The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Another day In the office.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Lordron's_Drag, Apr 7, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    Yep.

• Like Like x 2
  2. dom qp

dom qp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's not about judging each other, it's about optics: how the majority perceives vaping. Before posting anything I ask myself 'What would a non smoking/vaping person think when they see what I write/post as a result of a google search?'

When I see people do "pocket checks", "carry checks", or "hand checks" and there's hand guns, rifles, or even knives just casually sitting on a table you can bet I definitely do judge - as would other Non Americans I suspect.

My perception when I see people casually flash their weaponry or even vape clouds is the same I get when I see a kid with tattoos on the face, giant holes in the ears, or brightly dyed hair.

People can own and enjoy what they want, I don't care; and it's not about gun ownership (which I support). It's about priorities. When I see a kid with a facial tattoo I don't think we should limit that person's freedom to self expression or tell them what to do. What I do think is that this person is prioritizing self expression over job prospects and the ability to support one's self or one's family - their choice and they'll have to live with it.

In a World where mass shootings hit the news quarterly, the opinion on gun ownership ever divisive, vapes occasionally exploding and maiming, a growing incidence of nicotine addicted kids, and legislation for these issues pending; I just don't think it's tasteful or beneficial (for us) to post pictures that could cause further divide.

What i'm saying is that i'm all for blowing giant clouds and owning guns, I just don't think plastering images (that could be considered divisive or distasteful) is in the benefit of owners and users.

At the end of the day, having circles that border on being echo chambers is what causes division and tension. I'm not going to get my parents, grandparents, friends, co-workers, and family to support vaping by posting pictures of giant clouds.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Skeebo

Skeebo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

There was a time when "greasers", "hippies", and "generation X" were going to be the demise of society. It didn't happen, instead those people had a hand in making this current generation, that everyone judges just like those before us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dom qp

I don't think anyone is making that point or case. The amount of people that vape is incredibly low. We're likely fractions of a percent. We're not going to have a hand in making the next generation.

Rather the problem is that us 1% need to convince the 99% to hold the same views we do. That's why optics are so important.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    I stopped reading after the first paragraph.

This is a vaping forum. For like-minded people to discuss ALL things vaping, not to be judged for a style of vaping.

The person that posted the "juvenile" comment comes off as judgmental, and frankly, as a crabby old man.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. dom qp

ALL things vaping, save for things that impact optics. E.g. 'non nicotine' vaping. Which in spirit, doesn't disagree with my point of view.

I stopped reading after reading your entire reply.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Skeebo

LMAO!

• Like Like x 1
  8. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    provably untrue by your reference to it below
    which the poster did not do in the first paragraph. Or later, really. Use of the “G” word is the real issue I suspect. It seems to make people nuts. An optics control thing I think. Just not one about vaping.
    Who does? There’s a lot of crabby old man on this forum. It’s one of the reasons I like it really.

I like to get my crabby old man on. It’s fun. As do you it seems.

Judgemental would be “blowing big clouds is purely wrong”
    What was said though was “blowing big clouds in non-vapers faces could have unpleasant repercussions for the community because they don’t like it, and the community doesn’t have a lot of power”. Different thing. That’s cautionary with an eye to wider society.

Which you apparently know, though you chose to pretend you didn’t.

Turning one into the other is binary thinking, doublespeak, and false.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gpjoe

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Vaping is vaping and we are all vapers (0mg or 100mg). Somebody posted a picture IN A VAPING FORUM that he, and likely some other members, thought was amusing, and along come the vaping "fun governors" to express their displeasure with his style of vaping...and added a personal attack. It's not like he went to a crocheting forum and posted a picture that someone there might find offensive or shed a negative light on vapers. He didn't post an ambush video blowing the cloud into a baby carriage or even in the face of an adult...and his post was within the rules of the forum.

If you don't like it. just move along - no need to pass judgement, but apparently some folks can't - even though we are all in this together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    in a vaping forum on the internet searchable by google anyway
    it was. I liked it. I’m a vaper though. Most people aren’t.
    false. You do seem to have read “brave new world” though. Great book imho.
    possibly false. I don’t see any attack but I may have missed it
    true. It could have been worse
    *sigh* and we’re back to binary thinking. Lots of things are legal but not necessarily a great idea. The question I think is to what degree did the OP risk the safety of the community by posting the pic. Perhaps not as much as was worried about by the original commentator. Hard to know for sure though. Future hazy, ask again later.
    He didn’t. You keep saying that thing like it happened. And I strongly suspect you know that too because of the “brave new world” reference you made, I suspect in response to mine.
    Now there’s a stick that points both ways.

11. gpjoe

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Whatever. My point is that people need to lighten up. The boogeyman man is coming for us no matter what. I am of the opinion that the OP did no harm and was attacked - called a juvenile - for posting a vaping related photo within the forum rules. I'm pretty sure that a Google image search will pull up thousands of pics for the anti-vaping crowd.

That horse has already left the barn.

And no, I never read Animal Farm, but am a big fan of 1984.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Skeebo

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you here. The non-smoking public despises any sort of vaping: cloud chasing, MTL, pods, flavors, etc etc etc.
    The only people I've seen that despise cloud chasing are those in our own community.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lordron's_Drag

Lordron's_Drag Super Member

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    Wow been busy haven't been able to log in, Jesus I took a picture of myself enjoying the fact that I'm not broke smoking a cigarette butt I found on the ground ten or more co workers of vape. I really can't see or comprehend how blowing clouds could offend anyone. We all no it's harmless but some how all the negativity that comes with this awesome hobby habbit whatever is sinking into some of us. To be completely honest I have never given a fword what anyone thinks, now that I live a more acceptable life style I figured everyone that had something negative to say might ease up. Hell no I get hated on even more. HATERS GONA HATE. The reason I find people generally hate is cause they see me with my huge smile a d no worry attitude and it drives then nuts. Any ways not trying to ramble, I don't mind the hate it powers me up, I feed off your negativity turn it into inspiration. With that being said choke on this, I stay with my head in the clouds, keeps me close to jesus. 15551182062607104435661036163768.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lordron's_Drag
    This message by Lordron's_Drag has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Apr 13, 2019, Reason: Duplicate.
    Apr 13, 2019
  15. Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    PS the weather up here is great, hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  16. Skeebo

You're right, your head is definitely in the clouds.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    It's caused from the years and years of stupid behavior, then I was diagnosed with metal disorder while I was using, an wasn't re evaluated after I stopped using, so basically I was taking a huge dose of in needed anti physcotics. Look up permanent tardive dyskinesia, lmao I can't control muscles in my face. Lol it's not funny but I find it humourous so to the fact that I reached out for help and this is what happened

18. Skeebo

I was talking about your picture; I have no room to judge anyone or anything.

Keep that chin up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Um I just want to point out I'm not arguing this pro OR con.

The day I lose my sense of humor though, is the day I die. I may still be wandering the earth, feeding on human flesh like a zombie or whatever, but I die.

The day I stop judging others mentally, or sometimes even out loud and lose my controlling streak? Well, that is the day I get to stop going to al-anon. I also get to go to AA, (I am what can enigmatically be called a "Double winner, " in sense that I am both a fun loving irresponsible alcoholic AND the judgy relative who judges the alcoholic, wheee…)

Well the day I stop going, I am going to be a happy camper, I HATE that bunch and their judgmental, controlling attitudes.

So I guess I'm saying reading this thread is like going to a bar, and the coming home to lecture and blame myself. Thanks a lot.

Anna

• Love Love x 1
  20. Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    I don't judge anyone or anything I wouldn't even judge a cloud competition, I hate judges how can anyone person deem anyone anything other than a human. We can all point fingers, but think about it like this point your finger at some there's 3 fingers pointing back at you see lol. 15551671050923729875691157079439.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  21. Skeebo

My dad told me that when I was 7 years old. It was one of those childhood mind-blowing moments while I stared at a guy in a wheelchair. It took me two years to figure out what he meant.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.