An idea I'd be milling over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamdude

Oct 17, 2009
Texas, United States
I won't lie, I'm still new to vaping, and e-cigs in general, but I've milled over the idea of buying some liquid PTB material and blank cartridges and selling them online.

My reasoning behind this is that I love the idea of Ecigs a lot, but I want to make them easier to get and use for the average consumer.

I bought the Blu first since it was recommended by some friends, mostly since it was the only one anyone I knew owned. Like most people I've talked to though, the blu was amazing at first, but ended up being sorta a disappointment, like I've also read from others, I learned wasn't so much a bad ecig as it was a consumer friendly product that came with sucky carts.

I just don't see a lot of people who go buy a pack of cigarettes getting an e-cig and experimenting with different liquids and fillers, or some of them even bothering to buy liquids to refill their cart, so it would make things easier to make disposable carts for them that make a better vaping experience than with the stock carts they get from manufacturers like Blu.

My problems are though, that I don't want to get in trouble for using someone elses product or something, like the material from the PTBs.

I've looked, but maybe not in the right places, and I can't find a place to just purchase the material used for liptons PTBs, instead of buying the PTBs and possibly getting in trouble for whatever reason by lipton for reselling their product or something. Does anyone know where I might be able to find any of this material? or is it just a bad idea, and I should find more productive things to think about?

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
I have ran across at least one online store that carries 3x carts with the PTB mod allready in them for like $5.

Aside from people that are growing thier own products, practicly everyone on the planet selling items is using other companies products in some fashion or other allready so unless you include the TEA along with the carts I dont think that would be an issue :)

As you are thinking about that, something else to consider is offering the filter pad mod as well. I chose to use it just for ease of use over the PTB, and they will not fly out like I have noticed in some vids here :shock:

Good luck!

Brachinus

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Jersey Shore
As you are thinking about that, something else to consider is offering the filter pad mod as well. I chose to use it just for ease of use over the PTB, and they will not fly out like I have noticed in some vids here :shock:
It would be cool if someone would sell a "cart mod sampler kit" with PTB, fluval (filter pad), wool, pipe screen, etc., maybe a 6-pack (1 of each mod) for a reasonable price.

If you were good at the mods, and did them assembly-line fashion, it might be marginally profitable. Paying $15 for 6 filters shipped might be expensive, but not compared to buying teabags, filter pads, wool nibs and all the rest.

And if someone had an e-cig company, it might be worth selling them at a slight loss just to encourage people to shop there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread