Status
Not open for further replies.

homeprogreen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Sonora CA
I recognize the MD reference from my youth but what are the other two?

Man you had a very sheltered up bringing. CAMO. You know the colors and patterns that let you blend into your surrounding so you can sneak up on stuff. King Cobra. It's a Malt liqueur that is sold in 40's.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I have a quick question ...

I diy, and since it came back into stock, I just got my first bottle of DIY unflavored WTA.
Now .. the amount of WTA I get in my homemade juice is going to depend on the percentage of VG I use .. isn't it?
The percentage I normally mix is 70pg/30vg, and since the DIY unflavored WTA is 100% VG, am I reducing it too much.

Should I be mixing a 60/40 or even a 50/50 to get the full effect of the WTA
I guess I'm asking if there is a preferred or suggested % of the WTA VG to use when DIYing your own.
I want it to be as effective as the pre-mixed I buy, but want to try it in some of my favorite flavors .. like chocolate mocha
Thanks for any info

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Slots, I can't address your question but I'd sure like to have your chocolate mocha recipe!

It's simple,
I use VZ Coffee Mocha Super Concentrate Gourmet and add VZ Chocolate Super Concentrate
I've also added their Chocolate Truffle SCG to change it up a little
I like the SCG's, as it only takes 1-2% and I use a lot more flavor than most, as my taste buds suck after 56 years of smoking.
You could make a 3ml tester using just about any mocha, and chocolate if you have some on hand.

I see your from washington too.
I just sent a Christmas card to some friends in Sweethome

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
It's simple,
I use VZ Coffee Mocha Super Concentrate Gourmet and add VZ Chocolate Super Concentrate
I've also added their Chocolate Truffle SCG to change it up a little
I see your from washington too.
I just sent a Christmas card to some friends in Sweethome

VZ would be whom?
I've been a diehard unflavored vaper for a good while, just barely dipped my toes into flavors and DIY recently. That's why I didn't really figure I could give a qualified answer to your initial question slots.

With that, depending on the mood I'm in I've been adding either 0.5ml or 1.0ml to 10ml of unflavored.

Oregon, not Washington... Sweet Home is just down the road from me (-:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have a quick question ...

I diy, and since it came back into stock, I just got my first bottle of DIY unflavored WTA.
Now .. the amount of WTA I get in my homemade juice is going to depend on the percentage of VG I use .. isn't it?

Yes, well sorta. Anything added (aside from more WTA at the same strength or higher) e.g., PG, VG, PG/VG, or flavoring will dilute the WTA. So adding the same amount of anything else (non-alkaloid related) will dilute the amount of WTA the same as adding more VG.

The percentage I normally mix is 70pg/30vg, and since the DIY unflavored WTA is 100% VG, am I reducing it too much.

For me, yes, for you, only you will know (I have a friend that uses a drop or two to her other premade flavors and swears by it; you may be fine and dandy). If you want to use the DIY WTA in a 70% PG mix, you will be diluting the WTA by 70% also. But, you can try it out in small batch and it may still work well for you (it depends on how you vape). Your target alkaloid level is the most important part next to your favorite ratio. (Without knowing your target level, it's hard to guess what will work similarly for you.) If you're not taking the DIY WTA and spiking it into additional nicotine, diluting the 100% VG DIY WTA into a 70% PG mix will drop the 24 mg WTA to 7.2 mg (adding 35 mL of 100% PG for a total of 50 mL at 70% PG). Not knowing your preferred percentage of WTA/nicotine, if you wanted to, say, maintain the 24 mg alkaloid level and be at 70% PG, you could add a 35 mL of a PG/nic base at 24 mg and you'd have 50 mL of a 30/70 WTA/additional nicotine liquid at 24 mg. Considering you're using super concentrates, I didn't factor in the 1-2%.

Should I be mixing a 60/40 or even a 50/50 to get the full effect of the WTA
I guess I'm asking if there is a preferred or suggested % of the WTA VG to use when DIYing your own.
I want it to be as effective as the pre-mixed I buy, but want to try it in some of my favorite flavors .. like chocolate mocha
Thanks for any info

The Aroma line is 70% PG and their Red Tail Line is 70% VG. Now, this deal about solvents is tricky and I think several of us that vape WTA can attest to this. When using the straight-up WTA liquid (DIY WTA) in 100% VG, the high VG works fine. But, once you add regular nicotine to a high VG mix, the playing field is not even and the advantage (at least for me) shifts to the high PG mix for "effectiveness." I can't speak to why, but it's my experience. When I dilute WTA DIY liquid, if I use PG, or PG/nic, it seems to compensate for the lack of WTA much better than just adding more VG or VG/nic. Since you use 70% PG, I would recommend using a PG/nic base to dilute and testing that against the same mix but with a no-nic PG base at 70%.

You could make a 3ml tester using just about any mocha, and chocolate if you have some on hand.

Making 3 mL testers of your own flavored WTA is the best bet. I'd be interested to see what recipes you come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread