Am i the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bones25

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
State of Texas
AM I THE ONLY ONE?

I do not have any mods....only the vapor king batts of all varieties, new and old and short, reg, XL both reg and auto.

The premiums burn hot for me.....they seem to last less than an hour on my batts, just sitting and chain vaping at night or driving with 5 sec inhale. The old regulars seem to last better, but had less flavor and vapor than the prems. I have some cool carts, but they are blanks that I haven't used much yet. All the above comments are regarding prefilled V4L cartos.

I know there is LR, HR, different volt and mah aspects going on here relating to carts and batts.

Is it possible that someone from V4L could let us know what the optimal cartomizer/batt pairing is so that we could get the best satisfying vape from the recommended usage.

When reading thru comments, some love premiums, but I will see their name on other forums with indications that they are using mods or attys with other products that optimize the premium usage and not using the V4L batts. Obviously different batts or diff. mods will make the premiums better vs. with V4L batts new vs. V4L batts old.

Someone please make this clear to us newbies. THIS IS FRUSTRATING for someone trying to quit smoking and not getting reliable results depending on carts/batteries used since they all look pretty much the same at V4L but perform differently!...and I'm not even including WOWs or cool carts yet!!!!! :(

Last edited:

jdvorr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2010
up nort, MN
Yeah, it can be a little overwhelming. I can tell you that people on this subforum will talk about their use of V4L products because that's what this subforum is for. People don't come on here touting other vendors products because it's just not good etiquette. I have ordered my 1st mod and am looking forward to a different experience. All the carts should work fine with all the V4L batteries. As far as the best carts for me, I have to go with the cool carts. They give all the flavor vapor and TH that the premiums do, without getting too hot. My only experience has been with V4l batteries and have settled on the newest XL's as my favorite. It seems a lot of people are happy with V4L and will use them solely and that's good. I just have to go try different stuff and see what's out there. I'll definitely use the cool carts, as I think they are the best available. But If I find better, I'll have to use them. It's about our personal journey thru this new vaping world and it's great to find a good company like V4L. It's also been great to find other good companies. I'm looking forward to seeing how the cool carts perform at higher voltages. I may not like it, but if I don't try, I'll never know. It's a big vaping world now. Go explore. Ask questions. Most of all, have fun and make friends! :)

JennyJo

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2010
Colorado
I'm pretty new at all of this too but I have to say that the cool carts are by far my favorite so far! They don't get hot at all and I pretty much chain vape while I'm at home. I have had some premiums get hot on me and some that worked just great! Right now I only have 3 of the regular vapor king manual batteries but I have an XL on the way. I thought that I had read somewhere that V4L is going to be replacing all of the premium cartos with cool carts...if I'm wrong hopefully someone from V4L can correct me! :)

FreeGT

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
St. louis, MO
Finding the perfect combination can be frustrating. As time goes on I will always try to find that "perfect vape" I might of once had one time, on a certain day........... Unfortunatly it's kind of like "chasing the dragon".

Every once in a while you get a great combination of batts/cartos/attys. If you try to repeat the combination again with another carto, atty, or battery but the experience may not be the same.

What I'm trying to say is vaping is not an exact science. Essentially we have a battery, a heated coil and a nicotine liquid solution. This is true for attys and cartos or penstyle batteries and mods alike.

There is always going to be a variance factor. Not every battery will be the same voltage, or behave the same. Even though the V4L batteries are 3.7v, sometimes a battery will only charge to 3.6v, or 3.5v for example, some may even charge slightly higher. Some batteries don't hold a charge as well.

There are variances in carto and atomizer coils. The length and thickness of the metal coil determines the electrical resistance. A cartomizer or atomizer will have a "ballpark" number in terms of resistance, but they will never be exactly the same. A higher resistance means your getting less heat to the coil, and less resistance means your getting more heat. The more you use a coil, the more carbon gets built up on the coil raising the resistance. That is why an atty/carto will have a drop in vapor production over time.

Not all liquids are the same as well. The batches of liquid are not EXACT by any means. Some companies tend to have more consistent batches of juice then others. (V4L tends to be pretty consistent in my experience with them BTW). A big mac should always taste like a big mac! Also if the liquid is exposed to heat, sunlight, oxygen, or is out of date the liquid will degrade.

I don't want to be flamed here but without regulation, or an advance well past our current vaping technology, there will not be a consistent vaping experience.

Another issue is personal preference. You really can't measure taste, throat hit, or vapor production. Our opinion of this will always vary from person to person as well

Now that being said, some combinations generally work better then others. It's all about finding that "ballpark" combination.

I used to search the forums and read every post about vaping. No matter how much information I read, I just needed to try it. I recommend asking what combinations are similar to what traits you are looking for in vaping (flavor, throat hit, vapor) or trying different combinations and seeing which one is right for you!

**This post is not scientific by any means, it is just MY opinion on MY experience with vaping. If am incorrect on any information, please let me know, as I do not claim to know any science facts or information. I only know my experience and my common sense**

FreeGT

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
St. louis, MO
What do you mean by "blowing away"? Now your right that a 5v device has more "power" then a 3.7v device. But it's all about resistance. If you use the same V4L cartomizer on both the 3.7v battery and on the 5v passthrough, you should more vapor and throat hit out of the 5v PT. Keep in mind that not all juices react the same at different voltages. Some juices taste great at 3.7, and burnt/harsh at 5v or higher. Not to mention throat hit on a carto is way stronger then throat hit off atomizers. 5v could be too much for someone.

I use non V4L products (atomizers) and use 3.7v and 7.4v only. To put it in perspective I use both ends of the spectrum. I use low resistance for 3.7v and high resistance for 7.4v vaping. My 3.7v low resistance atty will perform very close to any standard atty/cartomizer on a 5v device. I don't touch 5v or 6v. I use only non V4L products (atomizers). So this paragraph might be misleading to v4l users, I do apologize.

When I posted this I was talking more generally about all vaping products on a whole.

The vapor4life forum may not have been the best place to post this in. I was just trying to help everyone understand the factors that affect performance with vaping products on a whole. When you try products from other vendors, there is a larger variance in the factors I described. But understanding these fundamentals will help you understand why one carto/battery/PT combo might work better then another even with only V4L products....

With vapor4life their products are designed to where they will work great with a 3.7 battery, and give great vapor, flavor, ect. They are also not going to burn too hot with a 5v passthrough. V4L products are configured for the hardware they sell.

I do want to mention there is a special spot in my heart for V4L, they have great products. I have bought from every large ecig vendor out there, and NONE of the other guys have the customer service you will get at V4L!

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
An XL 3.7 Batt blowing away a 5v PT, now that I just cant believe nor can that be true

Absolutely it can be true. An easy example is my hairdryer here at home. A 12v battery feeding an inverter powering the hairdryer will "blow away" the same hairdryer plugged into the wall outlet.

This house was built in the late sixties. The wiring isn't capable of delivering a full 15+A to a commercial grade hair dryer. The battery can deliver 300A into that load, and the inverter is good for 30A.

When I turn on the hairdryer, the lights on that circuit dim and the motor on the dryer rapidly slows. The coil never gets as hot.

A PC was never designed to deliver nearly 2A from the USB2.0. It may not heat up enough to pop the breaker, just like my house, but the load can still be too great. A battery can frequently deliver (for short periods) a far greater current.

It's not always all about voltage, especially in a heater. Current often plays a pretty substantial role in this drama.

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
An XL 3.7 Batt blowing away a 5v PT, now that I just cant believe nor can that be true

I'll provide yet another reason why that could very well be true.

An old hand at reviewing PVs "Nick", for those who have been around for a while, has stated that there is no way he would use a low resistance carto on a 5v device and that it worked better on 3.7v.

The reasoning is really straightforward. a low resistance carto WILL run hotter than a non LR carto. For someone chain vaping the PT will likely burn the cartos much faster than a 3.7v device.

The Premium cartos are a lower resistance carto than the standard, or non premium cartos.

Addy had it right when she said she would stick with the original non premiums for the PT and reserve the premiums for the other batts. Solid reasoning. Would not expect less from Addy.

With that said, premiums work fine at higher voltages and on a PT so long as you treat them right.

Desertfremen

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
MI
I really agree with what's already been said.

I basically only use my batts. Maybe about once a month I'll plug the PT in for curiosity's sake but that's about it. I'm one who find the high voltage really seems to kill flavour. So trying any true HV devices is really nothing I'm interested in. When I do use the PT, I have noticed that I prefer the original cartos on them for the best flavour.

I use XL batts and I really like the new XLs. I currently have 3 new ones and 4 old ones in rotation. I prefer them with Premiums. I like the LR carts and don't have an issue with them getting hot. Yes I've noticed they don't last as long but I refill so that's not a consideration for me. The Coolcarts are still nice too, but I like the little extra punch from the Premiums.

In reality I still use mostly original carts because I still have a ton of them. While each combination may draw and vape a little differently from old vs. new equipement, none of them are bad combinations. Premium carts + new XL man = the best combination to me.

FreeGT

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
St. louis, MO
Another issue I did not mention would be how much air draw you recieve. Some cartos have different draws then others, some batteries have different air holes as well. So the same carto may not behave the same from battery to battery or passthrough.

Draw is a touchy thing. Too little of a draw (air flow) and your carto will get hotter from the lack of air flowing through it, and it will be harder to draw as much vapor in.

If the draw is too much, you can get more air then vapor. I prefer a easier draw, I think it helps "carry" the vapor better.

JustKryssi

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Dirty Jerz
I just went to six flags two days ago.. I brought my big mod with me, and I wish I still had my V4L batteries and my lanyard! I gave them to a friend who wanted to quit analogs. Carrying my current hardware with juice bottles was not fun while on roller coasters! A XL on a lanyard would of saved the day!

I have the regular size batts and the case. It's so tiny, it fits right into my pocket so I don't even have to carry a purse! Perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread