We are proud to announce a new addition to our OMG line of mods

Introducing the new OMG VV Kit!!

OMGBlackKit.jpg

[h=2]Quick Overview
[/h]
  • 3-6V Volt Operation with a single battery
  • Unit is 510 threaded but we include a 510 to 808 adapter
  • Comes with a 18500 Battery and charger
  • 1 1.5 Ohm Dual Coil tank, 1 2.0 Ohm Single Coil Replacement Cart, and 1 3.0 Ohm replacement Cart are included
  • 1 30ml bottle of Juice is included

OMG VV Kit - OMG Mods - Shop Our Products | Vapor4Life

BlueOMGVVwtank.jpg

blackomgvvwithbluetank.jpg

blackomgvvbyitself.jpg

blueomgvvnotank.jpg

Last edited:

Dirtay J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
hello all. I have been lerking around here for awhile again since i got back into vaping and have kicked the analogs again and hopefully for good! After getting my OMGAD i have been looking into VV mods. I had a few questions. Is it a 2 button design or 3? All the pics i see only show the + and - buttons i was wondering if there was a fire button too or if it used one of those. Also how about IMR batteries? Will they work or will the high drain be a issue? and what size are the batts? i'm assuming they are 18500 being that it is 1600mAh. Also does it have the ability to show the Carto resistance? Thanks

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I keep up to date on just about every VV Mod on the market and I can honestly say I have never seen this before. This appears to be some obscure variation of the LavaTube, but the Lavatubes from L-rider or Young June are a solid one-piece 4-button design with an end cap. Both allow the user to check the resistance of the cartomizer along with many other menu features. I don't believe this is either an L-rider or Young June device but some obscure variation of a Lavatube.

What is the Amp Switch Limit?
Can I check battery voltage?
Can I turn off the LED?
Can I check the atomizer Ohms vs Resistance (already know resistance is a no)?
Are there safety features for my and the unit's protection, if so please list them?
Who makes this and what other devices do they make?
How accurate is the voltage on-load and off-load?
Does it have a drip-well for Drip Atomizers?
Who makes the battery it comes with?
A 2 piece design, how do the pieces join together, theaded or some other means?
How durable is it and what happens if I drop it?
Has it ever been sold on the open market?
Are the buttons rated, if so what are they rated at?
Is there a special warranty, like a 1-year full replacement warranty?
Is the tube metal, if so what kind and is it well machined, do both ends line up smoothly?
How long did you guys test it in-house, if so we should be able to expect a quick reply...right?
When was this unit released, recently or months ago?
Will the unit detect shorting issues and will it display Error Codes?
Will V4L carry 510 replacement Tank Cartos?

I'd love to learn more about it. There are a lot of proven 3+ Amp VV Mods on the market today, many of which are well under $100.00 bundled or not. When something is cool it's cool for a reason, anything less just makes it Kool-Aid. After 2 years VV mods are nothing new, LED menus are nothing new, 3.5 Amp to 5 Amp switches are nothing new, buttons rated for 10,000,000 uses are nothing new, multi-function menus are nothing new, 7-8 layers of protection is nothing new, and 1-year full replacement warranties are nothing new.

New product, shiny, displays the date and time, has funny easter egg message at turn-off, and we sell it...are certainly interesting selling points....just tell me why this unit is the one to buy over others? What makes it unique, better, "cool" and worthy of my $100.00. If I buy this unit am I buying a great device or I am basically paying to be a beta-tester who will be out of warranty after 90 days?

Many have asked me why the V4L batteries are the best of the KRs, what makes them different, and I can easily note why they are the best of the best. Better draw, premium cells, switches, higher mAh, longer cut-off times, premium finishes, and jeweled LEDs flash code logic.

Not meaning to troll, I have been around too long and you know me better than that. But these are the real questions that need to be asked, questions that newbs and first-time Mod buyers are unaware of and fans will just gloss over. It used to be $100 wouldn't buy much in the VV world, those days have dramatically changed.

If I go to my local Golf Equipment dealer and they are selling a new $400 Callaway Driver you'd better believe I would want to know exactly why and what makes it so special before I laid down my cash.

In any case..."Thank you Wader!!!" for the announcement. :)

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
I agree, the 2 piece design (and not having that 'extra' button under the plus/minus) both kinda threw me, from the ones I'm used to seeing / ones I own. Also, on one of the pics above the two parts don't seem to line up well, so I'm interested to hear more about that too.

Also, regarding the endcap, how well machined are the threads? Both my LTs feel very rough when I change batteries, and I don't have a lot of faith in the longevity of them. Going by the pics, it looks similar to one of the ones I have (molded plastic 'grip' around the actual metal endcap).

I'm interested to hear the answers to your very good questions Sir SD. :)

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
I think it looks similar to the Vision Tox? But I too would be interested in the answers to Snow's questions.

Good call, i think you nailed it... Interchangeable heads/battery tubes, puff count, date/time, 'easter egg' message all present. Hopefully these are the V3 ones, as I've read a lot of issues with V1 and V2. Also, the clock feature doesn't seem useful if you have to reset it every battery change (assuming it's the same deal here).

Last edited:

LadyStrick9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado
I just wanted to welcome you to the forum Dirtay J :) Someone else will answer your tech questions. I'm glad you made the switch again! WTG!

hello all. I have been lerking around here for awhile again since i got back into vaping and have kicked the analogs again and hopefully for good! After getting my OMGAD i have been looking into VV mods. I had a few questions. Is it a 2 button design or 3? All the pics i see only show the + and - buttons i was wondering if there was a fire button too or if it used one of those. Also how about IMR batteries? Will they work or will the high drain be a issue? and what size are the batts? i'm assuming they are 18500 being that it is 1600mAh. Also does it have the ability to show the Carto resistance? Thanks

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
From what I read above, and what I have read about the Vision Tox (haven't gotten official confirmation, but the pics make it pretty plain that's what this is)

* Fire button on opposite side, shown on followup picture posted above
* The Vision Tox can use IMR batts, so assuming this unit is one of that type , then yes.
* I don't see anywhere that says that it does show the resistance, still researching that though.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Good call GrannyM, you nailed it. This one must of slipped pass my radar, maybe for good reason. Here is Phil's review on it, Phil is always one of my 3 go to people for unbiased reviews.

Hmmm...well that doesn't seem to cool at all.

Well, let's hope that this is the new and improved Version 3. Perhaps the ability to show resistance will be one of the Version changes and identify which version this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread