Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I bought quarts of PG and VG off of Amazon based on some reviews I found that said Essential Depot had good quality for vaping, and the price is oh so nice. Well, I received the Essential Depot VG, which I taste tested, both straight on the tongue and vaping. It has a nice consistency and sweetness, so I am happy with it.
The problem is with the PG. Like I said, I ordered the Essential Depot brand, but instead, I received Froggy's Fog brand. I did a taste test with it, and although it vapes just fine and has no off flavor, when I put it on my tongue, it has a bitter/sour twang to it. Is that what PG should taste like on the tongue?
Should I chuck the bottle and just grab some PG from a trusted DIY vendor, or should I just keep using this stuff? Like I said, it vapes just fine, and I have already made a couple of juices with it that taste fine. Also, the reviews on Amazon are full of people who use it for making DIY juices, and they all seem happy with it. Well, except for one.
Just for reference, here is what I ordered - Propylene Glycol 1 Quart: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
And this is what I received - Amazon.com: Propylene Glycol - Food Grade USP - 1 Quart (32 Oz.): Health & Personal Care
Thanks for any help and advice. :)

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
OMG - you used your real name in an Amazon review! :shock:

As long as they are standing behind it as being USP food grade I don't see a problem. PG having a slightly bitter taste is not uncommon. (You did read the review by the veterinarian - you aren't alone. lol) As we all know what a liquid tastes or smells like can be very different from what it vapes like. If you aren't picking up "bitter" in the vape you're fine.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
OMG - you used your real name in an Amazon review! :shock:

As long as they are standing behind it as being USP food grade I don't see a problem. PG having a slightly bitter taste is not uncommon. (You did read the review by the veterinarian - you aren't alone. lol) As we all know what a liquid tastes or smells like can be very different from what it vapes like. If you aren't picking up "bitter" in the vape you're fine.

I have been meaning to change my Amazon nom de plume - done and done. Thanks for reminding me.

OK so PG typically has that bitter twang. Good to know.

Yup, the stuff vapes just fine and it hasn't thrown any flavors off that I can notice.

I had the Exact same thing happen to me..... Literally same listings... I have liter of the same stuff sitting right here on my desk.

IDK...I'm kinda scared of the stuff. BUT It seem ok..test batches have been alright but some how coming from a clown store makes it less ok.... 0o

My thought exactly. I just don't trust the stuff.

The thread where I found the recommendation for the ED brand actually also had a note about buying the Froggy's Fog brand VG, and that it had thrown off the flavor of 200ml of juices that they had used it to mix with. Not a good sign.

If Amazon sent the wrong thing and you ordered the ED version, get in touch with customer support and they should make it right. They may or may not ask you to sent it back, but that'll ensure you get what you actually ordered.

Already tried that. They said this item is return/refund only. I am not paying to ship it back to them so they can refund me $12. Not worth the effort or expense.

Last edited:

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Pg isnt the best tase directly which one exactly? some on the site are listed as being made with food grade ingredients. Froggys Fog Fog Machine Fluids

OK So it isn't supposed to taste good, then. :)

This is the one they sent to me - http://www.amazon.com/Propylene-Gly...sr=8-2&keywords=Propylene+Glycol&tag=e04ed-20

I think that I will grab a bottle of PG from RTS, and if that tastes the same as this Froggy's brand, then I will use them both. Otherwise, this stuff gets shipped to my local airport for de-icing planes.

after checking the site I can see some custom vapor juices. i want some "bog fog" ry4 lol

Gotta get me some of that Swamp Juice. Nom nom nom!

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
They do say it is food grade, so that's not my concern. But if you and 'Rose are worried about how it's gonna impact your DIY why not make up some unflavored batches in your usual nic level, age them as you would any other of your DIY stuff, and see if any "off" taste comes out of the unflavored mixes? I really doubt it will carry over into your vape but go unflavored to test.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I've seen Froggy's Fog brand mentioned from time to time and the comments have always been good. But if you are unhappy with it return it. Amazon is good as far as returns where a mistake has been made. They will even pay postage back if amazon was the one that shipped it.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I'd send it back and demand the E.D.

Already opened it. :facepalm:

This is an excellent example of why I stick to known reputable vendors, I've wasted enough money the first couple of years getting screwed by "great deals".

Although it pretty much worked out OK for me this time, it is still a lesson learned in my book. I am definitely going with known and trusted vendors from now on when it comes to my DIY. It's not worth the hassle for $5 in savings.

I've seen Froggy's Fog brand mentioned from time to time and the comments have always been good. But if you are unhappy with it return it. Amazon is good as far as returns where a mistake has been made. They will even pay postage back if amazon was the one that shipped it.

Cool! Glad to hear that others have had good experience with this brand. That was my biggest worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread