Am I just dumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracyalexa1

Apr 2, 2009
I am fairly bright, even went to college a time or two but I cannot for the life of me figure out what the heck I am doing wrong.

I figured out the charger thing.

I watch videos on stuffing / refilling / juicing whatever else.

I just did the following, tell me if I screwed up here:

1. Took the stuffing out, squeeze w/ paper towel to get any "mint flavored juice off".

2. Dripped 5 drops of Caramel liquid from altsmokes into the cartridge.

3. Put the stuffing back in.

4. Swished it around in there w/ paperclip. 2 more drops.

5. Put it back together.

6. Smoke.

Yuck. Dry mouth, no taste except just...dry mouth. It does not taste like caramel. It actually tastes like a stale analog.

Simply wash out the cart filling under running tap water till it's white as snow. Then pat dry them and refill your cart.

The atomizer still has some e-juice from the old flavor on it so you'll need to either use a different atomizer or clean that one out.

If all this fails, then the e-juice flavor you have is....not good. Try the same flavor from another supplier.

The others offer good advice! (Blue Knight Max and SambucaLu esp.)

My advice is wash out the atomizer and let it dry over night. Now I don't speak from experience but from what I've read, most atomizers have a priming fluid on them when they are shipped. The primer fluid has been described to produce a taste just as you descibed in your post, god-awful.

P.S. Please make sure you aren't touching the actual cartridge at any point.

Alanae

Mar 13, 2009
North Carolina
I had empty carts and started refilling recently myself and also ran into "issues". LIke you I read the posts, watched the videos, thought I got it all down pat...but then ... I realize that practice makes perfect and that the people making the videos had a hell of alot more practice than my noob self and somehow made the whole process look easier than it was lol

The few things I did learn:

1. If you clean the atomizer you MUST drip on it the next morning since it seems to be dry and dead and not do a heck of alot until you wet it again.

2. After doing your drops, adding stuffing, dropping again, paperclip blah blah blah - I noticed that if I can get a "small" drop on the top of the poly when I bring it back to the top of the cart it helped alot.

3. The poly needs to be in the "right" place. At least on my M401 it seems that if its too high or too low in the cart it doesn't do a heck of alot other than annoy me with little vapor and little taste. There seems to be a sweet spot that it needs to sit in to do its job to the best of its ability.

Conclusion -

It's a learning curve and you just need to keep at it. I restuffed about 6 carts before I started getting carts that I was happy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread