Alternative Rba deck for subtank

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheeseyMofoDude

Jul 12, 2015
I've recently upgraded to the kangertech sub tank plus. Love everything about it. Its also my first rebuilding experience and if it works the same across the board I don't know what I was so wary of!
You get a mini rba as standard with the kit, im wondering if its possible to get a larger atomizer on there as I'd like to give dual coil a go.

Thanks.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm 99.99% sure that there will be other RBA deck designs that will come out in the future.

So far there have been 2 RBA decks for the subtank mini:
1: the first one with the juice channels
2: the latest one with the juice holes instead of juice channels and orings instead of threading

Not that the basic design is done, anybody can start pumping out different design RBA decks to fit the subtank mini

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I'm 99.99% sure that there will be other RBA deck designs that will come out in the future.

2: the latest one with the juice holes instead of juice channels and orings instead of threading

Not that the basic design is done, anybody can start pumping out different design RBA decks to fit the subtank mini
Perhaps, but there's nothing available yet

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Ubervillin

Aug 30, 2015
I have a dual coil in my subtank RBA right now. It's the bottom feeding rba if that matters but I haven't had any problems fitting two vertical coils in it. I haven't tried two horizontals yet, mainly because I wasn't a fan of the OCCs or stock rba coils airflow, but I should imagine that they would fit just fine so long as they weren't a crazy amount of wraps each/giant ID.

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
I would definitely jump on an improved third-party RBA for the Subtank. My issue with the current RBA is that it limits build options due to its short overall height. I can barely fit in a horizontal 2.5mm ID coil without it either touching the deck, or the RBA cap. Which means that any third-party RBA replacement would have to overcome this by supplying a taller RBA and a shorter chimney. Most of the RTA would need to be replaced. In short, an improved third-party RBA for the Subtank is not likely to happen anytime soon.

Last edited:

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA

My OCD self has to respond.... Actually there have been 3 so far. There were actually 2 versions of the juice channels - the first one that said "Mini RBA" had only tiny lil slits in the deck, second one was printed instead "RBA Mini" and had those expanded in size plus little notches in the "chimney collar doohickey" (what on earth is that thing actually called?) meant to line up with the slots in the deck...or in other words, it came with the modifications we all had already made in 'em ourselves... Then was the holes in the sides, which afaik is the latest...

petefeet

Sep 18, 2015
fife,Scotland, uk
I've recently upgraded to the kangertech sub tank plus. Love everything about it. Its also my first rebuilding experience and if it works the same across the board I don't know what I was so wary of!
You get a mini rba as standard with the kit, im wondering if its possible to get a larger atomizer on there as I'd like to give dual coil a go.

Thanks.
I've done dual coil in my subox mini.vertical coils each at 0.8 ohms 5 wraps on 26 gauge.so as it stands it's at 0.4ohms.good clouds and tastes fine upto about 30 ish watts

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
it's almost 2016 already and i'm still not seeing much variety in rba decks for the subtank, and I been seriously eyeing the smok tfv4 because they have apparently an rba deck with juice channels ; I gotta check if I can get a tenpack of those....

aha!
3190900-2.jpg

$6.27 Authentic SmokTech TFV4 Replacement TF-R1 RBA Coil Head - 0.85ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

not seeing a 10pack, but for 6 bucks maybe i'll buy 3 or 5

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I know what a channel is lol.but can't seem to see the juice channels on the rba

yeah the new subtank mini plus rba heads don't have vertical juice channels where the liquid has to go UP the juice channel; they have juice holes on the sides, and as a result they tend to be more leaky than the kayfun type juice channel system.

here's one of the old subtank rba heads with vertical juice channels

2567900-3.jpg

here's the 'new' subtank rba head with the juice holes (which would be good if it were a vertical coil - which it aint)
2551300-2.jpg

petefeet

Sep 18, 2015
fife,Scotland, uk
yeah the new subtank mini plus rba heads don't have vertical juice channels where the liquid has to go UP the juice channel; they have juice holes on the sides, and as a result they tend to be more leaky than the kayfun type juice channel system.

here's one of the old subtank rba heads with vertical juice channels
2567900-3.jpg
Sorry. I now understand.the little holes where the cotton goes lol

Coolhandluke

Moved On
Nov 11, 2015
Deland,Fl
When you wick your coil I found that when you pull the two wicks up to slide the sleeve over, cut you wicks about a quarter of a inch above the sleeve. Then lightly pack them in the deck then check if your wick is away from the airflow hole below the coil. Dab a few drops of juice on the wick and coil put the top cap on fill and let soak at least 10min before vaping. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread