The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

An interesting observation.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Vaperer, Feb 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    I can cook from scratch, smoke, bbq, grill any meat known to man, mix a fine drink, grow harvest my own & blend my cows food, and I flat out suck at making my own e liquid, despite hundreds of attempts.
    But, I know a guy that is a virtuoso of all things e liquid.

The majority of folks always say how easy it is to DIY, hasn't been my experience, at all.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    I'd guess tobaccos would be a little tougher. I like custards. They're easy .

• Like Like x 3
  3. Topwater Elvis

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    I don't know, I tried replicating a green apple / watermelon I occasionally enjoy, using the same ingredients as my guy, under his supervision, using his equipment, it was foul, like chewing aluminum foil, Lemmon grass & unripened watermelon rind. 2 flavoring ingredients Pg nic/ Vg is hard to screw up, supposedly.
    Watched him do it 3 minutes later, the result was wonderful.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    totally normal ...

4 years ago when I first discovered vaping to quit smoking, I bought an eVic, some Marlboro24 juice and some watermelon juice.
    went home, loaded up the watermelon and I was good to go ... never even tried the Marlboro24.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    That is really weird.... Are you saying the right "secret" words as you mix? You know, "Let this mix not be affected my [insert whatever here]? Because that sounds so strange. I actually have NO advice because that has never been my DIY experience. I kind of approached it with the attitude I'd be fantastic at it (unlike coilbuilding and RTAs, which was a lot harder, and I expected it to be). Oh, I could get all mystical and quote the guy who "said stuff" to purified water, nice things and mean things, and it somehow "caught the vibe" and changed its structure, accordingly only I'm not exactly sure I believe in that guy and his pics.

I will say there's a possibility that we all carry around frequencies or WHATEVER that determines our strengths. I mean, I can wilt a plant by looking at it, I have what you call a "black thumb." My dad and my kid are both excellent gardeners. I am not. Fortunately there are supermarkets for that thing.

I was complaining to my mom once that I CANNOT bake bread, the husband can and even supervised me, because I was getting all frustrated, and he said I did everything "right." Only it came out a shriveled mess. I was pretty disappointed with my efforts and told my mom how I felt like a failure and couldn't bake bread. Her response, "Anna, LOTS of people can make bread. You don't have to feel bad if you can't, given you can obtain it at any supermarket, in fact feel good that it's just BREAD." LOL, I was really upset by my failure to complete bread-making, ever, but in the end, she was right. I must have done something horrible to yeast in my youth that I cannot remember....

Anna

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Topwater Elvis

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    I don't know, my unflavored always comes out fine and what I call double two step & my wife's 7 leaves I can make no problem, but I don't really like either, too sweet.

I know what ya mean, my wife can't make bread or an edible peanut butter cookie, but has no problems with anything else.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    My wife can make reservations.:blink:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. evan le'garde

evan le'garde Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2013
    I do sometimes wonder what would happen if a net flavour was distilled and re vaped. Not saying manufacturers should give it a try, that would be too expensive !. Although if that's what it takes to make an authentic tobacco flavour i've no doubt vapers would pay a premium.

Still an interesting idea for any flavour none the less.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. vapdivrr

vapdivrr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Been vaping 7 years, 6 of those years with rebuildable tanks. like most, started with something that tasted like a cigarette but then went to coffee's, then bakery , then custards, then fruits, then back to coffees and backery. About a year and a half ago tried tobacco NETS from HHV and been there ever since. I still love coffees and occasionally a sweet bakery type of juice, but the tobacco NETS are really good, at least from there. A great NET compared to a blueberry muffin juice is like comparing a great cigar or a fine cognac to Boones farm wine , but that's just my stupid opinion and what really matters is what you like and to like it enough to keep vaping and never smoke again

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Fredman1

Fredman1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Just have to give that a big AMEN !!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I was a menthol smoker. Unless non-menthol happened to be more cheaply available at the moment.

When I started I bought a few flavors with my kit. No tobaccos. A menthol and a couple others. Luckily my brother had bought a few flavors too. (We started at the same time.) The menthol was ok. Better than most of the flavors by a little. But, the Caramel Macchiato that my brother had bought was fantastic! It was my ADV for the first year.

Caramel Macchiato is sickeningly sweet to me now. Now I vape Tiramisu, among others. Which brand is your Coffee Cake flavoring? That sounds promising.
    Another thing to be warned about. Your tastes will change. Don't stock up too much, especially for the first year. What you love at first, you may end up hating in a few months.
    That's terrible! How long has it been? You might try a little experiment with the flavorings that are already combined, like Lucky Shot or Lotta Latte. It's such a shame to miss out on such incredible savings.

With me, it's the pre-made stuff that tastes terrible. Either that or just way too strong.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Spring Vapor Coffee Cake

I've been doing DIY for a few months now, and had been looking for an easy DIY recipe for coffee cake. All the recipes that I've come across use eight or more different flavorings. I decided for such complex recipes I'd rather find a pre-mixed commercial brand to buy. The Coffee Cake from Spring Vapor was the first that I tried and I have to say I'm not dissappointed at all.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. nicotineisbomb

nicotineisbomb Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    This may save me from eating actual dessert........ nicotine = loss of appetite and coffee cake flavor = delicious

• Like Like x 2
  14. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Thank you. That's one of the flavors I really want to try. But, i'm too cheap for that. Time for a flavoring search.

ETA: I just went looking. I can't find a Coffee Cake flavoring. Apparently Capella USED to have one. But, no more. So, premade or a complicated recipe. :(

• Like Like x 2
  15. Topwater Elvis

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    I just found an old bottle of an incredibly sweet juice I really loved before, in very limited amounts.

Vape Dudes Pineapple upside down vape, just put a few drops in a dripper, wow just wow man.
    Talk about gets better with steeping, this stuff has got to be 3 years old....

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I don't know if you DIY, but I have a very nice and simple recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I make batches for myself as well as a couple of other folks who can't get enough of it. Best if steeped for at least a week.

Pineapple Upside Down Cake (30 ml)
    25 ml Nic Base
    3 ml Vanilla Cupcake (Capella)
    1.2 ml Sweet Pineapple (INW)
    1.2 ml Brown Sugar (TFA)
    0.6 ml Butter (LorAnn)​

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Topwater Elvis

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    I appreciate it, the 5 hits I took of this sweet liquid will last me a month or two, without vaping anymore of it.

So the remaining 20ml will last me a couple years, probably more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. vapdivrr

vapdivrr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Where did he get the nets? I have only been vaping nets fir over a year and 99 percent come from hhv. I have tried a couple others from NET.com , a highly recommend place and they were awful imo. They actually tasted like a burnt ashtray and smelled nasty, nothing like the nets I vape from heathers. Maybe he got them from heathers and if so, it's just something you don't like.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I got them from HHV, upon the "NET recommendation" thread's thread collective recommendation. I didn't expect to like them, and he is 50 pg so it's hard to really notice the taste as I inhale tiny needles through my respiratory system. I was just checking his tank and making sure everything was vaping right.

He autocratically, "Demanded" I get him some juices "he" would "like" and "he" "likes" NETs apparently. I did my best to give him the best of the worst (IMO). LOL. He never paid for them either. I told him to buy his own next time.... But yes, for tobacco needles, they weren't the WORST thing I ever tasted.

I should probably vape his vapes again. He's still smoking enough to perhaps not notice if his coil is burnt.

Oh, joy. :)

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fredman1

Fredman1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Try this Anna. Its glorious. It'll make you feel like you're smoking again....It comes in 100VG...no needles :D
    Bit pricey but they have a special atm...
    20180209_123944.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.