• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

An observation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwsp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
USA/MY/SG
been playing wif mods n atties awhile now n have come to notice something fairly annoying n mildly disappointing, n wonder if I'm e only one. :c

we all know the current laws against vaping on this island and the extreme difficulties (if not impossible-ness) most of us have of 'acquiring' any vaping gear - not to mention quality/high-end ones..

I do come into sg vapers quite frequently to see the happenings locally n to keep up with the local scene.

what I see here seems quite encouraging on e surface.. newbies coming in n not-so-newbies moving on to rba's n more advanced vaping gear.. a generally healthy development n have managed get acquainted with a bunch of very decent vaping kakis..

n I see alot of pple talking about their next mod/atty in their conversations here - usually very decent upgrades from the starter kits most of us begin with..

now comes the annoying part. I do not understand why, when locals put up their items for sale in the classies thread, it is usually bought by non-locals n not one of our own??

let's ignore the price-gouging minority who usually would quickly get blacklisted (at least in a few groups i know there r some common names whom we will usually not wanna deal with. ever. ;) :D)

EVERYBODY I know personally in sg vaper do not price-gouge. but what makes it sad is when I meet up with somebody n we talk about updating vaping gear, e conversation usually goes like this:

"just sold my *mod/atty*"

"really? to who?"

"some ang mo in *some foreign land*."

"huh? no local takers ah? u sell how much leh?"

*usually price mentioned will be cost + shipping rounded up, or current market price in classies for hotter/rarer items*

den I come back in sg vaper n someone would say he is looking or has been looking for that mod/atty which has just been sold n starts complaining about how difficult it is to find it.. what gives?!

we all know how difficult it is to find one locally. so when it's here already, why would we not wanna keep it here?!

KWA LIAO SIBEY PEK CEK!!!

... ... ... just my twenty-five cents rant, with a face to go along. =P

what do u think?

Last edited:

eyespan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
S.E.A
Don't like used goods? Hope you bring your own brand new plates and utensils when you go market to eat your breakfast. :p

Actually I do find it perplexing too. When I sell my stuff its the MY brothers that recognise a good deal always within an hour of posting. Anyways, I am like James Bond. If you are a virgin and inexperience, I am not interested!:evil:

madhero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2011
Singapore
Actually I do find it perplexing too. When I sell my stuff its the MY brothers that recognise a good deal always within an hour of posting. Anyways, I am like James Bond. If you are a virgin and inexperience, I am not interested!:evil:

I'd have to agree with all of you. Some locals, if not most, aren't willing to grab a deal with another local. Which is weird, considering the risk taken. I remember when I first started out, I'd grab anything available, regardless of the price tag. I'd rather shell out extras then take the risk. But I guess that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread