Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
SMemo_02.jpg

lmao..I still chuckle every time I run into it. It's the yellow part. Gasket/grommet same difference...

The other thing is with the ProTank if you use natural wick you have to trim the wick tight/ close to the wick opening. Messes with the air exchange otherwise. With Vg when it's right you'll get a steady pile up of bubbles...

From Post 86 forward that's got to be the most thorough, precise and exact tutorial I have EVER seen here at ECF. Kudos Eddie ...a really nice job and I've bookmarked it.
Thank you :thumbs:

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
From Post 86 forward that's got to be the most thorough, precise and exact tutorial I have EVER seen here at ECF. Kudos Eddie ...a really nice job and I've bookmarked it.
Thank you :thumbs:
Glad you liked it. Let me know if I might of missed anything. Anywhere where a newbie might get confused..

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
See? Told ya so!!! If I could follow it, anybody can. ;)

I wasn't kidding about a Utube video either!
Thanks Jo. Honestly feel that some good pictures and explanations are better for this. No pausing, at the users pace, like ifixit does for iPhones and other devices.

Please let me know how it works for you after your first attempt. If there is anywhere I could be more clear and so on...

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm using 1mm hemp twine natural from love pedal on eBay. Boiled thrice, new water each time,20minutes a time. Then oven dried immediately overnight on the WARM setting.150-170°. It's only treated with corn starch to make the twine. So you don't have to boil but,I would recommend it.

I don't need to tell you but, for others all you need is a standard round toothpick to make the coil. A thick paper clip to hold the coil in place in the atomizer body while completing legs. Slide 1 piece through the coil and 1 piece over...6 wraps/32g Kanthal a-1 should give you 2.3-2.5ohms around the toothpick..

I've been following the hemp thread. Very interesting.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
WOW!!!! All I can say is WOW!! :thumbs: Thanks for posting these amazing instruction pictures. I'm sure this will help everyone who has an interest in doing this. These will definitely help me

You also should do some Utube videos... just a suggestion. Thanks again Eddie! :toast:

What she said... WOW Eddie!

And another WOW. :toast:

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
or you could use a Boge carto . That is what I use for tank wrecking juices. I do have the ProTank, but so far is doesn't blow my dress up.
I had to plug one of its holes with plumbers tape due to its airy draw and it mutes my juice flavor. Even with my ecto juice which is not a bland juice. I am hoping when I change to a new/different coil head the flavor will improve. Someone told me that they improved Protank
flavor doing a coil rebuild but I am not mechanically inclined.

I was curious about trying these until I read that acidic fruit flavors will ruin them...guess I will stick to my pyrex tank & cartos until I can get my hands on a protank. :(

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
when did you insert the wick? I didn't see the wick insertion pic/ instructions. That step I missed somehow.
Thanks for taking the time to take pics and make picture by pic instruction. I almost feel like I could do this.
ALMOST. lol Still would feel better with someone sitting there doing a hand hold during the process.
As I am not mechanically inclined in any way.
I feel that I do pretty good with what I do with the various parts and pieces I have considering how DUH I am! lol

20130411_113155.jpg

20130411_113538.jpg

Coil is aligned with base of wick opening. Cut piece of wick. Wind it tight and slide through coil. May have to use that hook you made with excess 32g Kanthal a-1 to feed the far side of wick up and over the base of the wick opening.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
when did you insert the wick? I didn't see the wick insertion pic/ instructions. That step I missed somehow.
Thanks for taking the time to take pics and make picture by pic instruction. I almost feel like I could do this.
ALMOST. lol Still would feel better with someone sitting there doing a hand hold during the process.
As I am not mechanically inclined in any way.
I feel that I do pretty good with what I do with the various parts and pieces I have considering how DUH I am! lol
LOL sorry I needed both hands. Simply slot the the wick through the coil. You may need a small hook like object to pull the lead edge of the wick up and over the lip of the far side. Wire clipping works perfect. Just make a loop at one end.
Just one piece of the 1mm hemp twine through and one on top. There is some expansion with natural.
I use 3 pieces of my German 1mm silica and 3 on top. I posted pictures of the 1mm silica from Germany and 1.5mm from Texas which is at least double if not triple the size. I'm not sure which is accurate but, linked both..

You can do this and once you do you'll realize it's simple. You should have a meter or tester to check resistance and for shorts prior to firing up the coil..

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Eddie great tutorial!

I'd like to add a few of us are ditching the flavor wicks. Building coils 3.5-5mm. No leaking, gurgling, or dry hits.

I really like the idea of flavor wicks though. It's added surface area using inner and outer heating surface of the coil. I'm sure a thicker wick performs as well anyway as you're adding surface area as well...

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
or you could use a Boge carto . That is what I use for tank wrecking juices. I do have the ProTank, but so far is doesn't blow my dress up.
I had to plug one of its holes with plumbers tape due to its airy draw and it mutes my juice flavor. Even with my ecto juice which is not a bland juice. I am hoping when I change to a new/different coil head the flavor will improve. Someone told me that they improved Protank
flavor doing a coil rebuild but I am not mechanically inclined.

ProTank is funny. The stock heads are near identical to EVOD but, just don't offer the same performance. I felt the need to rebuild all the ProTank heads I've used.
I went back to an EVOD to use on a v8 gripper I purchased and popped a brand new unaltered EVOD head in with 100%vg and the thing vaped like a dream like the EVODs always have in my experience. Maybe something hydrodynamic having to do with the tank size. ( Just wanted to use that word)
I like carts but, at times feel the flavor is dulled. I'm all over the place though still being early in this. Genny, ProTank, bully drip, EVOD,vmod xl with cart, tank and a cart, different genny...lmao..

Genny style rbas offer the most flavor but,a good EVOD or ProTank is RIGHT there with less hassle IMO. Smaller, shorter and more travel friendly.. Also SS wick and coil gunk up much faster with liquids that are prone to that. Sweet, dark liquids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread