Status
Not open for further replies.

silentdoom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
MO
I just received this yesterday. AGA-T Genesis R/A - $39.99 : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More Had a couple of problems with hot spots between the coil and posts. Kinda figured that out. This morning, I kept this and my provari in my pocket. Was fine for about an hour.. One time I pulled it out of my pocket, provari covered with juice! this was NOT leaking from the air hole. I understand we cant keep these in our pockets, but I put the airhole so it faces up. I notice the tank and metal werent held together very tight at all. Way more than wiggle room loose. I think this is where my problem happened. I can't seem to be able to screw down the last nut on the post, It just turns the entire center post? This sucks! I bought an iHybrid this morning and it seems like the genesis is going to end up making me mad. Someone should innovate to solve this problem. I know everyone has just learned to not lay their genesis down... but someone smart HAS to have thought of something?

So, can anyone help with this tank being loose?

qccraig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
It sounds like an assembly issue if you can't get the last nut on the positive post. Make sure the positive post and the tank caps are fully seated

It's a bummer you're having problems. I'd take it all apart, clean everything and carefully reassemble, checking the instructions as you go. Also, it is usually best to lubricate the o-rings that seal the tank with glycerin, glycol or juice when you reassemble. If any of the o-rings are damaged, replace them.

In addition, there's two insulators that separate the positive post from the body of the end caps. If the positive post gets to hot, it will melt the insulators and cause a leak. Make sure they're in good condition, if not, replace them.

If the above does not solve the leaking issue, you may have to keep it vertical or mix a thicker juice.

Hope this advice helps,

silentdoom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
MO
Figured out that from the shop, it wasn't completely put together. The 3 nuts were very secure but it wasn't screwed together internally? Weird. So I got it all put back together and I'm getting annoying shorts!!(E1)!!!!!!! This is my first genesis, but I had no problems with SS in the vivi nova OR vision eternity. Grr

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Figured out that from the shop, it wasn't completely put together. The 3 nuts were very secure but it wasn't screwed together internally? Weird. So I got it all put back together and I'm getting annoying shorts!!(E1)!!!!!!! This is my first genesis, but I had no problems with SS in the vivi nova OR vision eternity. Grr

it is a little tough with the initial set-up on the provari, its sensitive at first. its nice to have a mechanical mod also. if i have some issues with hotspots on the provari, i will put the genny onto my mechanical mod just to do some wire nudging. its so much easier to do this ,than with the provari. after its all worked out, back onto the provari.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I strongly recommend the rolling paper or drill bit method so you don't run into this problem with the coil.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Take all three nuts off the positive post.
Screw the upper and lower caps together. Snugly.
Replace the three nuts.

As this is my first AGA-T, I initially thought that the nuts held the top on. But because I am in the habit of washing my RBAs to remove the lubricating oil used in the manufacturing process, I found the same thing out (luckily before I made a coil or filled it.)

I initially tightened the three nuts and found the tank loose, then remembered that I had to unscrew the upper portion to remove the tank (duh lol). Screwed it snug and tightened the nuts, no issues.

Hopefully your issue is just operator error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread