am i crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddy611

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Chicago, IL USA
i went to best buy with my girlfriend last night to buy a GPS for her parents. there was this garmin for $120 and a tomtom for $90. i decided to go for the cheap one and she got mad. she said and i quote "you dont have a problem spending $120 for a tube but you have a problem spending $120 for a GPS." i started thinking about what she said and she is right. i have a problem spending $120 for a GPS but i dont have a problem paying $100 for a mod:(. a GPS is worth $120 because of the technology and engineering put on it. a GPS tells you where you at, my PV cant:lol:. but somehow i have a problem spending $100 for a GPS but i dont have a problem spending $100 for a metal tube8-o. is she right, am i crazy:confused:

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
Be careful with Garmin. They're tricky. Make sure what you buy has the maps you need. I live on the American-Canadian border (Detroit) and bought a Garmin and it didn't have any maps for Canada. I forgot to check carefully for that so it's kind of my fault, I just still think it's cheap of them to not include all maps to North America, especially when selling their items near the border. Their customer service is rude also.

ddy611

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Chicago, IL USA
you could always get rid of the girlfriend and have even more to spend on mods.. :D

i told my wife that the money i spend now is far less than the cigs i would have purchased and she now doesn't have to smell the cigs. so for her it is worth the money when i put it that way
:pi love vaping but my PV doesnt keep me company during those lonely nights:(

aflatau

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Yea the TomTom is a better unit - garmin you just get there name since they have been around a lot longer. I use to sell these things back in the day - and I can tell you Tom Tom has come a long way and has great ui and ease of use. Deffently the better choice for older folks. The Garmen would have probably confused them.

ladysolitary85

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2009
California
We're all mad here.... *says in the Chester cat's voice*

but yea I'm kinda the same way. I wont spend money on myself say, clothes, shoes, nails, hair, blah blah blah, I could put more on the list lol. But for some reason I always look to priority stuff FIRST and I'll debate for hours "hmmm... do I need that or do I want that" which I haven't done in a while anyways.

One of my friends and I went to a shoe store, she was trying to get me to buy $40 shoes, I didn't and she said "Ashley! God its not the 90's anymore!"

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
From your comment "is she right" I can tell you must be a little young....early 20's maybe!

Don't you know "SHE" is always right. Don't ever forget that and life will be so much easier. The trick is making her aware that she is right but also getting your way. Sorry but that just takes time. Every woman is different and you work it differently with each one. Come on guys...you know I'm right!

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
From your comment "is she right" I can tell you must be a little young....early 20's maybe!

Don't you know "SHE" is always right. Don't ever forget that and life will be so much easier. The trick is making her aware that she is right but also getting your way. Sorry but that just takes time. Every woman is different and you work it differently with each one. Come on guys...you know I'm right!

Hmmm, in my opinion "SHE" is almost always wrong... maybe thats why I'm still single...

In any case, I would have went for the Garmin. I travel a lot and have used both, hated tom tom and have loved my Garmins.

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem

Well, I say I'M THE KING OF MY CASTLE...when my wife's not around :rolleyes:. AND I"LL DO WHAT I WANT....as long as she lets me:rolleyes:.

Last edited:

angjen0816

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Menasha, WI

hehehe i always tell my guy friends when they tell me about their "crazy" girlfriends that if they are looking for a women thats not crazy they might as well give up. they have to look for the KIND of crazy they can deal with.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
I travel via company car across NC and VA constantly and trust it all to my TOMTOM, have no fear, your decision was a wise one ;)

PS-hook it up to TOMTOM home site, you can get homer sommpson, darth vader, hell whoever u want to tell u where to go, most are free voices and very simple too! Just click and its on there :D

ddy611

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Chicago, IL USA
i told my girlfriend its NOT a tube but she doesnt care. she calls it a tube. she never smoked in her life and she was the reason why i quit, and my brother got me into vaping. she knows that vaping is "healthier" than smoking but when she sees me spending $$$$$$ in vaping stuff and i dont spend a lot of $$$$ on everyday stuff, she gets mad. we've been going out to dinner a lot now because i have extra $$$ to spend. you know how it is.... you cant WIN with a girl....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread