Intake by Augvape Came Today: Giving it a Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
So I came across the Augvape Intake RTA and after studying the insides I decided I had to try one. It was a project Mike of MikeVapes came up with. A very unique configuration channeling the airflow from the top via a pair of tubes to under the coil instead of to the sides like all the top airflows I’ve seen. Very nicely made and the post slots clamp my 26-32 clapton wire in solidly. I’m not so much a fan of Philip screws, but the supplied tool engages them precisely and the head slots are deep. I doubt you’ll strip the heads.

I decided to get something other than black so I got the blue one. It’s not as shiny as I thought it would be and the top cap is a tad darker than the rest, but it’s ok. Kind of wish the rest was the darker shade. Shoulda went for the gunmetal maybe. Size-wise it’s just a tad higher than a Troll RTA and wider if you use the bubble glass. The bayonet 1/4 twist off top is very smooth and easy to twist. I wish my other tanks had this.

I set it up with the 26-32 clapton, SS316L, 2.3mm dia, 6 wraps, 0.46 ohm. The wick is firm through the coil and just even with the bottom of the juice holes. I’m using it in TC mode at 220°C or about 30W.

The airflow is very quiet and wide open is about the airflow of my Troll or Boreas V2 RTAs 1/3 open. Very nice tank for a single coil and the flavor is really good. It won’t touch my Boreas V2, but snazzy for a single coil. I’d put good use on this tank though. It’s certainly one of the best single coil tanks I’ve used and there’s no doubt that it’s leakproof. Totally safe to carry anywhere and not leave any stains. Can’t say that about my Boreas V2. The drip tip is a bit shorter than I use, but is very nice and a keeper. I dug out my old Target Pro and it looks quite fetching, the blue tank on the purple mod.

If you want a single coil tank; something to use at lower power, then I don’t think you can’t go wrong with this one. Mike came up with a very ingenious tank design. It’s so tubular! lol

7616DE79-562E-4952-A0B8-BA2C896740A7.jpeg

8FABD239-EFF2-4BA5-8455-67A10086B46D.jpeg
955F55D7-4AF7-44A1-A7FA-8806AD014F9D.jpeg
C46F1D38-901D-452E-8344-49FB6548D715.jpeg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Best wicking technique I've found is to wick like an Aromamizer tank. I keep it short and just gently fold it in to cover the juice well without anything going thru the little hole in the bottom of the well. I also keep it pretty thin and fluffed. Too much will cut flow off,and so far I've not had any flooding so long as the well is full like that.

Getting some wick through the juice hole worked ok for me but the fluff and gentle tuck just gives a bit better experience, especially when chain vaping it.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Best wicking technique I've found is to wick like an Aromamizer tank. I keep it short and just gently fold it in to cover the juice well without anything going thru the little hole in the bottom of the well. I also keep it pretty thin and fluffed. Too much will cut flow off,and so far I've not had any flooding so long as the well is full like that.

Getting some wick through the juice hole worked ok for me but the fluff and gentle tuck just gives a bit better experience, especially when chain vaping it.

With how I wicked mine the wick had to be in the juice hole close to halfway or the coils would pop and crackle from too much juice. One thing I’ve figured out is that you only need to precisely setup one juice well since that’s the one that controls the amount of air getting into the tank to allow the juice to flow. The juice otherwise will wick from all holes equally.

Reactions: mackman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread