An interesting observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
No I just buy straight tobacco juice and mix it with Menthol juice and it tastes just like a Newport. Not exactly like a Newport but it's close enough that you should enjoy it. It's really very easy. Just add more menthol until you like it.
Mind giving me the exact juice and menthol you mix?

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
For someone so against my posts, I would have never known you were hell-bent on tobacco as well :D

It is quite common for children to be unable to understand adult conversation and intentions, even more common for children to ignore adults when they give good solid advice, it happens with every generation.

Coming from someone that has tried hundreds of different tobacco liquids, I gave you suggestions on what I felt were suitable for what you said you were looking for in a couple of your threads.

Your definition of fresh opened pack of cigarette smell and mine couldn't be any farther apart.
Too me the odor is overwhelmingly, bordering on grotesquely sweet, I cannot stand sweet liquids.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
It is quite common for children to be unable to understand adult conversation and intentions, even more common for children to ignore adults when they give good solid advice, it happens with every generation.

Coming from someone that has tried hundreds of different tobacco liquids, I gave you suggestions on what I felt were suitable for what you said you were looking for in a couple of your threads.

Your definition of fresh opened pack of cigarette smell and mine couldn't be any farther apart.
Too me the odor is overwhelmingly, bordering on grotesquely sweet, I cannot stand sweet liquids.
Thanks for the help lad'

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    The LOGICAL progression, i.e. what almost no one ever does, would be to first use sweet flavors since your sense of taste is so bad and you're using plenty of nicotine for bite. As your sense of taste comes back and you reduce nicotine, then start vaping tobacco flavors for the bite and since you can finally taste their amazing flavor and complexity.

I do find some appeal to the fact that tobaccos are more what I sometimes call "gruff", more biting and with a physical intensity. Simply tasting good is not all I desire in a vape. They are also sort of abstract, which makes them good for a very light flavoring and for mixing.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Thanks for the help lad'

If you'd taken the time to even read the responses you've been given in your previous threads you would've noticed all sorts of folks trying their hardest to help you find something that might work, including me.
    Maybe it is just you don't comprehend wordz very good.

From one of my previous responses;

" Dekang - Nport or Portal blend. = Newport
    Vape wild - Menthol type tobacco menthol
    Halo - Hybrid,
    Or some folks mix Halo Sub Zero, Menthol Ice or Frost bite with one of their tobacco's like Tribeca, Turkish, Torque 56, Longhorn or Freedom juice.
    Vape Dudes - Classic Tobacco or American standard mixed with Pure Menthol or Ice Ice.

To find something that specific is going to be trial & error or DIY, especially if you want it to tase like any cigarette.
    DYI = do it yourself as in blend / mix raw ingredients or blend / mix finished store bought liquids to create flavors you might like. "
    Or you might like any one of the above straight out of the bottle.

From another one of my previous responses;

" No one can tell you what you will like or what will work best for you.
    Vaping is all a matter of personal preferences, what one or hundreds love, you may hate.

Usually starting nic levels are loosely based on how many packs of cigs a person smokes per day.
    Above ohm delivery devices, not nic salts,
    2 packs per day - 24 mg/ml
    1 pack - 12 mg/ml
    10 cigs per day - 6mg/ml

Sub ohm,
    Cut the above in half to start adjust up/down as necessary.

I have no idea how it would cross to something like a Juul / My.VonErl pod type.
    If I were to use a pod style it would be the MyVonErl.
    A Pico & nautilus2 would be a good start also, a few different Ω heads to try, long battery life lots of features. "

Just two examples.
    Yep, I sure sound "against your posts", even down right unhelpful.

Last edited:

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    I've been vaping for approximately 10 months. I have of course first started on the traditional tobacco flavors. And then it was tobacco blends. However recently I've been trying more sweeter and fruitier type of eliquids. Is it normal for a ex cigarette smoker /tobacco flavor vapor guy to start looking at all of the other marvelous flavors out there. Did anybody else go through a similar experience? Just curious thank you for your response.
    When I started vaping, I only vaped unflavored with 24mg nicotine. I in no way wanted any flavors! I vaped this mixture for about 3 months. I then added vanilla and was very happy with it. About my 6th month, the sales clerk that had helped me from day 1 had me try one of his special flavors. He called it Rumchata and I was in love. After that, I started trying different flavors at the B&M. I am now DIY my juice with a fruit flavor. It is Mango Cream at 5mg. I have others but I'm am loving my Mango Cream.
    Oh, congratulations on 10 months. :thumbs:

I started with tobacco flavor then moved onto Vanilla.Now i only vape "unflavored" which to me has the best,authentic flavor of them all.
    This is how I started. Keep it up.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I've been vaping for approximately 10 months. I have of course first started on the traditional tobacco flavors. And then it was tobacco blends. However recently I've been trying more sweeter and fruitier type of eliquids. Is it normal for a ex cigarette smoker /tobacco flavor vapor guy to start looking at all of the other marvelous flavors out there. Did anybody else go through a similar experience? Just curious thank you for your response.

I’ve only been vaping a few months but my experience was similar to yours. I started with Naked 100 Euro tobacco and NET vapes then tried a vanilla tobacco then vaped some of my roommates extensive fruit vape liquids. I rarely vape the Euro Gold unless I add a flavor in it.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2017
    I’ve only been vaping a few months but my experience was similar to yours. I started with Naked 100 Euro tobacco and NET vapes then tried a vanilla tobacco then vaped some of my roommates extensive fruit vape liquids. I rarely vape the Euro Gold unless I add a flavor in it.
    I have some of that on hand. I don't like it too much you're right it needs something but I don't have anything to put in it so it just sits there. I could steal some of my wife's coconut .
    Sssshhhh she'll never know.

Reactions: Eskie

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
    It's perfectly normal. I never thought I would grow out my 36mg perique or desert ship, but I did. My adv now are watermelon and COLA. Once the addiction is quelled from smoked tobacco, the mind starts to look at more variety as it always does.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    I was thinking vanilla and key lime pie.
    Sure sounds good doesn't it
    10% Capella vanilla custard v1
    3% tfa key lime
    1% fa cold pressed lime
    3% tfa vanilla bean ice cream

A little fa cookie will give it a crust. Maybe .5-1% . Graham cracker would work too....

Thank me later

Last edited:

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    10% Capella vanilla custard v1
    3% tfa key lime
    1% fa cold pressed lime
    3% tfa vanilla bean ice cream

Thank me later

I got some flavors made by Liquid Nicotine Wholesale, I really like.

3% LNW Key lime Pie
    1% LNW Sweet Cream

Steep for a couple days to let graham cracker settle

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Yeah I'm going to have to learn how you guys and ladies are doing this.. I usually pay around $20 for 30 ml.
    Hmmmmm.
    If you can make buttered toast, you're over qualified .
    You should see about a $19.50 savings on 30ml when you make your own. Visit the diy threads. They'll get you up to speed.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    DIY is one of my favorite things about vaping. After some research and a few startup costs, it is indeed far cheaper than storebought juice.

What I like about it, (having been at it a while) is the ability to flavor to my tastes. Don't get me wrong, I can flavor to other people's tastes as well. For most folks coming from storebought, I ask what they like/dislike, maybe let then pick their "dominant" flavor, tell them to go away, and then overflavor it (for me), but I have had 0 complaints, and the people I make juice for would be complainers, I'm quite sure, one of them being my son. He was blown away, despite my having cooked for him for almost two decades, LOL.

But, now that my tastebuds have returned, the ability to have Total Control over my juice is fantastic. I can start steeping when I know I need to, I don't have to "wait" for storebought juice that may not arrive fully steeped anyway, and I can experiment and have fun. I can also do it with little risk, as if I'm making a brand new mix, I can mix a taster sample. Plus, the increasing complexity that I've added to my recipes only gets more fun, not less fun. It's really great, and if you are willing to put in the (fairly minimal once you get going) time in, about once a month, you can have freshly steeped, "artisanal" (LOL, just had to throw that in there) juices. I have won many juices and purchased a few, and while there were several I quite liked, I also found that even with storebought flavors, I can amend them to reduce that "sickly sweet" if it occurs, or overflavoring, which often occurs. It's really rare for me not to do something to a storebought juice these days, even if just amending nic levels, or a bit of dilution plus adding something else, to really turn it into something I will love. This is an area where being creative can just be so much fun.

I have the added security of much nic in the freezer and the knowledge that no one can take DIY away from me now, or in the future, and I like having that self-sufficiency. It can be painful, but until I'm fairly certain I will have enough nic for my needs far into the future, I buy a liter of 100 mg/ml nic salts during every "big" sale. The cost does and will pay for itself, and I'm getting pretty close to "done" with my nic purchases.... :)

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread