Am I the only one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scand

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2012
Newnan, GA
That doesn't like Legend?? Tastes like vaping chocolate to me. Ugh...

in other news-
I upped the nic on my Huntsman from 8 to 10, and it's okay, but for some reason doesn't taste as sweet as my first batch did. The PG/VG rations remained the same. The first batch was AMAZING, even without steeping...but it seems like this one isn't as flavorful.

I did order a sampler with Shadow, and ordered a 6mL bottle of Sludge last night, looking forward to those. I can no longer do the crackberry...after steeping, it now tastes like flowers...I taste nothing related to blackberry anymore.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

in other news-
I upped the nic on my Huntsman from 8 to 10, and it's okay, but for some reason doesn't taste as sweet as my first batch did. The PG/VG rations remained the same. The first batch was AMAZING, even without steeping...but it seems like this one isn't as flavorful.

I did order a sampler with Shadow, and ordered a 6mL bottle of Sludge last night, looking forward to those. I can no longer do the crackberry...after steeping, it now tastes like flowers...I taste nothing related to blackberry anymore.

I don't care for Legend but it isn't because it tastes like chocolate. I wish it did. Not sure what the issue is with Huntsman. I can say this, NETS are volatile. It's what gives it its charm and is also what takes away its charm. This is why it is good to build a rotation. As for steeping, for the most part it improves the flavor. But for some, it might not. Sounds like this might have been your issue with Crackberry. Might have to vape that stuff quickly. Now and again you hear someone say they enjoy it fresh better than steeped. Perhaps keep it in the fridge to ...... the steeping next time.

scand

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2012
Newnan, GA
i don't care for legend but it isn't because it tastes like chocolate. I wish it did. Not sure what the issue is with huntsman. I can say this, nets are volatile. It's what gives it its charm and is also what takes away its charm. This is why it is good to build a rotation. As for steeping, for the most part it improves the flavor. But for some, it might not. Sounds like this might have been your issue with crackberry. Might have to vape that stuff quickly. Now and again you hear someone say they enjoy it fresh better than steeped. Perhaps keep it in the fridge to ...... the steeping next time.

nets?????? (sorry for all the "?", but it had to be at least 10 characters)

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
What Bronze means by volatile is that NETs can change from one extraction to the next. Unlike juice made from flavorings, with a recipe that is the same every time, different seasons, more rainfall, less rainfall, etc can affect the tobacco leaves causing the juice to taste a bit different from one extraction to the next.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Have any of you tried Sludge previously known alias of Smeagol?

You read my review of Sludge so you know where I stand. You might want to consider sampling all the HHV tobaccos Scand. You'll never know if you like them unless you try them. Do you want to know the 16 HHV tobaccos or do you already know them? All but five (I believe) are NETS.

scand

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2012
Newnan, GA
You read my review of Sludge so you know where I stand. You might want to consider sampling all the HHV tobaccos Scand. You'll never know if you like them unless you try them. Do you want to know the 16 HHV tobaccos or do you already know them? All but five (I believe) are NETS.

Not really, I mean if I need to know them for some odd reason I can just go to their site. I tasted Heavenly Army and Legend and thought they were disgusting. I really like the Huntsman and have no intentions to change from it, just wish it tasted like my first batch, which was amazing. The Sludge isn't offered in the sample pack so I got it 6ml and hope I like it. If not, it'll go on the shelf with Crackberry

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Not really, I mean if I need to know them for some odd reason I can just go to their site. I tasted Heavenly Army and Legend and thought they were disgusting. I really like the Huntsman and have no intentions to change from it, just wish it tasted like my first batch, which was amazing. The Sludge isn't offered in the sample pack so I got it 6ml and hope I like it. If not, it'll go on the shelf with Crackberry

Might want to give Dark Horse a try. It's very simialr to Huntsman but a little lighter. Some call it Diet Huntsman. And if you like a little grassy taste, try Pirate's Booty...though it is slightly sweet.

scand

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2012
Newnan, GA
Might want to give Dark Horse a try. It's very simialr to Huntsman but a little lighter. Some call it Diet Huntsman. And if you like a little grassy taste, try Pirate's Booty...though it is slightly sweet.

We ordered Pirate's Booty in our sampler pack. I'll definately try the Dark House...perhaps they'll let me try it when I go pick my order up...but I like Huntsman as is.

rotku

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
columbus, oh
I just received my sample pack. The Heavenly Tobacco is excellent. I also ordered Legend after reading all the glowing reviews. It tastes like a bag of "Swiss Miss, fat-free, sugar-free instant cocoa". All those people can't be wrong so I will let it steep another week and try again. I still have yet to try Shadow and Vanilla.

MrPicC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2012
Lone Star State

I call huntsman Diet darkhorse actually. Dark horse has more punch, and flare.
I also didn't think I liked gandalf but then again I've vaped about 35ml of it in a month so I think I don't know w T H I'm talking about...

yelibe

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
San Jose
No no no! I love to vape chocolate! It still remains my all time favorite. I do like to expand my horizons and try other things so I don't grow sick of it. I have yet to find anything better.

in other news-

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
Funny, I have heard people say they taste chocolate or cherry in Legend. But I have never tasted either of these flavors in Legend. It pretty much just tastes to me like my grandfather's pipe smelled. But, as already stated, not everyone will like what others like.
Btw, I tried blue berry muffin tonight. I didn't think I would like it, but it was really quite nice.

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Legend is one I prefer after a good (couple month) steep. I like Huntsman after the 48 caps off and continue to like it until the last drop is gone:laugh: Sludge is actually my favorite but it seems to be a love or hate juice. It's kind of sweet...rum raisin is what I get. This is another I like from the beginning to the last drop.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
I like Legend fresh and sweet. After too long a steep I don't like it. It has become my least favorite NET (next to sludge). I don't even care much for Shadow and HA any more. I don't know why. Dragon's Fire is wonderful for me. Sometimes we have to back off of flavors for a bit. Everything gets old if you don't rotate and experiment.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I like Legend fresh and sweet. After too long a steep I don't like it. It has become my least favorite NET (next to sludge). I don't even care much for Shadow and HA any more. I don't know why. Dragon's Fire is wonderful for me. Sometimes we have to back off of flavors for a bit. Everything gets old if you don't rotate and experiment.

Agree X. The only exception for me is DF. That is a must on a daily basis!

scand

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2012
Newnan, GA
I steep my Huntsman by shaking it good, taking the cap off for a few hours or a day, repeat.

I'm actually getting burnt out on vaping, so much so that I bought a can of dip last night. Afterall, I never was a smoker...just a dipper and the vape was supposed to help me stop. The vape makes me dry mouth and it's just not the same nictoine buzz/satisfaction I get from dipping.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

in other news-

I don't get chocolate at all either and still not sure whether I like it or not after vaping 30ml of it. So, I got two more 30ml bottles - one current Legend and one Original to see which, if either, I like better.

Loves me some Huntsman & Dark Horse. Don't remember what DF was like, but must have liked it as it's down to 15ml - less than any other juice I got in that order (all over 2 months steeped). Close contenders in that order are Jiggy and Georgia Peach with Vapin' Chimp bringing up the rear. But, I'll be getting back to it soon as these new bottles have been properly taste tested.

scand

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2012
Newnan, GA
OMG this Sludge is AMAZING! I taste no raisin at all, it's just GOOD slightly honey/nutty but no raisin. My g/f says it tastes like Christmas Pudding. I did talk with one of Heather's mixers yesterday when I picked my order up and told her that my last batch of Huntsman was kind of watery, nothing like my first. She said it very well could be from the diluting of the PG or VG (can't remember which) and that someone got too much water in it, and that she would talk with the others about it.

Back to Sludge, I just got my new Nebula battery and Clearos in the mail today and I filled it up with Sludge. It produced tons of vapor on the exhale, and when I filled it up with Dark Horse (which tastes okay, not as good as Huntsman) it didn't really produce as much on the exhale, went back to Sludge and bam! tons of vapor again. What would cause this? It's obviously not the equipment as the clearo and battery were the same. Still have Shadow to try, but I'm going to let it steep for a few more days. I'll go ahead and place an order for more Sludge...I'm currently on 8mg 70/30, I think I should up the nicotine though b/c I'm getting so dizzy from constantly inhaling the stuff lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread