Am I making a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawgU

May 2, 2014
Memphis, TN, USA
Placing my first orders for flavoring from several vendors. When I'm at TFA and I see the savings by buying the 4 oz size it just seems hard to resist. I've researched most of the recipes I plan to try and am mostly only buying those flavors, but I am buying multiple fruit flavors that I just want to play with and see how it goes. I have no idea how far 4 oz will go compared to .27 ml from OSDIY, but the math says I'm crazy to buy in smaller quantities. Of course if I don't use it I'm a fool. What makes the most sense to those of you who have experience?

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
Just my :2c:, yes the tfa bulk 4 oz prices are amazing, but, and I mean I big BUT , if you don't like them....that's quite a bit of flavoring....what I did was started with small sizes initially, bull city vapor and wizard labs offer at good prices, ecigexpress ok too; start with small sizes to try out, might even want to try a couple different brands to see what you prefer too, and when you find what you like, order in bulk then....however you decide, good luck and welcome to diy:)

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
I ordered my tfa and capella stuff from bull city vapor. I got most of them in the 30ml size, that way I'd have enough flavoring to make a couple recipes to see if i like the stuff or not. They have good prices on vg and vapertek nicotine too so i gave them a go.

I wouldn't go any larger then 30ml at first, 10ml isn't that much to play around with and a 30ml bottle is only $4.50.
Best of luck to you on your diy adventure

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'd go with the small bottles and sample sizes from various vendors.....some carry FA and others too.

Unless you really have perfected recipes, that 4oz will just last...........forever.

Wasting them would not be *saving* money. $2 or so for some bottles of flavoring is the sweet spot when starting out, IMHO

dead not sleeping

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Land of Thunder, Upstate NY
A while back, I compared the pricing of TFA's 1 oz size to 4 of the 8 ml bottles from Wizard Labs. 1 oz ~ 29.5 ml. 4 x 8 ml = 32 ml. It was cheaper, and I got more product, ordering TFA from Wizard Labs. :confused: I don't know if the 4 oz holds true, and didn't factor in shipping. Never checked beyond that.

Das Auto

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Pacific NW, USA
Am in that same boat with ya! Buying my first round of juices for my first go at DIY and not sure if the small bottles are worth it?! so what I did was ordered the sampler pack from Lorann 10 bottles for $12 to play around with and figure out %'s. Now I just placed an order at FW for flavors that I bought at my local store who mixes them to order. I think I should be able to replicate his flavors pretty closely.
You said you ordered 51 flavors! That should give you PLENTY of mixes to play around with!

Let us know what you find and how it's going!

shreduhsoreus

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Indianapolis
A while back, I compared the pricing of TFA's 1 oz size to 4 of the 8 ml bottles from Wizard Labs. 1 oz ~ 29.5 ml. 4 x 8 ml = 32 ml. It was cheaper, and I got more product, ordering TFA from Wizard Labs. :confused: I don't know if the 4 oz holds true, and didn't factor in shipping. Never checked beyond that.

TFA discontinued the 1 ounce bottles. The 4oz bottles are a better deal than anywhere I've seen, and I spend an ungodly amount of time window shopping online lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread