Anatomy of Flavor RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
I personally found this rta distinctly average for flavor, and nowhere near as good as my Serpent 25. Also the loudest of anything I've ever used. YMMV.

Good to know. So the standard Serpent deck is the better deck. I do like the SMM Troll style juice holes though.

Reactions: stols001

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
The SMM has a far easier build deck. After about a dozen builds of various sizes and different heights I just couldn't quieten the noise or get the comparable flavor.

I recently ordered the SMM for a small mod I have, so I'll be having a go at it soon. :p

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
For that power level I’d stick with a smaller 1 coil tank. These dual coil tanks work best at 50 to 70 watts and like a lot of airflow. 25 watts with these is far too weak to work well at all. My suggestion would be to look at the Wotofo Serpent SMM. You want a tank that can concentrate that low power vapor instead of diluting it. I wouldn’t go any bigger than that tank. An Augvape Merlin is a very good tank for 25 watts. I have one and it’s easy to coil and wick. As far as juice capacity, a low powered tank is going to generally be smaller and hold less juice, but it’ll made the best use of the low power to be enjoyable. Now if you could find an old Kanger SubTank. That works at a low power and holds 7.5ml! I have one of those, but they're so huge and awkward and would look ridiculous on my mod, plus I like something that can handle over 50 watts.
Thanks that is true - I had not checked if they were single coil. I am using a Geekvape 25 RTA with one coil and there is a ceramic plug to block off the space for the second coil. That tank holds 6.2 ml and I want to find other larger capacity ones so I will check out your suggestions.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Thanks - that is super helpful to me. Great writeup. I really like RTA's and have been having issues finding larger capacity ones. The Vandy Vape is attractive :) and looks good with a 6ml capacity so I am going to check that out. The wire info is helpful, too. I vape in the 25 watt range .5 to .6 coils.

To be honest I think that you’re not likely to find a higher capacity single coil RTA that will be equal in quality to what you have for your power level and have a higher capacity. The highest performers I know of and mentioned are all smaller capacity than yours. I do however think that one with a smaller atomizer for your power level would work better, but it would also have a smaller capacity.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
To be honest I think that you’re not likely to find a higher capacity single coil RTA that will be equal in quality to what you have for your power level and have a higher capacity. The highest performers I know of and mentioned are all smaller capacity than yours. I do however think that one with a smaller atomizer for your power level would work better, but it would also have a smaller capacity.
Thanks. It is just sooooo irritating to be filling my tank so frequently.

I mainly use a kanger topbox with a toptank and it is around 4ml so I have been using the 25RTA more and more. I just purchased a nebox on sale because of the 10ml capacity. Since I use a lot of kanger products I have the rba's and take it with me when out and about. For that one, the tank is great but not battery life.

I guess it might be time to graduate to a dual battery DNA box - which I have been thinking about -- and a dual coil high capacity rta.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Thanks. It is just sooooo irritating to be filling my tank so frequently.

I mainly use a kanger topbox with a toptank and it is around 4ml so I have been using the 25RTA more and more. I just purchased a nebox on sale because of the 10ml capacity. Since I use a lot of kanger products I have the rba's and take it with me when out and about. For that one, the tank is great but not battery life.

I guess it might be time to graduate to a dual battery DNA box - which I have been thinking about -- and a dual coil high capacity rta.

As far as a new mod goes, you might want to take a look at the Vaporesso Polar. I recently bought one and it’s a sweet vape. I’m a long time temperature control vaper and besides some snazzy features and a fab display the temperature control mode works great. Very high quality. The tank it comes with is an excellent mesh tank that holds 6.5ml. It wants about 45 watts or more with the installed mesh coil (they have lower powered ones too), but the flavor is fantastic. It’s one of my favorite tanks now.

IMG_5346 Polar.jpg

Reactions: chellie

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
As far as a new mod goes, you might want to take a look at the Vaporesso Polar. I recently bought one and it’s a sweet vape. I’m a long time temperature control vaper and besides some snazzy features and a fab display the temperature control mode works great. Very high quality. The tank it comes with is an excellent mesh tank that holds 6.5ml. It wants about 45 watts or more with the installed mesh coil (they have lower powered ones too), but the flavor is fantastic. It’s one of my favorite tanks now.

View attachment 761973
Thanks. Looks really nice. I use both wattage and tc --mostly wattage. I have a few mods that honestly I am overall pleased with. I'd say I am a medium cloud chaser -- do not need to chuck huge billows of vape. I'd say flavor is very important to me. I was a very heavy smoker and stopped years ago when I started vaping. I just hate constantly refilling my tank (I vape lots) so I usually have 2 or 3 mods/tanks in use. My next mod purchase is going to be one with a DNA chip and then maybe a dual coil RTA with a decent tank capacity.

Reactions: UlkaHuren

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Thanks. Looks really nice. I use both wattage and tc --mostly wattage. I have a few mods that honestly I am overall pleased with. I'd say I am a medium cloud chaser -- do not need to chuck huge billows of vape. I'd say flavor is very important to me. I was a very heavy smoker and stopped years ago when I started vaping. I just hate constantly refilling my tank (I vape lots) so I usually have 2 or 3 mods/tanks in use. My next mod purchase is going to be one with a DNA chip and then maybe a dual coil RTA with a decent tank capacity.

I go for best flavor and I’ve used pretty much TC mode for over two years and I know all the technical minutia of. My mods have either YiHi or OMNI chips, which have been very fab. DNA is top notch as well, but with other top notch chips for less out there I couldn’t justify the high price.

My current “blows all the other tanks away” flavor tank is a Boreas V2 in short mode. Only thing is that it only holds 2ml that way. It still rocks flavor in the full 5ml size though. That and the Troll RTA are the best dual coil flavor tanks I’ve ever used.

tac_driver

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2017
Texas
Since you like flavor so much you might want to look into getting a squonk mod and use the RDA for the best flavor available and high capacity of juice

For instance I have the pulse 80w regulated squonk mod with a NarCA RDA the juice bottle holds 8 mils of liquid
For me it's the best of both worlds high capacity and extraordinary phenomenal flavor from my favourite RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread