Status
Not open for further replies.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
After at least 100 flavors, shouldn't I have found more flavors I like?! Most are either too perfumey, too strong, or too weak... it seems so rare for an ejuice to be JUST RIGHT... AHHHHHHH

So tell me, is SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME?!?!

First off, have you discovered your preferred mix ratio of VG/PG? Most store bought juice comes at high PG as default, a few are at 50/50 mix. The reason I ask is, until one finds that out, makes finding enjoyable flavors much harder. I found high PG too harsh. My preferred blend is 70-80% VG. Much smoother vape. Then one quickly discovers that the same flavor juice flavor can very drastically from one vendor to another.

I quickly tired playing the roulette juice game and turned to DIY juice. Now I control the VG, I control the flavor %, I control the nic level. Have developed four ADV recipes that are always in stock, and working on at least 4 more. Which reminds me, need to mix up some Huckleberry Hound Dog, new recipe I thought of for my new rba.

One of the most frustrating part of vape is fining the juice one prefers. I was all over the board till finding what worked best for me. Good luck with the juice.

Vape long and Prosper!!!

Bernard Marx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
attic
Hey, don't feel sorry for me! Sure my taste-buds are gone and after teaching HS Band for 30 years I can't hear anything above an octave over middle C, but I can still see some things if I wear my glasses and once in a while when I step out of bed I don't have to grab onto the nightstand to keep my arthritic leg from giving out. Having a flavorless vape with my cranky in-laws without everyone shouting at me is pretty darn good.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
ELiquid Samples has 1 ml samples from a few different vendors. Just enough to put in a tank to see if you like it. We also like Mt. Baker Vapor - some flavors are good out of the mailbox, others need to steep. They make it fresh when you order. Vapor Bomb also makes the juice when you order it. Again, some flavors taste better after steeping, quite a few we got from them were good out of the mailbox. The Vapor Room also has a few flavors that we like, but most of what we have tried from them need to be steeped. Good luck in your quest.

I find 1 ml isn't enough to really figure out whether I like it or not. I have to have at least 5 to 10. One tank straight from the mail. Then a couple of small tanks starting a week or so later and depending on what it's like maybe another week. Even after speed steeping something I sometimes end up letting it sit and mature.

Pastor Disaster

Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Chicago, IL, USA
The vape shop I go to has free samples of every juice on its shelves, so it's not that 6mg nicotine is too much but it's that I try like 30 in a row trying to find one that I really like, and get a head rush from vaping too much!

OK...I get it. I can surely see that. Guess I'm lucky, I've got 4 B&M's within 5 miles of me and their samples are all 0mg nic.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Flavor/Schmavor. Except for you Fanatical Forum Flavor Fans I think there is a sizable cadre of ordinary folk following this discussion who may feel uncomfortable responding but who are of the same mindset as I am – flavor is nice, but incidental and fleeting.
I don't recall cigarettes as being hugely satisfying in the flavor category, so why do our vapes have to pretend to be so. Surely it's enough for them to be mildly pleasant to win our favor compared to the frequently hideous stinkarettes. " It just doesn't taste like a real Banana Daiquiri" – big deal, who said it should. It should taste sort of like a regular, calming smoke. I think you are opening the door to disappointment otherwise.

Thanks for posting this. I am among those ordinary folks who feel the same way you do. I was thinking about this a lot after I read this thread yesterday.

I am being successful at vaping and not smoking, for a little over three months now. Hooray for me. That said, all I wanted when I started on this adventure was to quit smoking, hopefully as painlessly as possible. I am fortunate. That has happened, and I am grateful.

Vaping is a very pleasant alternative to smoking, but it is not the focus of my daily life. There are lots of other things that engage my interest and my time. As you said, cigarettes were not really "hugely satisfying in the flavor category". But I don't remember trying tons of different brands to find just the elusive perfect flavor. I smoked because I was addicted to smoking, and my body needed what I had become addicted to.

I've found several juices that are quite pleasant, vaguely remind me of what they are named, and are inexpensive and quick to ship. Call me a happy, contented vaper.:)

darksparkle13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
kansas city, mo
I have been vaping for over a month now. Quit smoking completely ever since my first vape on March 14, 2014. (My boss was kind enough to let me borrow his extra vaping device until I got my first paycheck and got my own, an Innokin iTaste SVD Starter Kit. Hated the iclear 30 and now have a KangerTech Protank 3 which I really like, no leaking, no eating ejuice, and VERY RARELY a tiny bit of flooding, like 0.05% of the time)

I have sat down at my local vape shop at least 3 times now trying different juices until I am literally head rushed from their 6mg nicotine flavors.

I have probably tried 100-200 flavors as of this post, but have only found 2, yes, TWO go to flavors that I can vape constantly and actually like.

A lot of times I THINK I found a new flavor till I get home and vape it for a half hour then realize it's not as good as I thought it was.

The two flavors I really like are..... drum roll please......

Banana Strawberry by Sweet Southern Vapes and Pink Starburst by eLiqCube.

After at least 100 flavors, shouldn't I have found more flavors I like?! Most are either too perfumey, too strong, or too weak... it seems so rare for an eJuice to be JUST RIGHT... AHHHHHHH

So tell me, is SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME?!?!

Ok first off let me just say welcome to my world!! I started vaping in december and I have maybe three go to juices... and trust me I am flavor seeker for sure!
I have gone to the vape store and tried and liked a few and get a small deal and bring it home a few days later I dont want anything to do with it...

So not sure if anyone else has asked but what is your PG/VG ratio that you like? have you tried adding one of the other to the juice you already have? One of my morning vapes it two pre mixed liquids & i add a quarter of plain VG to it. it is perfect for me. I have been vaping this mix in the am pretty much since I started! Also I have gotten so many samples, sometimes I play with mixing those to see if I can get the right flavor out of that. i have three or four that I like. and use once or twice a day....

after my first time to the flavor testing I realized that I needed to have a bottle of water when I got... and I have a coffee juice ready to clean my pallet.

i still try new juice and always try to be open. even have tried some that I know I wont like black licorice YUCK! but gotta try!
Good luck on your flavor journey!

MikeChino

Apr 14, 2014
United States
Hi Everyone, I was a smoker for 35 years, and op i quit on the same day as you :toast: For me i enjoyed smoking, so when i quit i went straight to the tobacco flavors, and so far the best and what im using as a ADV is Halo torque 56 and longhorn both in 12mg. I tried the fruity flavors, and i tried one that was a fruit punch that i really liked for the first 5 puffs, but then i couldn't get that dam taste out, everything i vaped after had that taste, i know i will grow to love other flavors, but for now my goal is to just stay off the cigs. good luck finding what works for you. :)

Noddy1

Aug 30, 2012
DC
Well I've been vaping about 18 months or so and been through a lot of juices, and most of them are awful. There are a couple of decent ones, but not too many. On the "perfumey" thing, I found the trick there is to avoid juices that use TPA, which is essentially perfume as far as I can tell, and a common ingredient. I have found a few vendors that don't use it though and it does help.

I find that when you go to a store and sample something it can seem ok, but once you take it home and vape it for real it seems lousy, so I agree with you there. At this point I find myself just throwing 3 or 4 different liquids into a tank and seeing what happens. Sometimes I end up with something good but I don't know what it is. Good luck!

First and foremost congrats on quitting smoking! I quit 3/1 of this year and havent looked back. My current go to flavors are caramel and coffee and sometimes a mix of them. Have been looking at the local B&M shops where you can taste test through a lot but am seriously considering getting some unflavored premix nic juice and flavor concentrates and going at it myself. Am also about convinced to start rebuilding my atomizers (kanger) as I think I can probably save money doing it. Looking to get better flavor and less cost down the road. Am also about to purchase an Aerotank. LOL. Best of luck. Yeah new to vaping but learning quick. LOL

darksparkle13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
kansas city, mo
I have missed answering this question at least twice now.

I seem to like 70% VG / 30% PG and 80/20 the most.
With that have you tried straight up 100%vg liquid? You may have a reaction to the pg... Some people are allergic to the pg.
Also I understand you are at 6mg nic? Have you tried vaping rabbit? Space jam? Those two for me are winners!

RAAng

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
PA
ar
Flavor/Schmavor. I don't recall cigarettes as being hugely satisfying in the flavor category, so why do our vapes have to pretend to be so. Surely it's enough for them to be mildly pleasant to win our favor compared to the frequently hideous stinkarettes. " It just doesn't taste like a real Banana Daiquiri" – big deal, who said it should. It should taste sort of like a regular, calming smoke. I think you are opening the door to disappointment otherwise.

I've been doing this about a month and have found that lowering my expectations has greatly increased my enjoyment of many e-juices. Unfortunately, the first vape I took, Vapor Chef Frosty Strawberry, damn near knocked my socks off. I got the impression from that I had to find other juices that packed that wallop. Might happen, might not, but it hasn't so far. In the mean time, I've decided to enjoy some juice and stop chasing that first vape. When you look at it realistically, most of what you get from decent vendors is going taste better than that pack of Marlboro Light Menthols that's been sitting in a hot car all afternoon I used to smoke, so what's my problem?

balwin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado, United States
March 14, 2013 is the day I quit. Must be a good day for it...

After over a year of vaping I have found I like the Alice in Vapeland flavors quite well. I don't have an ADV, in fact I don't know of many that do. If you like fruit, I vape April Moon (blueberry/apricot) and orange makes me creamsicle pretty much every day. I also like their 15 foot falls which is a NET (naturally extracted tobacco) and tastes like a toasted marshmallow. AiV is only open for orders on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning though...

Good luck with your search. Some juice is just vapable, some is pretty good, some will be perfect for you. Unfortunately, we all have our own tastes so we end up trying til we find the right one for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread