The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Another day In the office.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Lordron's_Drag, Apr 7, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I enjoyed the visual aid. LOL.

Also, people who say they "don't judge" are kind of lying to themselves. Are you neutral on Hitler? Do you think ecigs are the same as smoking? We al judge, and make judgments on ALL sorts of stuff, it is necessary to say, things such as oh, intelligence, decision making, etc.

It's very easy to go the "I don't judge route." But I think perhaps what you are meaning to say is that hurtful, unkind and worthless judgements of things that don't really "need" to be judged are a bad idea.

I agree with you on that and I believe most sane people do.

It's just that a) people will have differing opinions on what is "hurtful" judgment and b) there are no people that I know of emulating Jesus and even HE was a bit judgmental about oh taxes and banks.

Jesus was great seriously. If you wanna get judgy. banks and taxes are a great place to start...

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    You know, my firm belief is everyone serves as the Duty Idiot in this life from time to time ... and wayhey sometimes it's great fun when your turn comes round - all you have you have do is let your hair down ( assuming you have any left that is ) and have a laugh!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I dont really think it juvenile , but perhaps a feeling of accomplishment in a way. Although only mtl, I have opened up a couple vaping videos with clouds. I'm not as impressed with them as much anymore , but dont have an issue with them as long as it's not in my face. The one thing I feel is that most dont think of the lungs in this aspect. Yes blow all you want as long as you dont smoke, but inhaling major clouds has to be more of a strain on your lungs then blowing small clouds. I just get the feeling when watching all the cloud blowers, that they perhaps think it's all totally harmless .

• Like Like x 2
  4. Skeebo

Skeebo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I actually don't think about it at all, one way or the other.

• Like Like x 3
  5. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I do, just the same as when I smoked. When I smoked I tried to keep it to a minimum as much as I could and never would think of sucking so hard to blow more clouds. I also looked at chain smoking as a bad thing and tried my hardest to never do it, so why is vaping so different? Yes its safer, but not good for you , so the less I do it the better and I just dont think most look at it that way , in fact it seems like most think it's good for them. Yes it's nice to get a set up working to its max, a sense of accomplishment especially in rebuildables, but I still understand that I am doing my body harm.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. Skeebo

The way you tell it dl vapers just don't seem to possess the same skills to look at vaping critically as you do. You don't actually think this is true, do you? If so, we can simply just stop this conversation now, or you can proceed on your own.

• Like Like x 1
  7. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Not sure what your getting at, I never singled out any type of vapor, all I'm saying is that most vapors, in general, feel that vaping is totally or very close to being harmless. Vaping is no different then any other addiction in that the more you do, the worse it is, period.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Skeebo

You posted the following:

I just get the feeling when watching all the cloud blowers, that they perhaps think it's all totally harmless .

Ummmm okay. I guess you're admitting now that your feelings are wrong. I agree 100%.

9. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

What cracks me up is the mtl vapers that use higher mg nic juice and more of it than I do thinking they'e doing it safer than I am dl'ing.
    And they vape flavours! and some even vape food colouring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Not vaping is likely better for your body's cells than vaping. That said, vaping is a great way to hopefully avoid the certain early death from smoking cigarettes. We all choose our own poison, whether it's fat, sugar, smoking, drugs, drinking too much alcohol, lack of exercise, or taking chances in many other ways.

Life on Earth is a killer. No one gets out of it alive.

11. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Definitely true......why would most do
    Yes , cloud blowers, that's exactly what I said.....your the one who said I was singling out a specific type of vapor. I even said that I, myself as a mtl vapor did it in vape videos. I simply am saying that most probably believe that vaping is totally harmless and never really think about it. I see this thinking all the time and when you see vape videos on how cool it is to excessively vape, more or less it has to be from those who think vaping is totally harmless. Imo, that's not a good message to portray. It seems to be a subject that is taboo or simply wiped under the table and our forever responses are, there is simply not enough research yet, but that's bull because you cannot believe that vaping 30mls per day is just as safe as vaping 2mls per day. More and more its becoming acceptable to vape massive amounts, chain vaping, and cool to show all this and its because of the notion that vaping is totally safe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jebbn

I dont know where you are seeing all that. All I ever see regarding the healthiness aspect of it is people like yourself and a few others jumping into every thread to mention how bad vaping is, and its not just this forum either. All through social medias and buzz feed type medias and media like fox and cnn etc its literally plastered everywhere that vaping is very unhealthful.
    I think most are aware that vaping is probably not the best thing to do if given the option of vaping or not vaping.
    I do think most people acknowledge and weigh up the risks and then just get on with life with what ever option they choose .
    You yourself have assessed the risk and continue to vape.
    I personally feel the risks of vaping are often over stated.

13. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Ok this proves my point, another that thinks vaping is harmless. Believe me, I love vaping, it has saved my life and I know for sure it's way way safer then smoking. My health has improved tremendously since I started vaping over 7 years ago and no doubt would rather see someone chain vaping 2 mods at a time then smoking. Vaping is harm reduction and in no way do I believe it's safe to do, come on man we are breathing in chemicals to our lungs every time we inhale. Common sense has to tell you this, right? There are studies that do show certain issues with vaping, and although I personally dont worry about them because I know I'm much better off vaping then smoking, I still know that breathing in flavorings that are not intended to be inhaled, pg, vg, and nic has to be not inhaled and are not healthy.....along with this, is more common sense in that the more you vape, the more chemicals you are inhaling . It's no different then smoking in this regard, someone smoking 5 cigs a day has less chance of danger then someone smoking 2 packs a day. I dont think my feelings on this are way out there, to me it's common sense. These are my opinions anyways and also believe that most who show off chaining and major clouds fall into this category of that they believe vaping is totally healthy. If those that think of vaping the way I do, simply aren't real proud of it, so most likely wouldn't show that off....

14. Jebbn

Dude, chill out, go back and re read my post that you quoted.
    Where did I say that vaping is harmless? Seriously, show me where I said that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. vapdivrr

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Sorry my friend, you asked me where I'm getting my info at, so it sounded as if you totally disagreed with me...I'm chillin

16. Skeebo

I don't think he reads what he quotes because he also somehow gathers that I said it was harmless too. He even goes as far to imply most/all DL vapers think vaping is harmless. It's difficult talking to someone who has that kind of mental process. He won't even look at this own thoughts critically and hardly recognizes what he's typed when you quote it. It's one of those situations where you have to realize, it's not even worth it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Hey, let's pretend we're all on the same side here, lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    But but but....

If we are all on the opposing side doesn't that mean we are all on the same side, technically?

I kid, I kid. I try to not talk about members out of turn, with the unabashed exception of Eprhaim Cooper.... @Ephraim Cooper I know you've moved on but there is a huge part of me that wants to send you a vin scrambler (yeah I realize that's cars... VPN? Maybe?) so you can come back to us.

I am guilty in this case, I repent.

Anan

19. MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Some years ago when I arrived here I cautioned…

If you behave like a criminal you will be treated like one.

This persistent dichotomy of attributed "smoker" character continues unabated. The product I believe of the decades we spent marginalized by edict into perceiving ourselves as hopeless addicts and socially worthless. It sticks to some of us, often most of us, like crazy glue.

It's not whether all or some of us are wrong or need change. Not the point at all. The flawed and baseless premises of law and bureacracy which would so subjugate people, any American, into such unresolvable conflict must change.

My rights end where your's begin. But we all have a right.

Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Skeebo

I always enjoy reading your posts. The above has me looking in the mirror, thanks!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.