OMG and 808 tanks arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlock328

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
New Richmond
Just got my OMG and 808 tanks. The OMG with cool carts is awesome. Great vapor and the taste is better on the OMG. Didn't think 5v would make diiferene but it does. Haven't tried tanks yet. Also got some diamond stealths for the tanks. Been using other kr808 batts, but will try v4l batts and see if they're better; needed them any for the tanks anyway. Picked up all the usa juices also (7ml). Wife gave me hard time about all the money I spent...LOL. Can't wait to try the tanks on both the OMG and stealths.

harlock328

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
New Richmond
Tried the tanks last night on both the OMG and stealth. After watching snowdragon's video, didn't have issue filling or priming the 808 tank but the one the came with the OMG is 510 and can't really get a good dry hit on it. Instead I filled the tank, dripped about 10 drops and late it sit for about 5 minutes; allowing the filling to saturate and dripped a few more drops. Worked perfect. Not sure about 1.5 Ohms on the 5v, I didn't like the taste as much as with the stealth. Ordered some DTC 2 and 2.5 ohm tank carts that fit the OMG to try.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Glad to hear it harlock I hope you really enjoyed the performance from your Stealth battery. At 4.2v - 3.7v with a 1.5 DVCT the flavor, TH, and vapor production are top notch.

As well you are spot-on-target getting some 2.0, 2.5 Ohm DCC which will use less power and are much better suited in preventing juices from scorching.

At 5.3v with 1.5ohm DC you are going to scorch a lot of juices, there is just no way around that.

Happy the video got you started with no problems.

Last edited:

harlock328

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
New Richmond
Hmm.... I must be doing Something wrong; the intial filling and vaping the tase was great on the tank. But after awhile (not ver long) the taste isnt there; not burnt but weak. I know the filling holes are working because i see bubbles come out of them when I vape. if I remove. the drip tip the filler is white. If I drip some more juice, the flavor is back. I'm taking slow even draw using the stealth batt. Tried 2ohm single coil and still same.

harlock328

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
New Richmond
Morandir835
tried several, apple bandit, wowboy, bandit berry. All seem to lose flavor very quickly. Vapor is there just not flavor. Tried them on OMG, same result but loses flavor even quicker; excep bandit OMG burned juice even t 2ohm on first few vapes. No burnt on stealth. Found out what burnt juice taste like...Yuck. The juice is being wiked because I see the bubbles and the juice level goes down after vaping for awhile. Hopefully I'm explaining my issue correctly

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I think you are doing a fine job of explaining what you are going through. As well I don't think you are doing any thing per se. You are discovering and defining your likes and dislikes when it comes to to liking warmer or cooler vaping.

The biggest issue many folks have to warm vaping (like using low resistance cartos 2.5 or lower with a 5v device) is that flavors get muted by the heat. This becomes a little more evident since the juices seem to vape well on your Stealth Battery.

If indeed you are using a 2.0 ohm cartomizer here are the differences:

Stealth....4.2v.....2.0 Carto = 8.82w
OMG....... 5.2v.....2.0 SVCT Carto = 13.52w (Still too hot at 5.2v)
OMG....... 5.2v.....3.3 Cool Carto = 8.19w
OMG....... 5.2v.....3.0 SVCT Carto = 9.01w

As I noted in my video, I would stay around 3.0 ohms when using the OMG to avoid what you are experiencing.

OMG........5.2v.....2.5 DCT = 10.81w (These should work much better for you)
OMG........5.2v.....3.0 DCT = 9.01w ( " " " )
(...V4L does not sell these, but these are readily available from other vendors)

Generally speaking the sweet spot expressed in wattage is between 8-11w. Some folks like a cooler vape and tend to enjoy 8-9w while others enjoy a warmer vape around 11-12w.

The filler on top being dry is normal, the atomizer coils are located on the bottom of the cartomizer and the polyfill remain saturated to the same level as the juice in the tank.

Hope this helps.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread