started vaping at probably twice the frequency in a day as I did in the beginning. Because of this I dropped down to 12mg from 18mg. I smoked a pack of lights a day so if 16mg doesn't seem to cut it you can go up to 18mg or 24mg depending on the brand of e-juice.

I started smoking at 9 years old. Used to steal my mothers and fathers Bugular home rolled. When I couldn't get them or was out playing I would find butts in the street take off the filters and smoke what I could. Joined the Navy at 17 and smoked Camel at 20 cents a pack from the ships store a carton was 2 bucks!!!!!! Well after 56 years of smoking Camels or anything else I could get my hands on I was diagnosed as really bad COPD. Tried everything to quit Chantix Nicorette patches all didnt work. My wife of 50 years was beside herself as she quit cold turkey after smoking 30 years - she's been clean for 15 years!! Anyhoo I decided to see what this ecig stuff was about. Found a B&M and talked to young guy in there. He said since I was so bad I should go for the best and easiest first just to see if I could get off the analogs. Since money is not a problem for me I got a Provari and the really easy Innokin I30s clearomizer bought 20ml of his Elvis juice and VAPED FOR THE FIRST TIME AT 24mg. Haven't had an analog since!!!! Going on 197 days clean. Now I have another problem with my wife I spent 3000.00 at Fastec. I am the worlds first geek so I got all kinds of stuff. So hang in there and believe it when they say DONT SMOKE. VAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
Chattanooga, Tn
I started smoking at 9 years old. Used to steal my mothers and fathers Bugular home rolled. When I couldn't get them or was out playing I would find butts in the street take off the filters and smoke what I could. Joined the Navy at 17 and smoked Camel at 20 cents a pack from the ships store a carton was 2 bucks!!!!!! Well after 56 years of smoking Camels or anything else I could get my hands on I was diagnosed as really bad COPD. Tried everything to quit Chantix Nicorette patches all didnt work. My wife of 50 years was beside herself as she quit cold turkey after smoking 30 years - she's been clean for 15 years!! Anyhoo I decided to see what this ecig stuff was about. Found a B&M and talked to young guy in there. He said since I was so bad I should go for the best and easiest first just to see if I could get off the analogs. Since money is not a problem for me I got a Provari and the really easy Innokin I30s clearomizer bought 20ml of his Elvis juice and VAPED FOR THE FIRST TIME AT 24mg. Haven't had an analog since!!!! Going on 197 days clean. Now I have another problem with my wife I spent 3000.00 at Fastec. I am the worlds first geek so I got all kinds of stuff. So hang in there and believe it when they say DONT SMOKE. VAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, congrats. I started at 13. I knew a few years ago I couldn't keep going much longer. My mom died after a round of pneumonia, followed by a massive heart attack. She smoked like a chimney. At that point I knew something had to change, but it wasn't until this year that I learned about ecigs and took the leap. It's been an adventure to say the least, but now it's becoming a very healthy obsession. Welcome to the forum, btw

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
Hi gang,
when I decided to quit smoking money was tight and I ordered an ego setup to kick the analogs with. They worked ok for the first week or two and I didn't smoke. I found a b&m close to the house and purchased juice and some extra tanks for different flavors. Starting with a 12mg nic seemed to do the trick.
Now almost a month into vaping I can't seem to get my fix the way I did in the beginning. I had to step up to a 16ml juice to handle cravings and I am chain vaping at times so hard the battery turns itself off. I can be driving or sitting here having a cup of coffee and dead. Battery is charged and it's shut it's self off.
Did I misjudge my nic levels this badly when I started and need to go up some more? I get that the ego isn't the greatest thing in the world, but am I abusing it so bad that it dies all the time? I am a lung hitter and can't seem to get enough to keep me happy at all. I have a cool fire on the way that someone was nice enough to give up with an i30b tank and I had planned on going down with my nic levels. Not so sure now.....
Has anyone else had these issues?

Right off the bat :))), you're battery is'nt dieing, you are turning it off.. 5 clicks so close together :) My wife does it all the time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread