Amber glass bottle supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
Feeling stupid to post this, I searches the forum and Google, so I was kits gonna pick up a dozen on Amazon but see the reviews are terrible for broken lids, lids leak, phenolic but som bad reviews for glass bottle outlet.

Does anyone have experience with a tested glass bottle supplier? Be nice to put it in good borosilicate, thick bottles with good lids. Sounds scary for the cold to further weaken plastic lids... Feel rediculous to spend over an hour googling and get nowhere and even this level of detail for bottles... Please and thank you

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Feeling stupid to post this, I searches the forum and Google, so I was kits gonna pick up a dozen on Amazon but see the reviews are terrible for broken lids, lids leak, phenolic but som bad reviews for glass bottle outlet.

Does anyone have experience with a tested glass bottle supplier? Be nice to put it in good borosilicate, thick bottles with good lids. Sounds scary for the cold to further weaken plastic lids... Feel rediculous to spend over an hour googling and get nowhere and even this level of detail for bottles... Please and thank you

I found this place late last year and am very happy with the prices and quality. I think they are more geared to commercial sales, but I had no problem buying 12 amber glass boston rounds and dripper caps. Fwiw, I prefer glass bottles for my juice so I've used a bunch from juice sites. The ones I bought have a much better cap and gasket. They were 60ml and the company offers a variety of closures so I didn't have to buy the childproof type that always causes probems sooner or later.

They are not lightning quick on order fulfillment - seems like it took 3 or 4 business days - but the bottles were packed well and arrived in great shape. They use ounces for sizing their bottles. I had to look it up the conversion and the 2 ounce is 60 ml so you can use that to gauge the size you need.

Glass Bottle Distributor | Packaging Options Direct

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

I have had no problem with GlassBottleOutlet on Amazon. They are the cheapest I have found and none of my bottles ever came broke. But it doesn't matter if they do becuase Amazon will make it right if any of the bottles do come broke. You just file and A to Z claim and it will be taken care of.

GBO on Amazon (free shipping with $25+ order):

2 oz - 24-pack with caps polycone caps
    https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Amber-Boston-Round-Black/dp/B08T1GSYW9

4 oz - 24-pack with caps polycone caps
    https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Amber-Boston-Round-Black/dp/B08FTJ3R36

8oz - 12-pack with polycone caps
    https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Amber-Boston-Round-Black/dp/B01N2WC5HP

16oz - 12-pack with polycone caps
    https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Amber-Boston-Round-Black/dp/B01N9K1GO1

• Agree
    Reactions: Coldrake

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Be nice to put it in good borosilicate, thick bottles with good lids.

If you do find bottle like that, prepare to pay more for the bottles than you did for your nic base.

Many people here use the bottles from GBO linked to above. No issues. There are other suppliers with similar or even cheaper prices, but the shipping is usually sky high.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @Ericsgreen - If you don't want to spend $25 or more, in order to get Free S/H on Amazon...you can buy the Amber Glass Bottles in 12 packs and 24 packs on GlassBottleOutlet.com....their own website. They have deals on the various sizes of the bottles, which include the polycone caps for them...with FREE Shipping within the lower 48 states! Prices range from $16.99 and up for the 12packs. They also have 24packs with Free S/H, too.

4 oz. Amber Boston Round with Black Cone Lined Cap (22/400) (V5) (V3) - $16.99 with Free Shipping for a 12/pack

8 oz. Amber Boston Round with Black Poly Cone Cap (28/400) (V5) (V5) - $19.99 with Free Shipping for a 12/pack

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: Coldrake

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
    Mar 20, 2021
    Thnx fellows, gbo has quite few reviews of caps breaking and spilling contents, looks like low pressure kombuka whatever, tons of great reviews too but... I was all set to order and saw those and got little worried that they'd crack a year from now and I'd lose the nic and not know. idk just figured I'd ask before I jumped, it's pretty important, long term storage for something gonna be bit harder to get, thanks again for any other reviews or referrals for the storage bottles!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    You can always opt for something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Chefs-Star-CASE-12-16-Bottles/dp/B00YB6HPU2/ref=asc_df_B00YB6D84Y/

81snDVnCXyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

I've bought a Lot of Bottles over the years from Glass Bottle Outlet and also from Heartland Vapes. Both have been Good Quality/Shipping and reasonably Priced.

Just a Note on Glass Bottle Outlet...

The sell on Amazon, eBay and also directly from their Website. If you decide to go with them, be sure to check and see what the Pricing is at all 3 sites. Because it can vary.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have all 3 GBO bottle prices from Amazon, Ebay and their own site listed on my nic base blog post https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/ubs/list-of-usa-based-nicotine-base-vendors.17/

Prices were accurate as of last week. The price difference isn't that great among the three places. Shipping is what kills any deals for something like glass bottles, which are relatively heavy and bulky. I recommend Amazon to people personally, because I know they have stellar customer protection. You get a broken bottle, you will get recourse. And especially since they are shipped by Amazon. They put all the burden on the seller and themselves. To get the free shipping if you are only going to buy one case that's under $25, Amazon has just about anything and everything. I'm sure you can find something that you know you will use in order to get to $25 for free shipping.

But in the end you have to make your own decision, which is why I included links to all 3 sites.

GBO, regardless of the site you buy on, seems to be the most affordable place to buy these bottles and that's why I only included links to them. You can shop around, but once you see shipping prices, you'll go back to GBO, most likely.

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: zoiDman

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
    Mar 20, 2021
    Sure appreciate all the thought, guys! What really helped is when my hiliq order came in yesterday, looks great, a bit concerning its literally all labeled essential oil, forged paperwork and all, like it'd get through any customs anywhere unless they actually tested the liquid, maybe I'm just used to us nic base... Looks great, no smell, too notch, but only ever had nic and salt from nicotine river.

This one looks good, too good, having worked with Boro glass it sure is tough compared to soda lime glass, hard to believe, but only 9 reviews. I found one other that looks like lab glass, green plastic caps but almost sold out

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E35VZBG/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A351OZYBPHCS52&psc=1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210326-174132_Brave.jpg
      Screenshot_20210326-174132_Brave.jpg
      660.8 KB · Views: 7

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Sure appreciate all the thought, guys! What really helped is when my hiliq order came in yesterday, looks great, a bit concerning its literally all labeled essential oil, forged paperwork and all, like it'd get through any customs anywhere unless they actually tested the liquid, maybe I'm just used to us nic base... Looks great, no smell, too notch, but only ever had nic and salt from nicotine river.

This one looks good, too good, having worked with Boro glass it sure is tough compared to soda lime glass, hard to believe, but only 9 reviews. I found one other that looks like lab glass, green plastic caps but almost sold out

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E35VZBG/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A351OZYBPHCS52&psc=1

I dunno about the Seller review?

26% Negative & Neutral in the Last 30 Days is Pretty Bad.

• Agree
    Reactions: JCinFLA

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @Ericsgreen - I've been buying glass bottles with polycone caps from GBO since 2015. I started posting about deals from them, links to their bottles and caps, price comparisons to other vendors, etc. on ECF...as soon as I got mine and saw what great quality they were. When I've taught people how to DIY, choose and order their nic base, etc. they've also gotten their bottles and polycone caps from GBO. None of them, nor me...have had a polycone cap that has cracked, split, fallen apart, etc. Of course, there is such a thing as cranking down on any plastic cap too hard and causing it to break...which is what some of the people may have done in the Reviews that you read.

But, as with any purchase, it's a personal choice as to where you choose to buy something.

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
    Mar 20, 2021
    In all these years I've never checked a seller review, just the product... Man... Thanks for pointing out, serious doubt those are borosilicate glass.

Well that sounds pretty solid jcin, we have prime so I went ahead to try gbo. I expect I'm overthinking it.

Getting other sources of nicotine seem like a good solution, someone posted about a company in NC that'll do in person pickup, I'm sure the tobacco states have plenty of places, worst case

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    • Agree
    Reactions: iowajosh

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2013
    Midwest, USA
    Just throwing my experience in there. I bought the 24-pack of Boston Rounds from GBO on Amazon and received them last week, nothing was broken. They were incredibly well packaged, custom styrofoam inserts to keep them all separated and each individually wrapped in plastic baggies. Got some labels, a white marker, and two funnels as well. Quality seems really good, especially for the price. Good threading and the seals were nice and tight.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread