another compatibility question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dupont

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2011
Washington DC
Hi All:

Like many, I started out buying several e-cigs and paying too much. Oh well, worth it to get off the analogs. And now that I found this forum, I'm shopping more wisely! But since I have several systems, I would like to get some life out of them.

I have a couple of batteries from Smoke Free Online E-cigarette Store | Electronic Cigarette E-cig. I can use the cartomizers that fit my nJoy nPro batteries on them, so I believe they are RN4081 batteries. But the charger I got with the smokefreeonline.com batteries has died, and the charger that came with the nJoy nPro batteries doesn't seem to work. So here are my questions:

1) Does that mean that the smokefreeonline batteries (same thread) are the opposite polarity from the nJoy's? and

2) Does anyone know where I can order a charger that will work with the smokefreeonline batteries?

I can order a charger from the smokefreeonline web site. But it's $35, and I'm a little miffed about spending too much with them to begin with.

Thanks for any help.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Just because batteries have compatible threading (in this case RN4081) does not mean the charger is compatible because there are clones around with opposite polarity for 510 and there may be for other models too. Unfortunately, smokefreeonline is a huge huge ripoff

The Npro should be RN4081. Try comparing the polarity markings on the battery screwin part of botht he Npro and smokefree chargers.

You could try asking AZSMokeFree.com is they know. They sell parts for some other rebrander ripoffs.

If they don't know then I suggest you start fresh with known equipment.

Last edited:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
dupont, you can always list the batteries on the ECF Classifieds Classifieds and swaps

As far as a charger, a DSE103/BE103 is compatible with the RN4081.

You can get a USB charger for the RN4081 cheap at Vaporkings.com ($6.95, and it also works with lots of different models so is a good thing to have around) and they carry PCCs, atomizers and cartomizers for that model. RN4081 (Njoy NPRO or SmokingEverywhere Gold)

dupont

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2011
Washington DC
Thanks for the reply, Helen. I think there is something "hinky" about the smokefreeonline batteries - maybe reversed polarity. So I plan to just give away those batteries if I can find someone who has that system/charger. I'll probably start locally (to avoid shipping), but may end up on the classifieds just to find these batteries a home.

And thanks for the Vaporkings.com recommendation. I'm pretty sure my nJoy nPro's are standard RN4081, and I'm looking for some good refillable cartomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread