Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I'm stumped. I honestly don't get it. I clean and dry burn Fluxos and Visions all the time, and have never had these problems. I've thrown out Fluxos because the wicks were frayed badly from taking the tubes on and off so many times, but the coil still fired. The only ones I've ever popped was a time or two when I've forgotten to lower the voltage on my PV before dry burning.

rwguessjr

May 24, 2011
baton rouge
nope just got my vision stone loved it and first time cleaning it died. died the first day i had it... very sad since i loved it so much... my cheapie boge cartomisers will dry burn for 5 minutes and last and last too bad that a cheap pos can outlast a vision... i wish vision made the coils like boge then they would be the best product on the market... my 2 cents.

Pilirock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2011
fullerton,ca
i don't know maybe i've been doing it wrong but this works for me.

I put the ce2 and the visions under hot water for about 1-2 min each , holding it with anything other than my fingers as to not get burnt. then I fill the sink and let them sit in the hot water for 30 - 60 min. take them out and blow dry each for about 5min, get all the water out of the wick, cup and connector .

put on the ego vv @ 3.2 or 3.5 and dry burn 5 sec, stop, 5 sec stop, when everything turns white around the coil , I stop , blow on it, and dry burn again. put on the plastic, dry burn to make sure it works and then fill juice , etc....

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
i think the vinegar killed the last vision. probably didn't like soaking for over 24 hours. definately part of the problem is the coils getting gunked from the sweet juice, going to remedy that soon. but its clear that vision coils are not up to the same specs as ce2 coils.

Can't say that I agree with the soaking Killed your Carto because there are Hundreds of Members who soak their Cartos with No Problems.

But I Can agree that Sweet e-Liquids "gunk" up a Carto Faster than Non-Sweetened e-Liquids.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
i think the vinegar killed the last vision. probably didn't like soaking for over 24 hours. definately part of the problem is the coils getting gunked from the sweet juice, going to remedy that soon. but its clear that vision coils are not up to the same specs as ce2 coils.

I don't know. To me, they look like the same coils. But the sweet juices will certainly gunk up the coils faster; thus requiring more frequent cleaning. The trick to cleaning and dry burning isn't to burn off the big clod of gunk on the coil. It's to avoid getting the big clod of gunk to accumulate to begin with.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... The trick to cleaning and dry burning isn't to burn off the big clod of gunk on the coil. It's to avoid getting the big clod of gunk to accumulate to begin with.

This is a Very Good Point.

And since I Refuse to give up My Sickly Sweet DIY mixes, it made me find a way to keep the "Gunk" ball down to a Minimum.
That’s where the Detek Brush wipe comes in for me at Refill.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
This is a Very Good Point.

And since I Refuse to give up My Sickly Sweet DIY mixes, it made me find a way to keep the "Gunk" ball down to a Minimum.
That’s where the Detek Brush wipe comes in for me at Refill.

As I understand it, and I'm no chemist, the black gunk is carbon; and there's no chemical that I'm aware of that will simply dissolve carbon. It needs to be removed. The Dentex brushes do a pretty good job, if you're careful.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
I don't know. To me, they look like the same coils. But the sweet juices will certainly gunk up the coils faster; thus requiring more frequent cleaning. The trick to cleaning and dry burning isn't to burn off the big clod of gunk on the coil. It's to avoid getting the big clod of gunk to accumulate to begin with.

they may look the same, but killing one of the Ce2's is quite difficult.

i may have to get a dentek brush soon, but of course that isn't going to work on a stardust.

as for the vinegar, I don't know what to tell you, the vision wouldn't even fire up after leaving it in there for 24 hours and it was working fine before it went in there.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
As I understand it, and I'm no chemist, the black gunk is carbon; and there's no chemical that I'm aware of that will simply dissolve carbon. It needs to be removed. The Dentex brushes do a pretty good job, if you're careful.

I'm not a Chemist either, but I'm not Familiar with too many things that can "dissolve" Any Element.

Vinegar doesn't need to Completely Dissolve a Compound. If it acts more as a Surfactant and Reduces the Surface Bonds between the "gunk" and the Wick/Coil that is Good Enough for me.

;)

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
Glad to see I'm not the only one who fries her Visions on a regular basis. I adore AVE Gorilla Juice, but that stuff is brutal and I mean BRUTAL on these Visions. Pretty much any 100% VG juice does a number on them, but the darker juices particularly gunk them up. I've had modest success with running boiling hot water through them via syringe power wash, then soak, then let them dry, then dry burn. Still, I'm about to give up vaping 100% VG (and my beloved AVE juices) through them. The only 100% VG juice that hasn't nuked them was some of the clear flavors with a thinner VG base.

I'm finding that I have to be super careful with the dry burn cycle on these Visions, but when I am careful I can get about a month out of them. They're still the best thing I've vaped on to to date, but I'm sad that they get gunked up so quickly. I can't tolerate a lot of PG in my juice (slight allergy to it) so this is just something I'm going to have to figure out.

The Fluxos are pretty much the same way, although the Fluxies are cheaper per pack, so it's easier to justify frying a Fluxie than a Visions.

Is this just one of those vapers dilemnas that we all go through? *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread