Am I using the right strength liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shauny1

Feb 24, 2014
Hull, UK
Hi, I've been vaping for nearly two months now and I used to smoke between 15 and 20 cigs a day. From starting vaping I have always used 18mg liquid (as by the suggestion of the vendor). I usually go through 1-2.5ml max a day.
The thing is by starting vaping I don't want to increase my nicotine dependancy more than it already is, by doing what I'm doing at the moment will I be?

I haven't really worries before this but I've read a few posts with PAD smokers saying they've been using 12mg, 6mg and even 3mg, so if 18mg too high for me?

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Hi, I've been vaping for nearly two months now and I used to smoke between 15 and 20 cigs a day. From starting vaping I have always used 18mg liquid (as by the suggestion of the vendor). I usually go through 1-2.5ml max a day.
The thing is by starting vaping I don't want to increase my nicotine dependancy more than it already is, by doing what I'm doing at the moment will I be?

I haven't really worries before this but I've read a few posts with PAD smokers saying they've been using 12mg, 6mg and even 3mg, so if 18mg too high for me?
I smoked ULTRA LIGHTs and started at 6mg.

LIGHTs smokers often start at 9-12mg

So if you smoked regular full flavor cigs and are having no signs of overniccing then I would say 18mg is ok

If you are getting shaky, headaches, nausea etc? Then it is too high

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
If it takes away any nicotine cravings and you don't get any negative effects that could indicate using too much nicotine (headaches, nausea, jitteriness, rapid pulse, or insomnia are common), then you are at the right nicotine level.

And if it does turn out that you are actually absorbing more nicotine through vaping than you did while smoking, it isn't a big deal. Nicotine itself is pretty benign, and it is very easy for most people to reduce the strength of the liquid they vape should they choose (certainly much easier than stopping or even reducing cigarette consumption).

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
I started at 24, but quickly went down to 12 because I couldn't vape as much as I wanted without getting unpleasant symptoms.

I initially kept some bottles of 24 to vape when at work, or in other situations where I had to restrict my vaping, but found myself using 12 in those situations as well. So now everything is 12 mg for me.

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
I smoked ULTRA LIGHTs and started at 6mg.

LIGHTs smokers often start at 9-12mg

So if you smoked regular full flavor cigs and are having no signs of overniccing then I would say 18mg is ok

This is a general misconception about cigarettes. Ultra Lights and Full Flavor have the same amount of nasties in them. The cig makers just use a milder tasting tobacco in them to reduce the throat hit, nothing to do with the amount of nic or their addicting capabilities. That's why the Gov't made the tobacco company quit labeling them as Light or Ultra Lights.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I smoked full-flavor menthols, about a pack to a pack and a half per day before I started vaping.

I started with 24mg e-liquid, and after maybe 5 months began putting 18mg e-liquid into rotation. I've noticed that I vape a little more with the 18mg.

If you listen to your body, it will tell you when you've had too much nicotine. When I started vaping, I went a little nuts and could easily make myself nic-sick with chain vaping.

Tealady12

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
St Paul, MN
Are you still smoking cigs? If you have stopped cigs, wonderful, the 18mg did its job. Get a bottle of 12mg and rotate it into your day, see if you are ready to drop down. Have the 18mg on hand if needed. The 18mg will not hurt you, but if dropping the strength down makes you want to smoke cigs again, then stay at the 18mg until you are ready. 18, 12, 8 or 6 does not matter as much as you get satisfied enough to stay off cigs.

I'm at 18mg and wouldn't mind going down in strength soon but will it give me the same hit as before or make me need more puffs to get the nicotine I want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always seem to vape a little more at first, I get used to it and start to vape less on the lower mg. The throat hit has always been pretty consistent for me, and I've gone from 18mg to 26mg, back to 18mg, then 16mg, and I'm now on 12mg with no major difference.

I have 2 set ups at the minute that I use on a daily basis. I have an MVP 2.0 with iclear 30s tank and an Ego-T 1100 MaH battery with an Evod Kanger clearomiser.
My MVP only came in the post yesterday and started vaping that without changing any settings on it and it suits me as it is until I start to have a play around with everything on it

shauny1

Feb 24, 2014
Hull, UK
Yeah there's no problem with it hitting the spot, it's completely ceased my cravings for cigs.
Even when I drink aswell now. At first I still ended up smoking cigs when drunk; on Friday I got drunk, bought some cigs, had one, hated it and the rest are now packed away in my draw haha.

Ah ok well it's good to know it's easier to cut down nic in your vapour than it is cutting down cigs, I just didn't want to end up more addicted than I was with cigs.
Still think I'll try 12 see if that still does the job

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
This is a general misconception about cigarettes. Ultra Lights and Full Flavor have the same amount of nasties in them. The cig makers just use a milder tasting tobacco in them to reduce the throat hit, nothing to do with the amount of nic or their addicting capabilities. That's why the Gov't made the tobacco company quit labeling them as Light or Ultra Lights.

That might be true but I am looking at what I see here with recent switchers. Most of the folks that smoked ULTRA LIGHTs get real over nic symptoms when they go over 6 mg. I do not think we were getting as much nic weather or not we were getting the other nasties. It is not scientific it is pure observation on my part.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

A lot of those people are using high voltage/wattage, LR coils/clearos/carts. They're getting more nicotine. Additionally, some of the people vaping 3 mg. are vaping 10 ml of liquid a day.

You need what you need to get off cigarettes. I know long time smokers that needed 30+ for the first few weeks to get off cigarettes completely. There's no real correlation between what you smoked and what you should vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread