An interesting observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
I've been vaping for approximately 10 months. I have of course first started on the traditional tobacco flavors. And then it was tobacco blends. However recently I've been trying more sweeter and fruitier type of eliquids. Is it normal for a ex cigarette smoker /tobacco flavor vapor guy to start looking at all of the other marvelous flavors out there. Did anybody else go through a similar experience? Just curious thank you for your response.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Yes that is quite normal. At the start you think you need that sweet sweet cigarette flavor *puke* but that's only because you learned to associate that flavor with nicotine kick. As time passes people realize they can have any flavor they like. Getting used to different flavors also can make it harder for some to go back to cigarettes as those taste just awful.
I enjoy some tobacco extracts (not artificial flavors) from time to time but in reality they taste more like tobacco smells than burning tobacco.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The only reason I didn't bother with tobaccos this time around, was that I'd vaped before and found them absolutely hideous. With that said, tobacco flavors may well have improved since that time, but I still don't much care for what my husband vapes, and I got him some of the nicer NET tobaccos. I can't stand the taste, and it's not really the taste of cigarettes that kept me smoking. They tasted awful and EVERYTHING tasted awful, as I had smoked away my tastebuds.

It is also normal (if you ask me) to enter this love affair with this thing called "food" which I had never really tasted as an adult. Believe me, my "new" tastebuds are one more thing keeping me from returning to smoking.

Yes, you are normal.

Anna

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I've been vaping for approximately 10 months. I have of course first started on the traditional tobacco flavors. And then it was tobacco blends. However recently I've been trying more sweeter and fruitier type of eliquids. Is it normal for a ex cigarette smoker /tobacco flavor vapor guy to start looking at all of the other marvelous flavors out there. Did anybody else go through a similar experience? Just curious thank you for your response.

I did and now I vape unflavored VG and water. Whatever works.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I started on the traditional tobacco flavors. And then it was tobacco blends. However recently I've been trying more sweeter and fruitier type of eliquids. Is it normal for a ex cigarette smoker /tobacco flavor vapor guy to start looking at all of the other marvelous flavors out there. Did anybody else go through a similar experience? Just curious thank you for your response.
I only smoked menthol cigarettes, so I started vaping with a menthol flavor. I tried a few of the tobacco flavors out of curiousity, but meh. Most were nasty.

I quickly branched out to fruit and coffee flavors. Currently my favorite flavor is coffee cake.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I've discovered recently that I always loved tobacco. I wasn't addicted to nicotine. I just loved the act of smoking.
When I quit smoking, my first instinct was to distance myself from tobacco. I spent a few months trying the fruits, bakery etc. Eventually bought a gazillion concentrates and started making my own "flavours". That didn't go well and confused me even more....
Then somehow I tried a tobacco flavour, and it hit a instant cord with me. I then started collecting a few gazillion more tobacco concentrates. Made loads of flavours again. I thought I was in my happy place but something still was amiss...
Then I discovered NETs and the process repeated itself again...
Longer story short...with all these hundreds of flavours around me, i've settled on HHV. Its all i've been doing for the last few months now. The absolute best for me being Triple Thread with 10% Aroma WTA mixed in. Its the closest thing to a real smoke i've tasted. To me this is how smoking should've been. Not the damn route big tobacco took us on...!!!
I'm doing Organic smoking :thumbs:

Last edited:

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
Vaping for a few years now. Started out with really sweet stuff THEN I discovered tobacco flavors and that's all I vaped for about a year. Since then I have gradually moved towards light sweet stuff, custards, creams. I do not like really sweet vapes. If its too sweet I'm good for about 4 or 5 puffs and then I'm pouring it out.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I personally know a few who used various tobacco eliquids when they were first switching to vaping. But all of them moved away from them to other flavors after maybe 3-4 months. I never wanted to even try any tobacco though, because I wanted something totally different. The first eliquids I chose were Mint Chocolate, Coffee, Vanilla Bean, and NannerBerry. They did the trick for me, and I was able to get off the smokes and never have even a craving for another one.

In the longrun...finding whatever type of eliquid works for you, is what's important. We're all different and have gone down many different paths to being smoke-free and loving vaping now.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Ten months is a long time. Way to go!

I was more stubborn than you. I chased that perfect tobacco flavor 'round and 'round and boo coo bucks later I realized that I'd never find it.

Now it's coffee, desserts, beverages, sweets, some fruits and I'm wide open to other possibilities.

Vegetables? Who knows.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I started with tobacco flavors, branched out & tried all sorts of non tobacco flavors of course I always had tobacco flavors to fall back on.
Took me about two years to get through tons of flavors and find I prefer tobaccos, I cannot tolerate sweet, NET & WTA doesn't agree with me.
I gave away & dumped literally gallons of e liquids trying to find something I liked or could even tolerate that were non tobacco flavors.

When I say tobacco I mean actual tobacco not cigarette only non sweet, no hints of this or that, tobaccos.
Blends of a few to several are my favorites, my ADV is a blend of 5 tobaccos. I love tobaccos.
When / if I run out, unflavored works for me, but, it can be too sweet after a few days to be an ADV.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
I started with tobacco flavors, branched out & tried all sorts of non tobacco flavors of course I always had tobacco flavors to fall back on.
Took me about two years to get through tons of flavors and find I prefer tobaccos, I cannot tolerate sweet, NET & WTA doesn't agree with me.
I gave away & dumped literally gallons of e liquids trying to find something I liked or could even tolerate that were non tobacco flavors.

When I say tobacco I mean actual tobacco not cigarette only non sweet, no hints of this or that, tobaccos.
Blends of a few to several are my favorites, my ADV is a blend of 5 tobaccos. I love tobaccos.
When / if I run out, unflavored works for me, but, it can be too sweet after a few days to be an ADV.
For someone so against my posts, I would have never known you were hell-bent on tobacco as well :D

• Useful
Reactions: Vaperer

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
No I just buy straight tobacco juice and mix it with Menthol juice and it tastes just like a Newport. Not exactly like a Newport but it's close enough that you should enjoy it. It's really very easy. Just add more menthol until you like it
Let me give you an example this might help you. My wife only Vapes pina colada. I bought her all kinds of pina colada and none of them she liked. So I got for her a bottle of pineapple. And I got a bottle of coconut for her. She puts 3/4 of a tank of pineapple. With a quarter tank of coconut. She's been happy ever since. She adjusts it for different amounts of flavor
do you get it kind of?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread