The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

An EVOD experiment: EVOD dripper, what!?

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Jimmy_Noname, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jimmy_Noname

Jimmy_Noname Full Member Verified Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Monterey, California
    So I'm still somewhat new to vaping and loving every minute of it. And since I'm new I'm on the hunt for that ever elusive all day vape. Literally 20 minutes ago from me typing this I started putting together a sample pack of juice from HHV (I think I've settled on Dragons Fire, Heavenly Army, Legend, and Caramel Cappuccino) but I thought: I only have 4 EVODs and an RSST, what will I use to sample them? So I click over to the atomizer page, but alas! The only dripper atty they have is out of stock! And I'm not in the mood to deal with a separate transaction from another site, as I'm still waiting for the Sigelei #8 (first mod) to go with the RSST on my desk. But then I look over to my left on my L-shaped desk and see a disassembled EVOD tank and six atomizer heads...

tl;dnr start here

So I thought: can I make an EVOD into a dripper? Yes, yes I can. And you can to! It's simple, only one modification needed: remove the top post of the atomizer head. Just take off the top post and put the silicone cap on over it the atty like normal, the silicone cap is still needed to get an air tight seal with the air tube/mouth piece (1/8 in gap without it). Removing the top post gives you a big enough opening to drip juice down the mouth piece onto the atty. BUT DON'T DRIP TOO MUCH, it will still gurgle with too much juice, one drop at a time should do, maybe two if you have enough wick. Note- over saturating the wick will cause juice to overflow back into the tank, be sure the tank is empty before switching flavors.

It's not perfect as it gets dry quick and the mouth piece is a bit narrow/long for dripping; a syringe or needle-tip bottle would help. This is in no way better than a dedicated dripper, just a little experiment in improvisation I thought I would share with you all :) I'm going to continue tinkering with this idea to see if I can improve on it, until I break down and buy an actual RDA.

Now, time to purchase that juice order.

2. yotasavg

yotasavg Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    Chico, CA
    Good posting! I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this lol! It works great for quick sampling new juices before I decide which to fill my tank with. Also, I usually just unscrew the tank and apply a few more drops, never thought of dripping right down the mouthpiece... Anyway, it works!

I forgot to mention that if you do the cotton rewick mod it seems to hold a few more drops of juice when in dripping mode.

3. Jimmy_Noname

Jimmy_Noname Full Member Verified Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Monterey, California
    Yeah I add more wick than when I fill the tank, it's better for dripping.

4. TheSystemHasFailed

TheSystemHasFailed Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2013
    Valhalla
    I rewired one of mine with ribbon kanthal.

4x the vapor, easily.

5. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Now there a holy diver!

Ride the tiger
    You can see his stripes but you know he's clean
    Oh, don't you see what I mean?

Best lyrics ever written lol.

How many wraps are you getting with the ribbon? Small area in the heads. What ohms are you getting?

6. TheSystemHasFailed

Apr 19, 2013
    Valhalla
    Well, we all know what Dio means!

Really low. About 1.3-1.5, I also use NR wire.
    Make a 1/8" tab on each end of the ribbon, tie some NR to it, crimp that tab down, wrap.
    I got the 0.05 ribbon from CoV.

Never a burnt taste, as I use 3mm silica with an inch on one side and the normal size as the other.
    I get clouds from 50/50 that some can't make with 100% VG!

7. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

That is pure win! I'll have to try that ribbon when temco gets it.

You get a 666!

8. TheSystemHasFailed

Apr 19, 2013
    Valhalla
    6-8 weeks...I'm with ya!
    Gonna grab some 0.05 and 0.07. They have such a great guide and conversion chart!

9. yotasavg

yotasavg Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2013
    Chico, CA
    You guys are funny. I just got some Kanthal wire, I suppose I'll have to try this ribbon next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.