Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I think everyone saw that. I very much doubt anyone over at Amerivapes is an engineer. Perhaps a sanitation engineer but not a mechanical or electrical engineer.
What a sad situation as it could have been so different.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm not a mechanical or electrical engineer but an 18650 Li-on will tend to vent from the positive end as that is the open end of the "can". The can on the Li-on is negative.
An alkaline battery will vent usually from the negative end, the can on the alkaline is positive.
51EBuva9zAL.jpg

If the coffee inside were to expand which end of the can will come off the easiest?

Last edited:

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
'Cause she's my wife... who was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.. In fact, she is getting her pancreaous removed tomorrow. A simple search here would have brought that to light. She became my avatar at a members request.
i really sorry to hear that.it must be e terrible burden.i wish the best to both of you.
regards
mike

ClintS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
San Diego area, CA
Not $60 bucks but from the original machinist -http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ameravape-Manhattan-Style-Mod-Made-By-The-Orginal-Machinist-For-First-Manhattan-/181480273662?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a411136fe#ht_330wt_1111

or just search eBay for Orginal Machinist For First Manhattan (spelling error is in eBay title)

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Not $60 bucks but from the original machinist -http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ameravape-Manhattan-Style-Mod-Made-By-The-Orginal-Machinist-For-First-Manhattan-/181480273662?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a411136fe#ht_330wt_1111

or just search eBay for Orginal Machinist For First Manhattan (spelling error is in eBay title)
They must have made more then as those have been re-designed

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Sigh .. where do I begin with this interview? Well, I can completely understand what he was saying about someone referring to his work as a "pipe bomb", and how the use of that term can create fear around his product, and why that would anger them, especially if that information is incorrect .. However, you do not redeem your own poor behavior, by throwing the other party involved under the bus.

There was no reason for him to imply that Todd also acted poorly, because it does not make Erik look better, not in IMO. I feel that was also a punk move. Just own your stuff, apologize if its appropriate, and keep it moving. I have no doubt that Todd can, or even may have also reacted in anger, and had some harsh words for Ameravape, but who wouldn't? If anyone comes at me with anger, harsh words, and threats, I am going to come right back at them in kind. According to Erik's partners explanation, Erik was drunk mailing Todd .. I would blast back too. There are very few people in this world who will meet an attack/threat with a smile.

With regard to his stance on clones ... I am not hearing any of it. Its very convenient for him to have now changed his position on clones, when most of the community knows full well that there was a time when he had no problem with them at all, and that he in fact was a clone user himself. His attitude did not change until he decided to go into business for himself. Talk to the hand :facepalm:

Clone or no clone, I am not buying his mod, nor am I buying anyone else's $250 mod .. Innovation? Get the hell out of here with that nonsense! Go invent something that actually benefits mankind, and improves his quality of life, and then we can talk about spending $250 on innovation. Right now the "innovators" of this World are focused on creating things that help the people of this world think less, do less, and spend more, which is truly no help at all. We have a world full of adults, and their children right now that can type the hell out of a text message, yet can barely compose a complete sentence, and a proper paragraph thanks to "innovation".

While vaping has helped millions to potentially improve their health, which does improve one's quality of life, there is not a single vaper in existence who NEEDS a $250 mod to do so. So yeah, they're not getting my support.

:thumbs: Couldn't have said it better myself Nikkita, I'm REALLY glad you said it so I didn't have to type out all of that whilst raising my blood pressure. This almost isn't worth talking about as you implied, because vaping is just a hobby to be a little healthier while enjoying nicotine (or just blowing vapor). These modders need to get off their high horse and realize they are only selling pretty flashlights...without a bulb. Nobody really cares if someone clones your engineering baby, because in the big scheme of things, it's not important. The mechanical mod is one part of a SEA of other vaping equipment, and vaping equipment is a relatively small slice of worldwide product.

I'm not going to be anything less than a gentleman commenting on this interview, even though I think Erik is acting like a high schooler who just got his keys taken away by his parents. Honestly man, even if it infuriates you that Todd (the nicest, and most un-biased reviewer on earth) couldn't blow through your mod, show an OUNCE of professionalism for your brand! It's hilarious how much this situation resembles a soap opera :lol:. Personally, I don't think the "pipe bomb" comment stopped maybe 10 users from purchasing it, it was most likely the 1/4 of 1000 dollar mod price tag for a tube, magnet, and 510 connection that won't let your atty sit flush. To be honest I really want one of those mods in copper, but the want to not support this silly guy overwhelms that wish.

This may be uncalled for, but I REALLY think that the "fake product" that was released, was a genuine accident by Amerivape, that they are blaming on this *unnamed* mechanical shop. I mean, judging by how mature and logical Ameravape has been thus far, it's not a radical thought that they would pull something like this, as soon as someone discovered, and called out the mods mistakes. Basically, they messed up, just had to keep up their "flawless reputation", and came up with a b.s. story that makes them the "honest damsel in distress" being hurt by "the bad guy".

Maybe that was a little childish of me to accuse them of, but I'm sensing immaturity in everything Ameravape/Erik does, like how Erik just blatantly called out Todd during this interview. It was gold when he stink eyed the camera, and hoped Todd was watching, and then told everyone Todd has the same anger issues he does :rolleyes: (and then poorly held back a cheeky smile), like anyone cares. I think everyone get's that vibe from Todd that he's a decent, and darn near unbiased reviewer, he simply called it like he saw it for the safety of his viewers. I'm not a battery holder "engineer", but I don't see why venting at 35 psi is necessary, or even a quality that's wanted in a mod. That's the pressure of an average car tire! Why on earth would you want battery acid to vent out of a mod, with the force of a trucks tire psi? So it can blast off into space, safely away from the unlucky vaper? Yeah right! They put a big'ol strong neodynium magnet directly over the vent-hole, and it just turned out that way lmao, trying to be nasa of the 18650 world? Gimme a break.

I almost cried when he told the story about his vapor shop buddy, who has some savings, and he's afraid to invest in making his own mod, because he's afraid of it being stolen from him :cry:. And all Erik needed was some patriotic music, and an American flag waving gently in the wind behind him when he stated "American manufacturing is being dis-heartened by manufacturing overseas". Oh my word, America still makes some of the most advanced products in the world, and not all overseas manufacturing is cheap and damaging to our nation. That's a LIE created by manufacturers that aren't making as much money as they want to, and are throwing a tantrum over not being able to buy that second BMW. I don't want to get into it, but if done smartly, overseas manufacturing helps both America and aforementioned manufacturer, it's not the "easy, harmful way" to make a product. I genuinely believe most authentic vaping product manufacturers are butthurt, because they are HAPPILY overpricing (taking way more profit than they should) their items, because us vapers will ALLOW it. They're spoiled because alot of vapers purchase ludicrously priced equipment, because this market is so scarce, because these "exclusive" items create hype, and we want something that nobody else has (I've been super guilty of this myself :p, *cough* Red Copper LE Stingray by JD Tech *cough*).

The competition that cloning and/or overseas manufacturing presents, (which is GOOD for us consumers, if you've heard that regarding economics) is basically starting to knock down their luxurious sandcastle, and making it harder for them to make such amazing profit. I'd be willing to bet that mechanical mod manufacturing is one of the most lucrative (and easier) business's to be in at the moment, and the professional owners of these business's are doing great (super-T, JD Tech, MCV, Tatroe Mods, Tobh Mods, Atmomixani, V3tronix, Gpaps etc.), they haven't claimed anything radical because they just wanted too, and they fix what needs to be fixed transparently.

I knew this would happen...I'm sorry for taking up half the page everybody. I love everyone on ECF, and please don't be offended by anything I said, I didn't intend for that. This is relatively unimportant, I just don't care much for this type of 'tude, so let's just all see what vaping is about, and that's getting the vapor we want, with whatever piece of equipment that works for us, regardless of the manufacturer or situation. In the end of the day, it's our hard earned money, it's up to the business's to compete for it, if one "wins", then they didn't try the hardest.

Vape on y'all! One love! :D :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread