Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
I ordered a Silver Bullet after reading great reviews and a suggestion from numerous friends. I got it in the mail pretty fast, but the button was broken. I opened a ticket and eventually got a reply from Chad. He was super helpful and very professional about getting it resolved. On the other end, the staff at alt smoke did not seem to really care that I had an issue. Feedback took forever if at all, and sometimes was cryptic. Eventually I got an email regarding reimbursement for the shipping cost of sending it to chad. Unfortunately I had already sent it and did not include the receipt. As I said, feedback took a while. After getting frustrated and after two weeks without the unit I paid for I just sent them a copy of the receipt and told them if they just wanted to pay me back with some juices, since the money would just go to that anyways that was fine. Most companies would love this idea and maybe even throw in some extra for all the hassle I was having. Well, I never really heard back from them about this and I think my ticket is still marked as open, even though I posted the last reply. The last time I talked to Chad he said he would take care of it and I believe he definitely tried, he said it would be sent. Well, the silver bullet works wonderfully now, button replaced and all is right in the world in that regard, only took 2 1/2 - 3 weeks. I never did hear back from alt smoke themselves and never received any juice and I am out 12 bucks for shipping.

As I said, Chad was wonderful, more like a dutiful father over these devices. He was very interested in getting things taken care of.
Alt smoke staff, definitely needs to work on communicating with customers better. I am very dissatisfied with their service and feel like they really did not care if I became a customer beyond my silver bullet purchase. This I do not understand, as you buy a mod once, but there is always need to buy juice, atomizers, cartomizer and a whole slew of other things. There are other retailers I would rather spend my money at.

If you want a Silver Bullet, I believe they are the only people to buy them through. Do it, they are great devices and Chad is very responsive to their issues and care. If you want other supplies beware and hope you dont have issues.

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
Hey Aaron,

Sorry to hear that you responses were less than spectacular. I went through the ticket where we responded and I do agree they were a little short responses. We did send you a secondary package on the 20th which did contain extra liquids. It was last scanned in Georgia and that was it. It was expected to be delivered on the 27th, but never was updated after that. I sent the tracking number as a reply in one of your tickets so you can see what I mean.

As far as customer service, it's not common for these types of post to appear here. I went through the tickets that we received and didn't really see any responses that took days to be answered to. The initial one was responded to the following day and the remainders were responded to within hours. As for the short responses, his response was where to send a copy of the receipt. Now that ticket doesn't show open on our end, it shows 'Waiting for Reply' which means it's waiting for a customer reply. But I do see you responded to it, and that accounts for why it was never responded to. So I apologize for that.

As far as the two week comment, the majority of the delay was to and from. It looks like it took about 10days which is about two weeks. The Ticket was opened on the 14th, the package was attempted delivered to us on the 19th. And your replacement was shipped out on the 20th. We can only do so much :p But I understand the frustration in that regard.

But to recap, you asked for an email address to send the receipt to. We did provide the email address in a short response. You attached it in the reply to your ticket, which never clicked back over to open (not your fault, the web guru's are looking in to why that happened). So we never received the receipt, as they dont attach attachments to the tickets (could cause a lot of issues :p). The initial response took til the next day to respond to, the remainder were done within a few hours of your responses. The item was shipped back in a timely manor (Go Chad! :p) and we did send out liquid as an apology, but obviously got stuck in the middle of USPS land.

I'm sending this as a reply to your ticket as well, and like we agreed upon, send the receipt to the following email address and we shall refund it.

Thanks much,
Rob

P.S. Please dont take this as a personal attack because it's not. Just responding to your initial post and wanted to clarify on some points you made. People do read these reviews, and did not want people to think that the results you received were the 'norm'. Because if it was...we wouldn't have this thread in the first place :p

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
I thought it was only fair to update this as it looks like I am one of the few bad reviews. Rob with altsmoke contacted me shortly after I posted my review and was very courteous in his tone and manner. It seems there were numerous communication issues as well as a few technological issues involved. I appreciate greatly the quick response and concern shown by him and the attempt to correct the issues addressed. I greatly appreciate when a vendor has pride in how customers perceives their business and does not avoid or ignore situations that arise. As a note I did not take the above as a personal attack and I totally can relate to where he is coming from.

Tunapants

Jun 28, 2009
Tx
Well, having had a roommate that has ordered from altsmoke and been a forum member since 2009 I ordered the silver bullet yesterday online for 174 bucks total...well, i tried to order online first and it did not go through, so I called and was assured that the transaction did not go through and I made it clear that a double transaction would affect my bank account, and was also informed that the adapter I ordered online was not available or recommended so after all that I did the order via phone and it was 168.00..I gave my email address again even though I registered previous and was told that not only did my online order not go through, but I would receive a confirmation email of the new order...Confirmation never happened..I woke up to my bank sending me texts at 730 this am that i was 78.00 over drawn. 342.00 charged from altsmoke for a 168.00 order and I dont even have a confirmation or tracking.Once I got the messages I have contacted alsmoke via phone, messages, email, contact us etc and stil have not heard a word about the additional 174.00..Very disappointing..its really put me out in more ways than I can say..

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
Howdy,

I apologize for the issues with your order previously today. Your bank should not have charged an over draft fee as we did not receive/deduct the funds from your account. The amount should have been stuck in pending until it received a response from the processor that it did not go through. I explained this in more detail in your ticket as well as suggested speaking to your bank to get the fee removed, and explained why it shouldn't of been added. Also if you have a problem with the bank asked for contact information for a bank rep so we can speak to them.

As for the secondary issue of not receiving an email receipt. This was due to a typo in your email address that the rep who took the order over the phone. So I must apologize, in the ticket I noted that we will go over the proper procedure as far as protocol goes with phone orders for the reps to make sure everyone knows how to properly do these.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to inquire here or in your ticket.

Thanks much,
Rob

Tunapants

Jun 28, 2009
Tx
Thank you Rob for respondng here too, wanted to make sure that I did as well..You were right in the fact that the first charge should not have even shown considering the incorrect security code..(my bad) You did respond to my issue today and in a 12 hour time frame and I appreciate that..Look forward to checking my mail either today or mon...Thanks again...consider this ticket closed afer I get my order lol...if my bank cites douchebaggery,and the money is not returned I will call you ;)

Tanya/Tuna

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
2 new SB's purchased and a lightly used one off the classies. Very well constructed PV's. For us gals after dark, keep it in your hand at all times...makes for a good nightstick and won't harm the mod. Juices are very good also. I've enjoyed all the ones I bought so far. Thank you altsmoke for providing one stop shopping.

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL
Ordered my Omega a few weeks back on a Friday and it got to me on a Monday!! We're talking all the way from Ohio or Boston to So. Cal!!!! That's pretty damn impressive!

I love my Omega. Couldn't have rated my experience any higher 10*'s all day!!!

If anyones watching this thread, got an idea on when you will be restocking a full variety of SB's?

rocks82

Supplier Associate
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Columbus
www.altsmoke.com

SolarGypsy

Feb 25, 2012
SE Ohio
These guys are the best. I've ordered online from them with super fast delivery. But I also travel for work alot around the Ohio area and on occasion up and down 77. Twice I've stopped in to their store and they are super helpful and let me try anyflavor I wanted. Are you kidding me. Tyler, thank you for answering my questions. I love my new ego passthru. Anyone looking for top quality fast service these guys are always a safe bet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread