Travel and Vaping American Airlines???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caffusss

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
California
I'm going on an 8 hour trip in December..I read they want you to carry batteries on the plan rather than in checked bages? They want them unused and wrapped. So....I geuss I will have to leave my Reo without a battery in my checked bag and my batterys in my carry on?? I'll have to buy nic gum for the trip and new batteries.:blink: Anyone have true experiance with them?

dordas23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Maryland
I have no experience with AA, but I recently flew on Southwest and Hawaiian airlines. I had each of my batts in a separate teeny zip lock bag, and all of them together in a larger zip lock, in my carry-on luggage. Also had 2 GLVs (mini and supermini) with their batts in the mods in my pocketbook, and got no hassles at all. Good luck!

leotiny

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Orlando
you should be able to get your ecig on the plane, the last time i flew on american was in january and they did not give me any problems, but i did not try to use mine on board. TSA did not give me any problems with my 2 batteries and eliquid. You would be better off chewing nic gum if you cant go without vaping for 8 hours. i just found this article about stuff happening on a bus in england
» Electronic Cigarette Causes Huge ‘Terror Scare’ Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

crand

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
I fly over 150,000 miles every year. Let me put your mind at ease. First off AA, or any carrier for that matter, has no way of knowing what is contained in your carry on or checked bag. That is primarily the domain of the TSA. I've carried everything from mods to ego's to cig look alike products on board for well over three years now. I simply disassemble the rig [remove the carts, attys, drip tips, whatever from the battery and toss it all into one large pocket in my brief case. I've never had a single question from a TSA Officer in hundreds of trips thru the security line.
Carry your stuff with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread