Am I missing out on something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMatt986

Jul 25, 2013
Germany
Achtung! This post is SARCASTIC!

Ok, I am running my Ithaka with 3mm Wolf Silica and for the life of me I cant get it to gurgle or leak! I have the basic feeding fully open and the adjustable feeding is also completely open. I am not even using any Vaseline on the bottom o-ring... My Ithaka simply keeps providing tons of rich luscious "gurgleless" vapor :?: I really feel I may be missing out on something... I did get a little gurgle after a flight yesterday but it went away before I could really enjoy it. :oops: This is really disappointing as the Ithaka has this great collection tank that is simply not being used. ;)

:p:D:p:laugh:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
ahahahaha, yes, its a pity that your CT stays unused Matt :laugh:

Gurgling is only because center pin is long. To my opinion it doesnt occure on all devices because people dont use same juices. Some juices produce more or bigger explotions than others, so its a matter of juice. But small nut eliminates this issue.

The only point that Ithaka may leak from, is the connerction between base and lower body because some juices are really thin and I tested Ithaka only with pure VG. But this is a matter of just an o-ring. The base has a 16x1 o-ring and if someone puts a 17x1 he will be more than ok.

Also sometimes o-rings vary, thats why I leave tolerance for bigger or thinner o-rings to my devices. That way anyone can put any o-ring fits better

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
Achtung! This post is SARCASTIC!

Ok, I am running my Ithaka with 3mm Wolf Silica and for the life of me I cant get it to gurgle or leak! I have the basic feeding fully open and the adjustable feeding is also completely open. I am not even using any Vaseline on the bottom o-ring... My Ithaka simply keeps providing tons of rich luscious "gurgleless" vapor :?: I really feel I may be missing out on something... I did get a little gurgle after a flight yesterday but it went away before I could really enjoy it. :oops: This is really disappointing as the Ithaka has this great collection tank that is simply not being used. ;)

:p:D:p:laugh:

I hear what you saying i wish i can encounter these things too. I don't know maybe we need the imeo clone to get that.
Who knows somewhere out in china there making a Imeo Clone. OOooOOo

MadMatt986

Jul 25, 2013
Germany
Ok, now back to being serious... to tell the truth , I actually have had a few minor leaks and gurgling in the beginning but after a few rebuilds and switching to refilling from the bottom, my collector tank has been bone dry. I even "survived" a 2 week vacation where I forgot to pack my rebuilding supplies. I did not have to take it apart (except to fill it once a day) or clean it even once. Sorry, I just cant stop raving about this thing :) Ok, I'll stop now.

MadMatt986

Jul 25, 2013
Germany
If basic feeding is open then you may have a small gurgling that leaves immediately if you yank Ithaka for 3-4 times Matt:)

Thanks! I just got the Telescoping mouthpiece and pumping that a few times really fast gives me some really nice gurgles and looks like the perfect way to fill the collection tank :)

-M@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread