An EVOD experiment: EVOD dripper, what!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_Noname

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
Monterey, California
So I'm still somewhat new to vaping and loving every minute of it. And since I'm new I'm on the hunt for that ever elusive all day vape. Literally 20 minutes ago from me typing this I started putting together a sample pack of juice from HHV (I think I've settled on Dragons Fire, Heavenly Army, Legend, and Caramel Cappuccino) but I thought: I only have 4 EVODs and an RSST, what will I use to sample them? So I click over to the atomizer page, but alas! The only dripper atty they have is out of stock! And I'm not in the mood to deal with a separate transaction from another site, as I'm still waiting for the Sigelei #8 (first mod) to go with the RSST on my desk. But then I look over to my left on my L-shaped desk and see a disassembled EVOD tank and six atomizer heads...

tl;dnr start here

So I thought: can I make an EVOD into a dripper? Yes, yes I can. And you can to! It's simple, only one modification needed: remove the top post of the atomizer head. Just take off the top post and put the silicone cap on over it the atty like normal, the silicone cap is still needed to get an air tight seal with the air tube/mouth piece (1/8 in gap without it). Removing the top post gives you a big enough opening to drip juice down the mouth piece onto the atty. BUT DON'T DRIP TOO MUCH, it will still gurgle with too much juice, one drop at a time should do, maybe two if you have enough wick. Note- over saturating the wick will cause juice to overflow back into the tank, be sure the tank is empty before switching flavors.

It's not perfect as it gets dry quick and the mouth piece is a bit narrow/long for dripping; a syringe or needle-tip bottle would help. This is in no way better than a dedicated dripper, just a little experiment in improvisation I thought I would share with you all :) I'm going to continue tinkering with this idea to see if I can improve on it, until I break down and buy an actual RDA.

Now, time to purchase that juice order.

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
Good posting! I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this lol! It works great for quick sampling new juices before I decide which to fill my tank with. Also, I usually just unscrew the tank and apply a few more drops, never thought of dripping right down the mouthpiece... Anyway, it works!

I forgot to mention that if you do the cotton rewick mod it seems to hold a few more drops of juice when in dripping mode.

Last edited:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Yeah I add more wick than when I fill the tank, it's better for dripping.

I rewired one of mine with ribbon kanthal.

4x the vapor, easily.

Now there a holy diver!

Ride the tiger
You can see his stripes but you know he's clean
Oh, don't you see what I mean?

Best lyrics ever written lol.

How many wraps are you getting with the ribbon? Small area in the heads. What ohms are you getting?

TheSystemHasFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Valhalla
Now there a holy diver!

Ride the tiger
You can see his stripes but you know he's clean
Oh, don't you see what I mean?

Best lyrics ever written lol.

How many wraps are you getting with the ribbon? Small area in the heads. What ohms are you getting?
Well, we all know what Dio means!

Really low. About 1.3-1.5, I also use NR wire.
Make a 1/8" tab on each end of the ribbon, tie some NR to it, crimp that tab down, wrap.
I got the 0.05 ribbon from CoV.

Never a burnt taste, as I use 3mm silica with an inch on one side and the normal size as the other.
I get clouds from 50/50 that some can't make with 100% VG!

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Well, we all know what Dio means!

Really low. About 1.3-1.5, I also use NR wire.
Make a 1/8" tab on each end of the ribbon, tie some NR to it, crimp that tab down, wrap.
I got the 0.05 ribbon from CoV.

Never a burnt taste, as I use 3mm silica with an inch on one side and the normal size as the other.
I get clouds from 50/50 that some can't make with 100% VG!

That is pure win! I'll have to try that ribbon when temco gets it.

You get a 666!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread