am i cloud chasing? any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So dual coil .25 ohms 24 kanthal 5 wraps 7/64. How can i improve the fog i roll in on. Lol i adjust the air flow to a mid ground with peak cloud. Sony battery 4.2 volts 2500 mah . on atty 1 auth. And mutant x clone. Btw not impressed with clones so far i think it actually matters but ive always been that kind of guy

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
Lower ohms & more airflow. More airflow by itself may or may not help, too much airflow just causes an airy half-assed vape... Lower resistance will help a lot tho. On a VTC you can go to .14Ω without passing their continuous rating, and we technically use their pulse rating for the most part so that's the 'safe' zone. Try like a 24g parallel dual coil, 2-3mm ID, 4-8 wraps (depending on how low you wanna go / what wire you're using). Also, raise the coil quite a bit off the deck and get it half way between the center post and the airflow. This will allow vapor to shoot from 360º around the coil, and the increased airflow will keep the whole thing cool. Also, less is better when it comes to wick... I let the juice wells hold the juice, the wicks go from the coil to the deck and are cut so they can just barely reach the base of the wells. No puffy cotton clouds / long tails / etc. (part of the reason I hate the plumeveil :p ).

Option B to lower ohms would be grabbing a device that can put out more than 4.2v :p Either regulated like an ipv3 or unregulated series box mod, either would work. Same thing goes for the coils/wicks tho :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread