Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
You certainly are trolling. A question was asked, your man DVap answered. Yet you chose to spend an apparently considerable amount of time recalculating and cyphering in order to...what? Show up and regale us with the magnificence of your critical thinking? You like the other guy's WTA. We get that. But why are you so obsessed with semantics and minutia that you feel like you need to .... in? Is DVap's word not good enough? Does the fact that Aroma WTA is absolutely verifiable by DVap himself mean nothing to you? If you like the other guy's stuff vape it. Nobody cares.
It's obvious from your post quoted above that your purpose was nothing but to get a rise out of Jerry, which you did. That is called trolling.

You and I have a history as vapers who communicated outside the forum (email and phone). Whether it matters to you or not, I have to address what you said with more than a snide remark.

Look, I bring up stuff that wasn't brought up. I can post where I want, especially from vendors that I've spent a considerable amount of money with (about $100 this year--6 bottles of Sahara and a 15 mL unflavored--and double that money last year at AeJ, and more from the classies/trades; and I've spent way more at AeJ than the other WTA vendor). That may not be a lot to you, but it is to me. I am an AeJ customer for I have spent good money with them. I hadn't brought up WC here, you did--though I have no idea why you think this had anything to do with them. If you don't care what I vape, don't bring it up.

I did not question here the verifiable-ness of AeJ's WTA (show me where I did), I brought up the quantity with respect to the same mg being in both 12 and 24 mg (which hadn't been addressed), and I asked about the "nicotine dosage." Just because I don't spend all my time in this forum, I am not precluded from posting here or anywhere; there is no "....[ing] in," unless it's a personal conversation (which this wasn't). I am just as much of an ECF member as you are, so you can post where you want and I can too.

Last edited:

homeprogreen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Sonora CA
Get it all out. Squeeze just a little bit harder and drop another thought. Buhloop.

Hey, you devil you, where did you come from? Good to see new faces to the conversation. Cookies for everyone.

No not cookies for this one. But I'm sure I can find something suitable image.jpg

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
OTD started the thread with a question that was simple and contained no subtext.

The issue of "nicotine dosage" as posted on the AEJ website is a valid one, and one that I've had in mind for awhile to talk to Jerry about as simply a matter of clarification. Mann, we've got a good relationship, so I'll be honest in my opinion that while the issue you brought up does have a factual basis, it does fall on the side of hair-splitting such that you knew or should have known that it would push Jerry's buttons. So trolling? Technically, yes.

[Edit: Trolling might be a bit of a provocative term to have used here and unnecessary given that the paragraph would otherwise stand on its own. Button pushing, yes. Trolling, too strong].

There are the issues that we air publicly and those that we air privately. Discretion lies in the choice we make between the former and the latter. I could have resolved the concern for you in five minutes had you chosen to fire off a PM to me. No muss, no fuss, no drama. I don't wish to impinge upon your concern, I simply believe it could have been aired with a bit more finesse.

You're well aware that I do have concerns about WC's process, but none of these concerns center on the safety of their product, so I choose to air them privately, if at all. I also have concerns about AEJ's process, but the difference between my concerns with WC and with AEJ is that I'm in a position to do something about my concerns with AEJ, and that's what I've been doing actively for these past months. I know everything about the AEJ process, and have deduced a great deal more about the WC process than one might expect. You will not find me on WC's thread grilling JF on how they do things. Now, I could air these concerns in public, but to do so would be for no purpose other than to throw stones and manipulate public opinion. It would be disingenuous of me. The only productive thing I could accomplish would be to help WC do WTA better, but I'm already doing that for AEJ. Both AEJ and WC, I believe, are producing the best product they're capable of producing, and neither gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I do take a bit of issue with WC's seizing upon the whole "WTA exclusive" thing and prominently featuring it at their website. I find it a case of seizing on a trifle to create a competitive advantage, but it's not prima facie unfair or untrue, so I don't see reason to make an issue of it other than to mention it here and then leave it be.

Remember, I am not AEJ. I speak a good deal about the science behind WTA, and that being so, it helps to create an openness about the product. I am, perhaps, more open than I ought to be, but to me it is a matter of fostering trustworthiness on AEJ's behalf. If I believe there is a problem with AEJ's product, either one that concerns me or one that concerns someone else, I want folks to believe that I'm going to address it with AEJ and see it resolved to my satisfaction. This openness does invite inquiry, but to take this as an open invitation to criticize takes advantage of my openness and gives me pause as to whether I should continue with the degree of openness that I've made a habit.

Last edited:

homeprogreen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Sonora CA
I personally don't care about the percentages of this or that in the juice. I have tried and continue to try lots of different juices. I smoked for over 35 years and really didn't care about what was in my cigs either. I was kind of wondering in an off hand kind of way but Dvap managed to break it down so my simple mind could understand it the concept. All I know and care about is that I like and enjoy the 555 as my all day vape and that the WTA that I have knocks the cravings down for me and my wife. It's worked for almost a full year so I'm good. I've gotten Great product, Great service and fast shipping at a reasonable price every time I've ordered from Aroma and believe me I place a large order every 2 weeks. Sometimes every week. If I wasnt happy with it then my money would go elsewhere. Along the way I've managed to meet some great people and a few that I would call my friends ,Jerry is included in that last part. He has worked tirelessly to refine the process that he uses and improve production. Combine that with great product & Great customer service and he has earned my loyalty as a customer. As far as the other company's WTA it very well could be a great product and if it works for people then I'm glad. All I know and care about is Aromas products work for me so he will continue to get my juice dollar

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
This is so difficult for me, but upon really reading DVap's post (especially those last lines), I've decided that one of the relationships I have on this forum that is not fake, and the one that I feel honored to have, is worth me letting this go.

DVap,

I never meant to derail this thread or to have my words look like how they did. It's not easy for me to understand how I come off, but my hope is that if I back away from it then it will speak more than words can convey.

Last edited:

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
Yes, I've used the exclusive term, I created the term.

You'll excuse me, perhaps, if I'm a bit on the paternal side when it comes to WTA. When I speak of concerns about any WTA process, it comes mostly from the perspective of watching a child growing up and the nervousness that accompanies. A bit on the corny side? Sure... but it encapsulates the idea. To push the paternal theme further, I think that expressing concerns about anybody doing WTA any differently than I do it is akin to daddy wishing to control the child as she grows. He knows he can't control her and to attempt it is a fools errand, but still... daddies will be daddies. The paragraph about concerns probably is a standalone that doesn't fit in with the rest of the post but it was something I needed to say. If AEJ represents to me the little girl singing in the church choir (what I want her to do), then WC perhaps represents the little girl going out and getting a tattoo. Nothing truly wrong with that, but not what I would have her do but rather what she wants to do. Has this metaphor gone on quite too long yet?

I'll maintain my right to my opinion when it comes to the use of "WTA exclusive" as a marketing term. It's a dig, subtle and not malicious, but a dig all the same.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Yes, I've used the exclusive term, I created the term.

You'll excuse me, perhaps, if I'm a bit on the paternal side when it comes to WTA. When I speak of concerns about any WTA process, it comes mostly from the perspective of watching a child growing up and the nervousness that accompanies. A bit on the corny side? Sure... but it encapsulates the idea. To push the paternal theme further, I think that expressing concerns about anybody doing WTA any differently than I do it is akin to daddy wishing to control the child as she grows. He knows he can't control her and to attempt it is a fools errand, but still... daddies will be daddies. The paragraph about concerns probably is a standalone that doesn't fit in with the rest of the post but it was something I needed to say. If AEJ represents to me the little girl singing in the church choir (what I want her to do), then WC perhaps represents the little girl going out and getting a tattoo. Nothing truly wrong with that, but not what I would have her do but rather what she wants to do. Has this metaphor gone on quite too long yet?

I'll maintain my right to my opinion when it comes to the use of "WTA exclusive" as a marketing term. It's a dig, subtle and not malicious, but a dig all the same.

I get it and that metaphor not only makes sense, it has calmed me down more than your WTA does (well, not really. LOL). DVap, you got more patience (seemingly) than anyone could ever possibly ask you to have (think about that microwave bit today). Let it be known, and I have said this before, I think WTA is the most important "invention" in vaping since the ecig itself. It's not my baby though, so I'll try to know when to look out for the child and when to let her father handle things. Knowing is only half the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread