Am I one of the only new 801 users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Thanks, Zenfrogs, it's been kind of a struggle, and I've actually looked for something to replace the Stick but I can't do it, I love them so much!
I've just left a message for Hoogie
to educate us about the cartos. I have a hopeful feeling these may be a long-sought-for solution to the scorching/burning issues...from what is posted on madvapes site they are made state-side?? That would be wonderful! And I asked about the schematics, hopefully when Hoogie gets my order in the mail he'll get over here ASAP and 'splain himself!!

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I sure will report back!! Maybe Hoogie can't post on this thread. ?? I'm very excited about trying them. I've got a bagful of scorched and burned out $7-10 801 attys within just a day or two, for under $3 these can't be any worse, long as they're kept wet should be no problem. Hope not!
I was on the waiting list for the first Sticks Janty made, and have had one ever since, from V1 to V3. Just very compact and covert if you need, and relatively reliable. If you ever have a switch problem it's an easy DIY fix, I think I can find the thread for repairing them. If so I'll post it here. But it's a good idea to have a stand-by unit. I get the $30 Joye Stick only from MyVaporStore. I see other suppliers are starting to carry them too.

Link to REPAIR THREAD:

Last edited:

BoomBoom65

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Suffolk County, New York
Since I have no 801 batteries and with the size of this 801 carto I knew I would be sucking up batteries fast - I ordered the 801 to 510 adapter, popped it on my passthru, plugged it into my USB port and am in big trouble! LOL! Puff puff puff without having to recharge.

I swear I filled this carto with 44 drops of juice.

This is a wonderful thing.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Here's a response from MadVapes re. configuration of 801 carto:
I just happen to have one in my pocket.. No schematic and haven't torn one apart yet but it appears to be very similar in nature to a 510 carto. Stuffing comes about 2/3 up the tube. Looks like a wire coming up the side and them goes down through the middle. 2.5 ohms.

hoog
So, I think these things may just work....can't wait to try them.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I did some digging, found a guy named Dave (leggomyears!) who did a very nice demo with the 801 carto, he likes it!!
Remarks about the 801 carto starts @ about 1:53 minutes, but the whole review is most interesting. I may like to look into another box mod. Someday.
I hope he doesn't mind the link, if so, I'll have to take it down. THANKS Dave, VERY nicely done!
From a fellow chain smoker, I know what it means to need the best vapor and best taste.
I've been looking at cartos for months, and here's the kicker: NOBODY told me there was an 801 from MadVapes!!
I use a Stick, 3.7v so these should last a good long time for me, If you use a 5v and are happy with their stamina, I expect great things.

[edit] wow, just got a lovely note from Dave:
No Problem at all! I love the 801 Cartos as you can tell! I just ordered a few more just to have but as yet I have not burned one out! They last pretty good and I use them for 3.7, 5V, and even 6V Vaping! Best I have ever found! I just checked and MadVapes has over 1000 in stock! Thanks for the comment and "Vape On Baby!"

QCAssociates 1 minute ago

Last edited:

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
I LOVE 801 carts!!! Your right about only taking about 7-8 puffs before you have to wait a bit, but this is normal for just about any atty besides cartomizers.

IDK you get used to just taking a puff here, and there really there is no need to chain puff it....if you feel that you need too just up your nic a little bit.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Oh my Gosh! I have been vaping all day, about 12 hours now, my 801 cartos came this morning. I've filled twice, once about noon and again a couple hours ago, and feel like I'm on vacation! No more dry scorching, no more cart to line up "properly" every single time, no more replacing cart filler, none of that!
I will be curious how long they will last, but this one still seems to be plenty lively. Will keep track of the lifetime, but from reviews they seem to be pretty reliable for a nice long time, even with a 5v unit. As for the price, amazingly inexpensive at $2.49. I've paid $16 for a Janty Classic that didn't last three days.
I think it is a tiny bit cooler than a reg. 801, but my juice tastes the same, I love that, still plenty of vapor, and have noticed I can't do too many puffs in a row, better vapor when I slow the cadence a little bit. Not unlike a reg atty, maybe a little more touchy.
A learning process, for sure.
Will have to figure out next whether to clean them occasionally or not. And how much juice to add, it's kind of hard to tell how much is too much. They do hold a lot! Maybe a blunt syringe with ml markings would be helpful for filling, till I get the hang of it. And what's better, to fill from the bottom up or drip from the top down. ??
After the first one burns out will have to open it up to see better how they're constructed.
Hey, if Leggomyears likes them with his 5v, I'm sold! I use a Janty or Joye Stick. One thing I'm not seeing is the condensation on the outside of the atty (Janty sticks conceal almost the entire atty, that condensation made a mess inside the chamber, sometimes the connection to the battery would be totally wet ~ bad!) Go figure.

Last edited:

Zenfrogs

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Virginia
I have also noticed that you need to pace yourself a bit to get the best out of these...and I think you are right they do seem a tiny bit cooler than an 801 atty. I love the fact that they arent as leaky as the atty. The inside of my Janty stick was frequently covered in condensation as well and I have not seen a bit with these either.

goonie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you're trying to use the cart + stock battery then nothing really beats out the 510.

BUT

If you're into dripping with a high voltage or low resistance setup, the 801 really has a lot going for it.
I've *never* had a leaking problem on the 801, and I'm waaay too generous when it comes to dripping.

Every though about trying an LR atty?

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I've been on my first 801 carto, since October 2nd, still going strong. It really does seem like a vacation, but I still overfill! I'll get it down pretty soon. It's hard to see what you're doing in there. How about a filler bottle with an LED!
If they all last a decent length of time I'm really liking this; four days is good for $2.49. I haven't tasted any scorch, not once. I do believe the coil may be a little heavier wire, could that be why they're cooler, longer lasting?? Don't have a clue. Just enjoying. These things are costing me more juice, you know, in the interest of testing I've been vaping more. Maybe should lower my nic a bit till I can relax. New Toys are such Joys!

Last edited:

BoomBoom65

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Suffolk County, New York
As I mentioned earlier in this thread I purchased an 810 mega carto and use it on my 510 pass through with a 510 adapter.

All my current hardware is specifically for the 510 I purchased in late July from cignot.com when I put down and smoked my very last analogue. :) (carts, cartos, batteries and chargers) except the batteries I purchased for the Phidias recently.
I did just purchase the Ego Box Kit from amajnecig.com at the ridiculous low price of 34.99 and awaiting delivery.

I am still quite new at this am am totally confused when I read about all the volts and ohms in these posts.

Since I am in love with this 801 mega carto I want to use it w/o the pass through. Maybe at work since I vape constantly and bringing the charger and all these 510 batteries with me everyday is getting to be a real pain. My son actually purchased me a multi charger for my birthday tomorrow so I can charge them all at once overnight but ... I need to know more about volts and batteries and the difference between low res and "regular" res atties. I know the LR atties, at least on my 510 are hotter.

This is pretty OT for this particular thread but vaping is a "must" part of my life now so I need to become much more informed than I am now.

FYI - I almost exclusively vape Backwood Brew juices after trying more than a few from more than a few other vendors. LOVE BWB !!!

Can someone direct me to the proper forum so I can learn about the different voltages of different batteries and such.

I do not want to high jack this thread. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread