Alternative to Nautilus BVC

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertboyl

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Canada
Hello, everyone!

I started many many years ago and I prefer simple setups, no building coils and the such. My current setup is iStick and Pico, and even some old Provaris, with Nautlilus BVC tank. Its a good setup, but Im wondering, is there something more modern and cost effective worth trying in terms of tank + atomizer, which gives a real good hit, more similar to analogs?

Thanks!
Rob

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
If you just want a different style tank, there's the Kabuki but still uses Nautilus coils. If you want cheaper you're going to have to venture into the rebuilding side of things. I had a teacher in high school that used to love to tell us....

You can have things:
1 Fast
2 Cheap
3 Quality
Now you can only have 2 out of the 3, so pick wisely as he would say, lol.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
I agree the Kabuki is good (but not cheap!) At the moment I'm using the Innokin Zenith for which there are 3 varieties of coils (0.5 plexus, 0.8 and 1.6) and have more or less given up using my Nauti's. I've not tried the 0.5 plexus coil yet but the others are pretty good and fairly long-lasting. The Zenith has a really easy top fill and the coil can be changed without emptying the tank.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think a Zenith with a 1.6 coil may be your best as far as a tighter draw there are also many pod mods (although I don't use them much so don't have much experience with them and they can be less cost effective but also easy to operate, often with a fairly tight draw.)

Good luck finding what you need.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Coil life is TON longer than the bvc, like at LEAST double maybe more. Flavor is as good as or better in my opinion (but I run Kabukis with the BVC coil so I'm not sure it's a fair comparison) it's definitely better than the Nautilus. Draw can be similar although I run mine wide open.

Then you have the more than double capacity 4 ml and topfill and granted like, I run a lot of tanks at once but I actually had to REMOVE my 1.6 coil to try the 0.8 coil because it refused to die.

Topfill system is pretty innovative and not only that the connection to the tank is built right into the coil, so you never have to worry about worn out threads (although that does mean seating your coil incorrectly can have "do not read" consequences, but it's easy enough..

I actually prefer the 1.6 coil to the 0.8 coil in my opinion with the lower resistance coils the ares (while being oddly "airy" in a way while wide open but remaining unthirsty) is not a thirsty tank.

I would say those are the reasons it is worth it. They also now make a 3 ml tank and a 2 ml TPD tank I have not tried them to see if flavor is better but the flavor in the 4 ml version is plenty good enough if you ask me. Built... as solid as a tank. For a tank.

Anna

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Once I got my first Zenith the Naut2's basically ceased to be on my mind, I put them in a draw and forgot about all the little things that annoyed me about them.
The Zenith has much longer coil life, has a larger capacity, easier fill, easier coil change. Its not a fiddly or messy tank.

The iJoy Elf uses the same coils as the Naut2. Its a good unit, I prefer it to the Naut2.

I am keen to try the new Naut S. There were some things about the Naut2 I liked and it seems the Naut S may have addressed some of the issues.

robertboyl

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Canada
Thanks a lot, everyone.

yeah, I wanted something cost effective and wondering if anything better than the Nautilus BVC in terms of throat hit, durability, etc.

Anna, thanks for tip on the Zenith. I might try that, I see the tank isnt expensive and the coils are basically same price if not cheaper than Nautilus. I see places such as Mt. Baker and Direct Vapor that have it. The tank and the Zenith replacement coils.

So the Nautilus coils havent changed with the new Nautilus 2, correct? Its the same Nautilus BVC coils I use on my normal Nautilus, correct?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, but there is a new 0.4 coil for the new tank. People are issuing grim, like predictions of how it will vape with the airflow of the Nautilus, I haven't seen any reviews of it. I'm not quite sure what I think about a 2.6 ml tank with a 0.4 ohm coil in any case. Seems like it would be thirsty and the 0.7 coil is my least favorite one in any case. I want to know if the 0.4 coil works in all the other BVC tanks in case I get a wild hair sprouting from my chin and decide to try it.

LOL, I will be finding out anyway probably I will probably get this tank as a stocking stuffer for the husband for Christmas.
Etc.

Anna

gertan72

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
İstanbul - TÜRKİYE
if you use high nicotine such as 18mg,joyetech ego aio eco is good alternative.I have been using it for 5 months and Coil life of about 3 weeks.flavour,draw,size everything is good.

with 18mg daily 3ml eliquid,with salt 50mg daily 1ml eliquid

IMG_20181005_120257 (1).jpg

robertboyl

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Canada
Hi, Anna and friends

Im about to purchase my Zenith tank. Was just wondering, I read that its an MTL, mouth to lung, and that this is more normal for folks that used to smoke analogs. Strange, when i smoked analogs, AFAIK, Id do a direct lung :) And thats the whole pleasure of analogs. Maybe Im wrong.

Anyways, surely it will perform well for direct lung too, right?

Thanks!

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Hi, Anna and friends

Im about to purchase my Zenith tank. Was just wondering, I read that its an MTL, mouth to lung, and that this is more normal for folks that used to smoke analogs. Strange, when i smoked analogs, AFAIK, Id do a direct lung :) And thats the whole pleasure of analogs. Maybe Im wrong.

Anyways, surely it will perform well for direct lung too, right?

Thanks!

If you're used to the Nauti BVC coils, you'll be fine with the Zenith. If anything, the Zenith is a little "looser" or "airier" than the Nauti (original and Mini). I used the Nauti on either hole 2 or 3. Even with the hole on 1 with the Zenith, it's looser/airier than that.

With all airholes open the Zenith can do a decent restricted DL, IMO. The Nautis couldn't, also IMO.

• Useful
Reactions: Baditude

wackygt

Nov 4, 2018
I have recently purchased a Zenith with my other daily driver being a Nautilus 2. For coil life, ability to change coils without losing liquid, ace top filling system and overall build quality is excellent

I get on better with the 0.8 coil although I have just put a 0.5 plexus in which seems quite airy which I really like

However - for my vaping style which I guess is MTL but above average clouds (restricted DL maybe?) I find the Nautilus 2 gives superior taste on the liquids I have tried. The problem is it has the worst designed re-filling method I have tried in my experience. I do run the Nautilus 2 with all air holes open and use the 0.7 coil at around 20 w.

TLDR Zenith = better tank for ease of use. Nutilus 2 = much better flavour and better vapour production.

• Informative
Reactions: MartinD

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
If you're used to the Nauti BVC coils, you'll be fine with the Zenith. If anything, the Zenith is a little "looser" or "airier" than the Nauti (original and Mini). I used the Nauti on either hole 2 or 3. Even with the hole on 1 with the Zenith, it's looser/airier than that.

With all airholes open the Zenith can do a decent restricted DL, IMO. The Nautis couldn't, also IMO.
Thanks so much for this! I could have sworn a reviewer hinted at that, but glad to read it here.

I'll sit this one out, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread