Status
Not open for further replies.

ToweKnee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Chicago
I have been vaping since Nov 17th and have used plenty of PG and VG heavy mixes. Just this week I have been getting rashes up and down my arms, hands, chest, back and behind my knees. Its been itching like mad and I first thought maybe I got some bad spider bites from falling asleep in the basement. I ended up cleaning my whole basement and even went as far as steam clean my furniture. The rashes havent gone away for 3 days and just going to take some benedryl right now for it. Is it possible to find out your allergic to something even after 3 months of no symptoms until now?

ToweKnee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Chicago

Not be rude or anything but it just did not answer my question. I was going to mix up some batches of 100% VG juice but all my flavorings are in PG as well as my NIC. Good thing my NIC is almost gone right now and will order it all in VG but I just want to be sure before I blow money doing that.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Its more likely that its something you recently brought into your juices-- it is possible to have a reaction to a specific new to you flavoring or ingredient. I would imagine that much sooner than PG or VG- mainly because symptoms most likely would have shown themselves before three months in. I would start with the most immediate new things-- anything new used in the last week. If its happening with any and all juices or you have used nothing new in the last week then yes I would as you suspect either PG or VG.

ToweKnee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Chicago
See thats the thing I think it started when I was vaping some new flavors ( but I am constantly vaping new stuff) so went back and mixed up some stuff I knew I had no problems with. Took some Benedryl as well to see if that helps. I think I may just mix a batch of pure VG, water and just add some sweetner to it to eliminate the possibilities.

Last edited:

ToweKnee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Chicago
i would say i had that problem after vaping pg juices and changed to all vg juices and my problem was fixed...

lm3... good luck my friend ...:2cool::2cool::2cool:

Once you got your juice lawn how long did it take for the reactions to go away? Did you buy your juice and from where? The thing is I enjoy DIY and most all flavorings are in PG. Im wondering if that will still have an effect on me.

inter_ceptor00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Minor Details
I am having the same problem myself right now. An allergic rash due to something in my juices. I know its the juice because this happened to me about a month ago, and after visiting the ER because the rash was spreading like crazy and getting meds that helped but didnt cure it, I tried my own experiment and stopped vaping totally for a week. The rash went away then. I started vaping again to try and figure out what was causing the rash, and I think I found the culprit. Loranns flavorings. I have vaped all sorts of premade juices and DIY juice using vaperite flavorings but when I made some using Loranns the rash came back(just going away again now). Im going to see the dermatologist in a couple of weeks and will see what they have to say about it, but thought my experience might help you identify the causes of your issues. Good luck to you

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
Well I ordered straight VG juice from Alien Vision so we shall see.

Hon, can you think of (maybe you could pull out receipts?) new flavors you added to your routine right about the same time this started? I'd go back as far as a week or two. Did you buy nic or a different brand of pg around the same time?

It's possible I suppose your body may have developed a sensitivity to pg, but it seems you would have had symptoms before now.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Definitely see a dermatologist. I had bad rashes last year, turned into an oozing, burning mess, left scars. Went to Patient First multiple times only to be given shots of some antibiotic and 2 prescription antibiotics. That was a mess, not supposed to do that many antibiotics at once, much less multiple times in row, a couple months apart. Finally they said they did not know what it is, go to a dermatologist.

It turns out my allergies (pollens, saps, perfumes, etc...) had only worsened. Not vape related for me so far. Dermatologist gave me prescription for a steroid based ointment. Every time I get an itch red bump I put it on and it goes away. Dermatologist told me this would happen, and what to do. Also have to shower, wash hair, wash clothes whenever I go outside. So, I just don't go out any more than I have to anymore. Can't leave the windows open in car, apartment anymore either.

It could be you have developed an allergy to something in your liquid that you were not allergic to before. I would at least get some medicine for the current rash, just a cautionary tale of scarring above is why I suggest that. Until then get the best cortisone cream any drugstore near you has.

If you tried any new juice, you probably know the culprit. If not, see a dermatologist.

(Dare I say, the basement story made me wonder about fleas or dreaded bed bugs! Yikes!!)

Last edited:

ToweKnee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Chicago
Nothing has changed in my diet and things have been pretty much the same. I vape different juices every day so to put my finger on one flavor is difficult. The flavors I used that day when things started happening are put aside right now. The redness isnt too bad but its spotty. Its not itchy to the point im breaking skin scratching it either. I changed to a 80vg/20pg mix of what I had available until I get my pure VG juice in.

My basement is completely finished and my house is kept clean very well. Hell I even rented a steam cleaner to clean everything just to be sure. Its just when this started it looked like a typical spider bite or even an insent bite but when it started to spread on my hands and arms it became suspicious.Being that Im the only one in the house having this problem leads me to the juice right now. I think my hands itch more than anything and I think its due to constantly coming into contact with the juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread