Status
Not open for further replies.

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
I love it. I smoked one analog on Saturday just too compare how much I like vaping. I hated the analog. And it made my lungs hurt. I have asthma, and had trouble breathing again since the analog, that is finally getting better again. The only reason why we even had analogs in the house was DH. He tried the e-cig and did not like it. He said it made his lungs hurt and feel heavy. All be it was after he had chain smoke half a pack on analogs that night.

So I hear some people are allergic to pg. Is that true? If so do you think that is what caused this sensation with DH? Or was it just the heavy smoking that night that did it? A little background... he only smokes at night. And smokes semi heavy then. 1/2 pack or so give or take. And I have noticed that his breathing is getting harder after a night of smoking, even before the e-cig. However it does not happen every time.

I want to get 100% vg since it might be the th that is getting to him, and he is willing to try again with that. Any suggestions/ advice/ comments?

BTW I vap way more heavily then I smoked. So I am thinking of getting 2 or 3 more batteries and chargers. The 2 are plenty for me most days, but if I drink I vap really heavy and my batteries run out faster then I can charge. However I LOVE the joye 510 and don't want to get the bigger ego. The 510 is very comfortable in my hand and I got to say I love the light up led. :p I know what a reason not to go with the better product, But hey, maybe I will someday. For now I LOVE my 510.

dice502

Oct 5, 2011
A, A
Ya know, my DH is the one who started the whole vaping thing in my house 2 years ago. I wasn't interested in it then. Now as of September when I really wanted to try it just to save money, I am completely analog free and he is still a pack a day smoker. We have tried many different mixes of PG and VG as well as 100% PG and 100% VG. 20+ different flavors, 4 of which were all tobacco flavors, he just can't find one that satisfies him.

At this point I feel that you have to WANT it to get away from analogs. They will never feel/taste just like a cigarette because they aren't cigarettes.

I told my DH he isn't allowed to by another PV until he kicks the habit on what we have. I kicked it on our 510 pen style and once I was sure I was going to stick with it I purchased the Inferno. DH wanted to try the inferno but now that he has tried mine it still isnt enough for him. So as I said he has to WANT to kick the analogs and my DH doesn't really have the want.

Good luck on your venture though. There very well may be something your DH will find that he likes.

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
I have both a 510 with a PCC, and an eGo passthru. I love them both. I use the eGo while I sit all day at my comp, (this one can also be unplugged and used if I want to) and the 510 I usually have my higher nic tobacco flavor juice for when I have a craving, or I can switch cartos and go with a good low nic flavor while sitting back and relaxing, with the 510 in my hand for that hand-to-mouth addiction :). Just my way of doing it, and for almost a month has worked for me, but everyone is different, and as all of the different replies here will state, has different likes and dislikes. Good luck to both of you mariahpoo and both of you dice502 also.

Balth

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Usually people are irritated by the actual skin irritant - nicotine. 100% PG lets through the irritation the most.

He may be fine with juice thinner than 100% VG. 100% VG is thick and won't work well in most slim ecig cartomizers. Any amount of VG help smooth out the vape, dulling throat hit and flavor while adding thicker vapor. In cartos I use 8PG/20VG. 70PG/30VG will work in cartos - I just get better life out of cartos with 20%. With tank atomizers I would recommend 30% or 20% VG though some thinner 50/50's will work. On a normal atomizer you can use any PG/VG as long as it flow at least as fast as you vape it. On atomizers 50/50 is a nice smoother vape.

And maybe he would like lower nicotine. Everyone feels it differently.

Danielsuzuki

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Katy, Texas
I usually will only recommend suppliers I've had good experience with. One of these is Alien Vision E-Juice. Their 100% VG line is a wonderful vape.

My Mother-in-law simply won't stop smoking analogs. It seems that until someone makes a PV that requires no charging or maintanence, she will continue to smoke cigarettes which require nothing on her part but a lighter. It's all very sad really, and her being a nurse makes it hard to accept. Takes all kinds I guess.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Re Alien Visions - When I tried their juice I got the impression it had capsacin (hot pepper juice) in it to add TH. It had a burn that lasted after the drag was done. If your husband was irritated by TH, then AV is the one VG juice I would not recommend. And as I said above - you sort of need to match your juice thickness to your vaping method unless you want to get into thinning juices yourself.

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
I liked what everyone head to say. And again SOOOOO HAPPY I FOUND THIS PLACE! :)

The weird thing is that he is the one that is always talking about quitting. He HATES the smell of smoke, even when he himself is smoking. So maybe it will just take a while, Or he might be sensitive to pg. I think I am. The disposable I got was 100%pg I think... and that was way to harsh. I got 60vg 40pg juice, and it seems to work pretty well for me. All tho It still is a little irritating it my lungs, and I cough occasionally. But not as much as smoking! So I think I might just buy my drip tips and some 100% vg. I got the 3 piece so that I could try out different combos. Yay me for thinking ahead! lol I was also thinking of getting a lower nic as well. The juice I got is 18mg. So kinda high... I am thinking of getting 12mg or something like that.

Thanks for all your info!!! Keep it coming my new vap friends! :)

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
Re Alien Visions - When I tried their juice I got the impression it had capsacin (hot pepper juice) in it to add TH. It had a burn that lasted after the drag was done. If your husband was irritated by TH, then AV is the one VG juice I would not recommend. And as I said above - you sort of need to match your juice thickness to your vaping method unless you want to get into thinning juices yourself.

Good to know as we both hate the th and throat burn.

Chessiesmile

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2011
NE Arkansas
tonight I ordered the 5volt pass-through w/2amp adapter, as well as 1000mAh pass through these two together cost as much as a ego kit, but I have cartos, and atty's for 510 from my first starter kit, as well as a 650Ah pass-through battery AND really just need long-er lasting power to accessories, and juices, what are the forum thoughts on my set upl I am hoping ol' man uses one 650 charged, and the 10000 if need be, for work, and I would have the itty bitty battys from starter, as well as 5v passthrough used plugged in on the 5 volt plugged in manual usb.thoughts?????

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
I DIY my juices, and I started at 18mg, then dropped it to 14. The TH is less, and I am getting enough nic that I don't crave it so much any more, but I still have my 510 with 18 just in case :). I'm thinking of going to 12 when I hit the 1 month mark, to see how I do with that. Will be even less TH, which is ok with me, after 35 yrs analogs, my throat is a bit scratchy anyway, so it kinda feels good to have less TH (been smoking non-filters the last few years, yuck lol).

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I love it. I smoked one analog on Saturday just too compare how much I like vaping. I hated the analog. And it made my lungs hurt. I have asthma, and had trouble breathing again since the analog, that is finally getting better again. The only reason why we even had analogs in the house was DH. He tried the e-cig and did not like it. He said it made his lungs hurt and feel heavy. All be it was after he had chain smoke half a pack on analogs that night.

So I hear some people are allergic to pg. Is that true? If so do you think that is what caused this sensation with DH? Or was it just the heavy smoking that night that did it? A little background... he only smokes at night. And smokes semi heavy then. 1/2 pack or so give or take. And I have noticed that his breathing is getting harder after a night of smoking, even before the e-cig. However it does not happen every time.

I want to get 100% vg since it might be the th that is getting to him, and he is willing to try again with that. Any suggestions/ advice/ comments?

BTW I vap way more heavily then I smoked. So I am thinking of getting 2 or 3 more batteries and chargers. The 2 are plenty for me most days, but if I drink I vap really heavy and my batteries run out faster then I can charge. However I LOVE the joye 510 and don't want to get the bigger ego. The 510 is very comfortable in my hand and I got to say I love the light up led. :p I know what a reason not to go with the better product, But hey, maybe I will someday. For now I LOVE my 510.

Hello and welcome...
I think most of us vape way more that we smoked...
May I suggest then if you go 100vg to put in the notes of your order to thin the vg.....most vg is very thick and its hard to absorb into the polyfill.....lots of vendors will do this for you....
I know that freedomsmokeusa has a huge variety of cig flavored ejuice.....just send them an email or call them....# on their website, and they will help to get you on the right path....
maybe dh would have better luck with some other flavor other than cig flavor......you would be suprised at what flavors you may like.....
hope some of this helps.
I smoked for over 40 years and once I had an ecig in my hand, that was all it took.......never picked up a cig again,......and its been over a year now...

good luck...
:)

barneyruckus

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2011
Gardena, Ca
@mariahpoo
I suppose he could be allergic to PG. Even if he isn't... If you dabble a little in DIY juices, then maybe you can find a good combination that works.
Before you get knee deep in DIY, this might be something that could be solved more simply, like his actual technique in vaping. I think that most people on this forum would agree that e-cigarettes, as wonderful as they are, tend to have a slight learning curve, from device to device.
Example... My step dad finally got an SI Volt that I was raving about and to my surprise, was kinda "Meh" about it. I was like, "What?!? How do you not love this thing?!? He said that it wasn't satisfying, like a cigarette was. I found out that he was vaping it like it was a cigarette. Taking a hard and quick drag, holding it in, then exhaling. I told him to try taking a light and loooong "mouth drag", inhale then exhale, without holding it too long. He did it, and immediately said, "Ohhhhhh... Yeah... That's better!" Haha
The way he was trying it, wasn't giving him enough of the factors of his cigarette addiction that analogs did. Not enough vapor, TH and flavor.
@Dice502
I guess this also may apply to your husband. He may not be getting a satisfying vape due to technique. Especially since it seems you guys have tried a whole lot.
Yes, I think you have to "want" to quit, but so far, all the people that I've introduced to vaping, didn't really want to, deep down. They gave me every excuse in the book of why it wouldn't work. Now, 5 of 5 use their e-cigs regularly and 3 of 5 quit completely.

I hope the both of your get the answers you're looking for. Happy Vaping!

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I liked what everyone head to say. And again SOOOOO HAPPY I FOUND THIS PLACE! :)

The weird thing is that he is the one that is always talking about quitting. He HATES the smell of smoke, even when he himself is smoking. So maybe it will just take a while, Or he might be sensitive to pg. I think I am. The disposable I got was 100%pg I think... and that was way to harsh. I got 60vg 40pg juice, and it seems to work pretty well for me. All tho It still is a little irritating it my lungs, and I cough occasionally. But not as much as smoking! So I think I might just buy my drip tips and some 100% vg. I got the 3 piece so that I could try out different combos. Yay me for thinking ahead! lol I was also thinking of getting a lower nic as well. The juice I got is 18mg. So kinda high... I am thinking of getting 12mg or something like that.

Thanks for all your info!!! Keep it coming my new vap friends! :)

I had that heavy feeling in my chest from too much VG.

ambyrle

Jul 15, 2011
Charleston, SC
To the OP: I quit much more quickly than my husband did, too. We started out with the K808s which are equivalent to the 510 you're using. The larger eGo, btw, is the exact same thing as the Inferno ;) the Inferno is just branded.

Did he try the 650 mAh battery or the 1000 mAh battery? It was the 1000 mAh battery with a low resistance atomizer/cart that finally got my husband fully switched over. It was the massive vapor production that really made him happy. Also, the nice long battery life so that he got full vapor all day without having to worry about charging. He'd get frustrated at work and wind up on analogs. It's the one I like best, too. We both started out small because we thought we'd prefer having roughly the same size as an analog, but after not very long, all we cared about was lots of vapor for a long time :D We've discovered our perfect setup is the 1000mAh eGo-T with the CE3 clearomizers, but it took a lot of trial and error to get there. He may have to figure out what he doesn't like and then figure out how to change the equipment to get what he likes.

For one thing, I'd definitely suggest your husband try one evening of just vaping, NO analogs. he can't really compare unless he does that. Also, for a lot of people, lung problems get worse at the very beginning when they quit, as all the junk works its way out, and THEN you can tell how much better you feel/taste. And yes, every now and then we smoke an analog when they're around, and we always say the same thing to each other afterward: "That was nasty. Why did we do that?!"

Good luck to him :)

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I would venture a guess that your hubby's problem is from smoking. If he smokes that much and then vapes on top of it, I bet it does feel like his chest is heavy. I did the same thing on the first day of use with my PV. I smoked like crazy all night long (work nightshift) then got home, tossed the cigs, and started vaping. The first few hours felt like a house was sitting on me but it quickly passed. Some people have problems with pg, some with vg. It's going to take some trial and error on his part to weed it all out. If he's not having any other symptoms, then my guess it's from the smoke and not the vapor.

As for the Joye 510, yes, get yourself some extra batteries. There's nothing wrong with using those little fellas. They helped me quit smoking so I'll always tell a person to go for it. My problem with them was the battery life. I always kept 5 of them on me and a few more around on chargers.

araczynski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
omaha, ne
can't comment on the heaviness feeling, as i've never had that issue. but can say i seem to prefer 70pg/30vg in my juice. for flavors, found out i like spearmint/menthol/cinnamon/pecan/apple in my juice, would never have smoked any of those in analogs. most fruit flavors which i have tried and though i would have loved ended up tasting off or too much like candy. although cherry was't that sweet, which was a good thing.

still hoping to eventually run into a cranberry flavor, love that flavor in real life...

AddyTude

Sep 28, 2011
Florida
I feel like at a certain point, if I add too much VG, that heavy feeling you're talking about sort of becomes a different type of TH. Not the burning kind, but the heavy, thumping kind. I dunno, does that make sense?
Exactly...

definitely will take some experimentation. I kinda prefer the VG over PG - the PG kinda burns...but I do use it to thin out juice a bit.

Someone recommended lower nic...and I would suggest that too...for some flavors. I usually say to avoid flea markets etc...but the vendors there will usually let you try out juices with your set up, so you could try the same flavor in different strengths. I would recommend dripping when trying out the flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread