Status
Not open for further replies.

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
Received my tank 2 days ago and been fiddling with it ever since. Sure could use some advice. I have primed correctly using Baditude method. The vape is amazing for a while then it starts getting dry. I can close the air holes and eventually fill it back up by taking short hard dry puffs. But this seems way to difficult.

I am using my provari with the 22mm pro ring and the draw is airy but it is nice flavor. The cartos are smok 2ohm single coil 2 hole. I vape a 60/40 mix in most of my DIY flavors.

I can only compare it to my PT2 but on the PT2 I can see a little air bubble about every other draw. With the carto I do not get this unless I draw it real fast and hard. My dang cheeks are sore and my head hurts so I know that I must be doing something wrong.

Should I see bubbles as I vape? Is that a sign to know if the carto is staying full as I vape? I am now pulling the drip tip off every so often to see if it is still primed so I do not burn up a carto. They are slim picking rich now.

Are the cartos just too tight and I need less air flow in order to get a good flow of juice?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Is this with just one carto? Not all cartos are created equal. It sounds like either this carto is not wicking well, or could be a slightly bad carto.

Is this a single or dual coil cartomizer that you're using?

You may need to remove the Pro Ring and see if this improves the air flow. I recently received a Pro Ring from IBTanked and it seems to affect the airflow on my Provari's so far. I need to do more experimenting with this.

Try adjusting the height of the tank on the carto. I sometimes find I need to adjust it higher or lower to get the right amount of airflow for the cartomizer. A couple of mm can make a big difference.

You may also need to do some "primer puffs" occassionally. This is sucking on the cartomizer without power on. This will pull more juice from the tank to the cartomizer and help re-prime the carto as you vape.

Your draws should be gentle long draws of 4 - 6 seconds in length.

The above tips are generally not required for a cartotank, but are good to know just in case.

Last edited:

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
Thank you

It is with 3 carts. 2 standard length and 1 XL with 2 different tanks. All carts are single coil.

I will try moving the tank up a tad, increasing the length of draw but I almost think I am getting too much air since the only way I can get fluid moving it to close off the air and hit it hard. But I am willing to try anything.

I just can not keep it slushy for anything.

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
I have some 80/20 that I will give a try and see if that makes a difference. Both tanks that are in use are mixed the same and that is the only varible that I have not tried.

If the disk material is tight can you take a pin and give the juice a better path without causing flooding. I will order Ikenvapes cartos if they come back in stock.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It does sound like a wicking issue. You said you primed the carto according to my instructions. It should have vaped well at least as long as the cartomizer had enough juice in the carto from your priming. If the "getting dry" happened later, then the juice isn't wicking from the tank well. Could be the juice was too thick for the holes.

Since you do your own e-liquids, try a thinner mix with more Pg or dilute the mix with some water.

I haven't had the issue with Smoktech or Ikenvape cartos, but I have had a box of Boge cartos whose filler material was extremely compacted and wouldn't wick juice easily if not at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread