IPV3 + Mutation x v2. Suggest me a cloud chasing build using 26g.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrose152

Nov 23, 2014
I only on have 26g kanthal and I've tried Dual coil 26g .3ohm(I think it was 7 wraps), .3 ohm dual parallel 12 wrap each(24 total each) and that took forever to ramp up and cool down, and twisted 26g single .65ohm coil all wrapped around 2mm and can't get big clouds. I've tried cranking up the wattage and everything. What's my issue? So far the twisted single coil has been my favorite because it's a warm dense vape at 60w but I've yet to get anything I can consider "cloud chasing" and I am using 100%vg.

coolercoiler

Dec 5, 2014
uk
I only on have 26g kanthal and I've tried Dual coil 26g .3ohm(I think it was 7 wraps), .3 ohm dual parallel 12 wrap each(24 total each) and that took forever to ramp up and cool down, and twisted 26g single .65ohm coil all wrapped around 2mm and can't get big clouds. I've tried cranking up the wattage and everything. What's my issue? So far the twisted single coil has been my favorite because it's a warm dense vape at 60w but I've yet to get anything I can consider "cloud chasing" and I am using 100%vg.
You need less wire and more ohms, try 10-12 wraps of 26g on 2.5mm-3mm ID duel coil that for about 0.7-0.8 ohm 3mm Id coils will help with wicking and rayon is your friend:)

DaveHolland

Nov 24, 2012
United States
I did a 28g build dual coil 12 wraps around I think 2mm. 0.35 Ohm and it heats fast and makes an impressive cloud at only 90 watts. I think I was pushing the cloud out to around 10 ft in front of me measured by distance from a wall then after blowing the cloud walking around the side to see if it touched.

The IPV3 is great and will reach its 165 watt advertised rating but you need 0.35 or lower coils to reach it. I have personally tested a few different ones and the highest voltage on the post is 7.6v. So a higher Ohm coil, such as 0.7 will only reach 82 watts. Yes it will also push high amp, I have ran 165 watts (measured by volt on the posts) on some 0.1 Ohm coils and you feel the whole mod get warm from amping the batteries.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
I LOVE seeing so many MX/IPV3 users here!!! I've been using the MX since early Oct (MXv1) but just got my IPV3 this past week.

I've been messing with larger kanthal since I got my IPV3 but when I was running my MX1 on a mech the sweetest 26ga build was parallel coils, 4.5 wraps (9 total) at 0.16 ohm - 1/8". Great density, fast ramp up, and it didn't make my atty super hot like some builds I've done. I hated to pull that build out when I went to 22ga and am still searching for a comparable build with lower gauge wire. Start at 60W and see how high you want to go. I was running that build at over 100W on a mech but it liked more like 60-70 on the IPV3.

I'd vote for larger diameter coils and I use Yosh Vapergate's wicking method. If nothing else it keeps the dry hit from sneaking up on you and making you want to quit vaping forever and/or commit suicide.

Chuff caps are your friend. I'm not sure if anyone is making one for the MX just yet but...
Tobh chuff cap + 80 grit sandpaper + 30 min of your time + the O-ring from the MX top cap = bigger clouds.

Let us know what ends up working for you.

randomone

Nov 20, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
When you get a hold of 24 ga, try it with dual center 7 wraps, 3/32" ID. I get .3 ohms and fire it at 50 watts using 6 mg. I've experimented with different builds but always go back to the aforementioned, oh the clouds and flavor! Purchased the IPV3 on black Friday, been vaping it with MX V2 ever since. It truly is hard to go back to a mech. I have some 26 ga left, let us know what build/setup works best and I might give it a shot.

Sleepy Dog Lee

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Powell River BC
are you pulling hard!!! ? sometimes i get lazy and dont draw as hard, it makes such a huge difference, drawing the vapour straight to your lungs will get you to pull harder than to your mouth :)
I am and I keep the airflow wide open drawing in as fast as I can to full lung capacity. There is not much restriction in airflow with this rda wide open but enough to feel some pull. I like it. A lot.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I am and I keep the airflow wide open drawing in as fast as I can to full lung capacity. There is not much restriction in airflow with this rda wide open but enough to feel some pull. I like it. A lot.

Yes Lee you are doing a very good job i see in your video :D

ive become an air monster myself and it doesnt get any better IMO :)

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
My go to MX build is dual 30 gauge coils 4 wraps around a 3\32 bit. Each coil coil using 6 parallel strands of 30 gauge. it comes out to .1-.15 depending on leg length. Its a slightly warm vape with no heat up\ cool down. Another good one is dual coils using 4 wraps of 4 parallel strands of 28 gauge 3\32 bit. Same as the 30 gauge but warmer.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
Built a pair of 28ga twisted coils and liked it. Built 26 ga twisted, 6.5 wraps around 1/8" at about 0.4 ohms. It chucks at 90W. Runs well at 80W too. Higher heat capacity than I normally like but it's got good flavor and vapor production. I wick with Sheseido cotton now. Haven't noticed any difference in clouds but it wicks better than regular organic cotton.

Still searching for the IPV3 build that puts out like a lot of my mech builds did. It does well but falls ever so slightly short. Bout to rebuild the MXv1 with parallel 25ga at 0.16 and put it on a mech so I can get those crazy dense clouds again.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
My go to MX build is dual 30 gauge coils 4 wraps around a 3\32 bit. Each coil coil using 6 parallel strands of 30 gauge. it comes out to .1-.15 depending on leg length. Its a slightly warm vape with no heat up\ cool down. Another good one is dual coils using 4 wraps of 4 parallel strands of 28 gauge 3\32 bit. Same as the 30 gauge but warmer.

I can't imagine trying to wrap those coils much less mount them. Props.

Wern314

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
I've only had my Mutation X V3 for a few days now and I'm getting the best clouds to date. Currently running dual 26g on 7/64 ID (2.78mm), 10.5 wraps at .68 ohms. I run it at 70-90 watts on my IPV3.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424054168.793368.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424054015.984880.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
In all honesty - an IPV3 with a MutationX (V1-V3) - I enjoy quad coils. Quad sleeper coils to be exact. Crank up the wattage a bit and POW! Vape heaven. Granted, since it's a regulated box, running 2 18650's the battery drain will be apparent (based on preferred wattage), but won't be nearly as noticeable as trying to fire a quad build on a mechanical mod. Play around with it a bit, but yeah IMO, quads ...! And if you build quad nanos... talking about a punch in the face,

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
In all honesty - an IPV3 with a MutationX (V1-V3) - I enjoy quad coils. Quad sleeper coils to be exact. Crank up the wattage a bit and POW! Vape heaven. Granted, since it's a regulated box, running 2 18650's the battery drain will be apparent (based on preferred wattage), but won't be nearly as noticeable as trying to fire a quad build on a mechanical mod. Play around with it a bit, but yeah IMO, quads ...! And if you build quad nanos... talking about a punch in the face,

Since getting the IPV3 (my first regulated mod) I've set my target coil resistance so that my target wattage will take 6-7V. That way the amperage is lower, which should create longer battery life. I think. I might be totally wrong about all of that though.

I'm going to have to try these quad coils though. I keep putting it off but it's going to happen soon. I'm thinking quad 26ga around 0.4 ohms. That should suffice when set to 80-90W. And when I say "suffice" I mean "guzzle 15-20ml of juice per day with a backdrop of giggling and coughing".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread