Am I the only person who dislikes Hangsen juices? They all taste WEIRD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegan1110

Aug 8, 2013
Leeds UK
A while ago I tried some Hangsen juices (Cappuccino, Cheesecake, Root-beer, gingerbread and candy-floss) and each one had a distinct "odd", almost burnt, taste - needless to say they all got wasted.

Recently a friend gave me an almost FULL 30ml bottle of Hangsen Raspberry juice, and again that distinct flavour is present.

Can anyone identify this "strange" taste that seems to accompany all hangsen liquids? How would you describe the taste (i cant describe it!) and where does the taste come from? Is it intentional by the manufacturer, or just an unfortunate by-product or result of their manufacturing process?

Its totally put me off ALL hangsen juices and as a result I am HIGHLY unlikely to order any hangsen juices ever again!

(on a more positive note, No-Match have a store near me, and although pricey they do have some really nice juices - I heartily recommend their Lime!)

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Yep, Hangsen and Dekang are cheap, mass-produced Chinese e liquids. Many vapers think they have a chemically taste. Some are okay with that, some are not. I don't mind Hangsen every so often, but I definitely don't prefer it. DK has generally been terrible for me. I'd say its some kind of preservative or byproduct of their mixing process, but I am not sure. Perhaps this flavor appeals to the Chinese more than other cultures? Hard to say.

If you don't like them, stop vaping them and buy other juice.

Last edited:

Tegan1110

Aug 8, 2013
Leeds UK
If you don't like them, stop vaping them and buy other juice.

Precisely what I intend on doing! I have had a reasonable experience with Dekangs, about 70% of the flavours I have tried from them have been fairly faithful, about 10% have had too intense a flavour (vanilla - yuk!) and the reamining 20% had a funny taste (but NOTHING like hangsens funny taste).

It wasnt a complaint from me re: Hangsens weird taste, I was just putting it out there, saying that I have experienced the taste and would like to identify it (which you have helped with - perhaps a preservative?). They are surprisingly popular juices and I thought that they MIGHT have intentionally added the taste to their mix as it seems to please a LOT of people. - Especially when some companies use "We sell Hangsen juices" as a marketing thing and state this like its a deal-breaker for some!

Last edited:

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I actually love Hangsen flavors. I use the flavoring to diy my own eliquids. However, I do order liquids from Catapillar vapes here in the states. They have authentic Hangsen. ... I love the Ry6.

I don't know what fake Hangsen would be, but it's made in China. I guess you could call it "Authentic Chinese Hangsen". :)

If you buy Hangsen here in the US it will cost you about $7.19 + $2.99 shipping = $10.18 for a 30ml bottle of juice.

Now, if you order it directly from China (where it's made), it will cost you $3.99 with free shipping to the US for a 30ml bottle

Here is a link to one of the Hangsen juices ... there are many many more is you search this link for "Hangsen Oil"
Hangsen Marlboro USA Mix Flavor Electronic Cigarette Tobacco Tar Oil 10ml 30ml 5 - US$2.59

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I don't know what fake Hangsen would be, but it's made in China. I guess you could call it "Authentic Chinese Hangsen". :)

If you buy Hangsen here in the US it will cost you about $7.19 + $2.99 shipping = $10.18 for a 30ml bottle of juice.

Now, if you order it directly from China (where it's made), it will cost you $3.99 with free shipping to the US for a 30ml bottle Some vendors pawn off who knows what as Hangsen. If you ever go to Hangsen site they describe it.
Here is a link to one of the Hangsen juices ... there are many many more is you search this link for "Hangsen Oil"
Hangsen Marlboro USA Mix Flavor Electronic Cigarette Tobacco Tar Oil 10ml 30ml 5 - US$2.59
Some vendors pawn off who knows what as Hangsen. If you ever go to Hangsen site they describe it. LOL I don't buy alot of premix flavors. I mix my own from Hangsen flavorings. RTS and ecigexpress has plenty of flavorings here in the U.S. to keep me busy.

Tealady12

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
St Paul, MN
I got a bunch of samples from a US vendor that has Hangsen and the their own brand. It was my first online order, I got like 35 sample bottles and none of the stuff is vapable. I was really new to vamping, it is still sitting over in a box. I tried, I really really tried to like it, nope, made me gag.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Hangsen is well liked by many. They are known for their many tobacco variations. Asian eliquid by nature is more subtle than American made which is always (IMO) heavy in flavor, too strong (many times) and has a lingering after-taste. There must be a ton of people who like their eliquid because they and DeKang are the two largest eliquid makers in the world.

In fact there is a huge thread here on ECF dedicated to Hangsen eliquid. I think it is WEIRD when someone starts a thread about not liking a particular eliquid considering how subjective taste is to begin with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread