Am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Oh, not THAT one- anything but that one! Big mistake!
Just kidding. Good luck. Member since Tuesday, already on your 2nd tank (and 2nd profile pic).
You'll probably be needing this link: Shinyitis Support Group

Lol I almost cried when I read the first line! Technically this would be my third tank because I started with a joyetech pen :)

I have a friend who is an RTA user and he is aways sporting a new tank. Saw him this morning while playing racquetball and asked what he would recommend for a beginner, single coil with great flavor.

He said he has been using the Serpent Elevate for a month now and loves it. Easy build, single, great flavor, top fill and top air intake...

I have no clue about the tank but take his word for it.... Might be worth a look as well...

Here it’s really difficult to find the good stuff. They bring the most commercial brands and Chinese stuff. You can find all Smok stuff which I probably will never buy. There’s iJoy, some Geek Vape...

I’ve watched lots of great reviews for the Zeus dual rta and I like that I can use it as a single or dual :)

Reactions: bask

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Here it’s really difficult to find the good stuff. They bring the most commercial brands and Chinese stuff. You can find all Smok stuff which I probably will never buy. There’s iJoy, some Geek Vape...

I’ve watched lots of great reviews for the Zeus dual rta and I like that I can use it as a single or dual :)

If you are going to be building yourself there are a few simple and easy things to look out for..

Hot spots.... Test the coil by pulsing it before wicking it. Micro coils can be pinched with ceramic tweezers and raked to eliminate them. Spaced coils are a bit easier but still need to be checked. Once you have even glow and no hot spots then wick it on up..

Some tanks want thick wick, some want a thin wick. You'll need trial and error to figure out what works best for the chosen tank and for you..

Once you have the coil on, tested, adjusted, wicked and have prime it, test again one last time. Close everything up and fill the tank. If you are getting dry harsh hits you might have a hot spot or to much wick. If you are getting flooding, gurgling or leaking you might not have enough wick..

Good luck!

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I think it’s always important to test and keep track of what you do and what you’re using. I kept bringing my wattage up and that’s what burnt my coils. It’s been two days that I haven’t gone above 47w and it’s all good :)

I’m enjoying this learning how to use my new kit

That's the truth. It often it takes a while to figure out the wrinkles. Pretty much any tank will give you a decent vape if you are patient and stick with it. I think it's a mistake to give up too soo, the tanks I use regularly now took me a long time to get the hang of.

• Love
Reactions: PatVapes

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Attended my hometown girls' H.S. basketball game earlier. That is my second hobby after vaping. Did I miss something other than PatVapes' new avatar with those bedroom eyes and come hither smile? :wub:

Posts like this will only encourage me. In fact, this new information about your fondness for girls' basketball adds fuel to the fire.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
Is that what they have at your local shop or are you ordering one?

Yes, they showed it to me and I literally saw the light lol I’ve been researching and I like what I see :3

Not a bad choice at all! Congratulation on the first one! Welcome to the rabbit hole and see you somewhere there! Hahaha! I'm sure this will not be your last atty! Cheers! :toast:

Thanks! I hope it is the last one lol :danger:

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Yes, they showed it to me and I literally saw the light lol I’ve been researching and I like what I see :3

Thanks! I hope it is the last one lol :danger:
Nice! Let us know when you get it. Watch a lot of videos on building and wicking that RDA. It's similar to what I started building on. Eventually you'll get tired of dripping and look at squonking. That's all I do now, then you'll be hooked ;):)

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Nice! Let us know when you get it. Watch a lot of videos on building and wicking that RDA. It's similar to what I started building on. Eventually you'll get tired of dripping and look at squonking. That's all I do now, then you'll be hooked ;):)

Zeus Dual RTA. No dripping required.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I’ve made up my mind and I’m getting that Zeus dual rta :evil:

Good job

Closing this mess.
@PatVapes , sorry about the trolling and hijacking of your thread - these members know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread