Another mod accident but this one has me baffled

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
And this is where we're going to disagree.

You may not have seen it first hand, but I have. I have watched a group of "vapers" removed from an establishment for vaping in a place that was clearly marked "E-Cigarettes Prohibited from this Establishment" on the door as you enter. Again - negligence as these clowns proceeded to vape in this building, were asked repeatedly to stop, and finally removed. This has been seen multiple times too. At restaurants, bars, bowling alleys, pool halls, and businesses. Is it because they don't care? I don't know. I know the majority of vapers are probably decent people - but who do you see more of? Who do you hear about the most? I only see and hear about the "bad groups" of people - and so does the non-vaping community.
Well then there you go. They were removed as they should of been. Problem solved.
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't Colorado Springs a little more upscale than your
average town. I'm assuming the vapers your talking about are a bunch of spoiled rich
kids. That would make your accounts more believable. Here on the Eastside of Saint Paul
which consists of mainly lower middle to lower class neighborhoods we don't seem to
be having those sorts of problems. As a matter of fact I can't remember the last time
I seen a kid smoking a regular cigarette.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Well then there you go. They were removed as they should of been. Problem solved.
Correct me if i am wrong but isn't Colorado Springs a little more upscale than your
average town. I'm assuming the vapers your talking about are a bunch of spoiled rich
kids. That would make your accounts more believable. Here on the Eastside of Saint Paul
which consists of mainly lower middle to lower class neighborhoods we don't seem to
be having those sorts of problems. As a matter of fact I can't remember the last time
I seen a kid smoking a regular cigarette.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

LOL! There is some truth to that about some being spoiled rich kids. And yes, problem solved, but it still happened and it still happens. And me - as a vaper - do the best I can to quell the misinformation about who we are as a whole and even go out on a limb to apologize for the actions of the few. Where I'm originally from it's a bit different because of the same thing - lower to middle class, hard working people, that just obey the rules and respect one another as they should. Unless specifically given the "OK" to vape - I use good practices.

pbanj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2015
virginia, usa
www.gotbrew.org
I've never seen anybody vaping where you can't smoke.
And yes, vape shops and shows don't count.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
There is a store near me that had to add vaping to their no smoking sign. one can only assume it was a response to them telling people they couldn't do it in store. I just hope when they told whoever was doing it they couldn't the people didnt flip out.

No one said anything about vaping in a vape shop. Some people just like to read half a post and comment on it.

I'm pretty sure there is a thread on here talking about vaping in walmart. I stayed out of it as I would just end up yelling at the people.

pbanj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2015
virginia, usa
www.gotbrew.org
Pictures or it didn't happen.
mike
Pics of u only reading half my post? All you have to do is go back and actually read my post then read what you said. You will see it said nothing about vaping in a vape shop. If you really want I can take screen shots of it.

Reactions: danjaman

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
If you want I can send you a pic of one of the shops near me, it's full of them. Hell they will yell at u if u say something about them thinking it's ok to sell to kids. But something's tells me that even if you had a video of someone being a ....ty vaper you wouldn't care. I mention the shop as everytime I have seen someone vaping in a store they have had that shops logo on their mod.

Pics of u only reading half my post? All you have to do is go back and actually read my post then read what you said. You will see it said nothing about vaping in a vape shop. If you really want I can take screen shots of it.
You said the shop was full of them.
No pictures,no story.
Mike

pbanj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2015
virginia, usa
www.gotbrew.org
You said the shop was full of them.
No pictures,no story.
Mike

Ya the shop is full of ....ty vapers. You say anything about them selling to kids and they all gang up trying to justify it. Not sure how u get a pic of what they are saying. I never said it was wrong for people to vape in vape shops. I clearly stated why I mentioned the shop yet you decided to make it sound like I said it wasn't ok for people to vape in a vape shop.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Ya the shop is full of ....ty vapers. You say anything about them selling to kids and they all gang up trying to justify it. Not sure how u get a pic of what they are saying. I never said it was wrong for people to vape in vape shops. I clearly stated why I mentioned the shop yet you decided to make it sound like I said it wasn't ok for people to vape in a vape shop.
Your the one that offered to send a pic. What does selling to children
have to due with what I said? If they are doing that, report them.
Regards
Mike

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
There are 5 vapers on my shop floor now. I asked one of them to turn down the watts. It is so nice to be able to vape at work. The boss is just letting it happen. It's nice. I rarely see other vapers and when I do their clouds are weak and wimpy like mine. I can't go in vape shops any more because I buy online and DIY.

BTW, here is a fun statisitic, not on the topic. One cigarette has 1 mg of nic. A 1 liter bottle of 100mg nic that anyone can buy for $50 has the same amount of nicotine as 500 cartons. That's 5,000 packs or 100,000 cigarettes. Moore's law is wimpy by comparison.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The people who hate vaping work for tax supported institutions that might lose funding if cigarette sales crash. I'm reminded by andria that the accident probably would not have happened if there had been a kick in the mod. The vape shops around me have very little interest in hardware because they can't compete with mail order on price. They survive on pre mix e liquid. If the shops carried kicks and recommended them that might cover them on liability. It would also help if they carried only authentic top brand batteries. I discovered recently that the battery in a store bought mod I bought early on was a no name.

I have no recollection of that... I can neither confirm nor deny... etc gov't-speak. :D

Seriously though, Kicks really are for "tootle puffers," since they only go up to 12-15w... which used to be the top limit, when I started vaping in early 2014; if you wanted more, then you sub-ohm'ed with a mech (or got a Sigelei "Legend" which was really expensive, but it went to 20w!). Amazing how much vaping has changed in less than 2 yrs!

But if someone really wants more oomph than a tootle puff, then either they sub-ohm with a mech, sans Kick, or they use one of these newer high-wattage mods. The latter have much the same considerations as to battery amperage though -- trying to make a battery provide more amps than it's capable of, is a recipe for disaster, whether Kick-less mech, or high-watt regulated mod. People who totally disregard (or are totally ignorant of) battery specs, THEY are accidents looking for a place to happen, and no amount of docs or warning labels are going to help.

Andria

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
LOL! There is some truth to that about some being spoiled rich kids. And yes, problem solved, but it still happened and it still happens. And me - as a vaper - do the best I can to quell the misinformation about who we are as a whole and even go out on a limb to apologize for the actions of the few. Where I'm originally from it's a bit different because of the same thing - lower to middle class, hard working people, that just obey the rules and respect one another as they should. Unless specifically given the "OK" to vape - I use good practices.
Hey @CasketWeaver do you know Lt. Joe Kenda? He's my hero!

Fellas settle down! What you're talking about is a problem with society right now! It doesn't just apply to vaping! It applies to playing your radio too loud, farting loudly in a public place, blowing snot rockets in the Walmart, ect.... It seems to me that people have very little if any respect for those around them. I know that my vape is less toxic than the exhaust from the car that just went by but that doesn't make it right to blow enormous clouds around people who don't vape. That means we all have to have (as i saw earlier) "Situational Awareness"! Also I understand that you're not going to please everybody just try to be respectful of those around you!

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!!!! See what you guys did?!!!! You made me act like a GROWNUP!:thumbs:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
People who totally disregard (or are totally ignorant of) battery specs, THEY are accidents looking for a place to happen, and no amount of docs or warning labels are going to help.
Those ignorant to the dangers of batteries, which is most people, will be helped by warnings.
As long as those warnings are clear, concise, and impossible to miss.

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
Those ignorant to the dangers of batteries, which is most people, will be helped by warnings.
As long as those warnings are clear, concise, and impossible to miss.
You're assuming that everyone will take the time to read them. They will be good for releasing the mfr from liability of stupid people not using their product as it was designed!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
You're assuming that everyone will take the time to read them. They will be good for releasing the mfr from liability of stupid people not using their product as it was designed!

Exactly. The problem with all these warning labels ("Caution: contents is hot" on a freaking cup of coffee!) is that they are so absolutely ubiquitous, no one pays them the slightest bit of attention anymore. They're The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Of course I may be the only person who actually REMEMBERS childhood stories -- such as "The Emperor's New Clothes" -- those idiots in DC thinking that SAYING that e-cigs are tobacco products actually makes them so! :facepalm:

Andria

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Exactly. The problem with all these warning labels ("Caution: contents is hot" on a freaking cup of coffee!) is that they are so absolutely ubiquitous, no one pays them the slightest bit of attention anymore. They're The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Of course I may be the only person who actually REMEMBERS childhood stories -- such as "The Emperor's New Clothes" -- those idiots in DC thinking that SAYING that e-cigs are tobacco products actually makes them so! :facepalm:

Andria

Irony is these warnings are not there to protect the consumer. They're there to protect the manufacturer from the consumer. That's probably part of the problem. As you say - cry wolf....

As for the anti-mech junta: get off my lawn. :p ;)

Some of us started using mechs - and have used them safely - since before there were a lot of decent regulated/"protected" mods. One of the main reasons I started using mechs is I felt safer buying the safe chemistry batteries, treating them right and charging them with decent chargers - than trusting unknown batteries in sealed tubes charged with $0.02 USB chargers. Also known as eGo batteries.

You probably know the kind. The kind million dollar lawsuits have been won over due to injuries. "Safety mechanisms" elegantly avoided by users. Go camp on their lawn. It's so much bigger anyway. ;)

Have to point out I'm not nearly as upset about this as one might gather from my posts on the subject - I mostly find it amusing. It may be cold - but I write these "accidents" off as statistical insignificance compared to most aspects of daily life - blown out of proportion and eaten raw (including the unidentifiable bits) - even by fellow vapers. Don't feed the hysteria. The media does a good enough job already.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Irony is these warnings are not there to protect the consumer. They're there to protect the manufacturer from the consumer. That's probably part of the problem. As you say - cry wolf....

As for the anti-mech junta: get off my lawn. :p ;)

Some of us started using mechs - and have used them safely - since before there were a lot of decent regulated/"protected" mods. One of the main reasons I started using mechs is I felt safer buying the safe chemistry batteries, treating them right and charging them with decent chargers - than trusting unknown batteries in sealed tubes charged with $0.02 USB chargers. Also known as eGo batteries.

You probably know the kind. The kind million dollar lawsuits have been won over due to injuries. "Safety mechanisms" elegantly avoided by users. Go camp on their lawn. It's so much bigger anyway. ;)

Have to point out I'm not nearly as upset about this as one might gather from my posts on the subject - I mostly find it amusing. It may be cold - but I write these "accidents" off as statistical insignificance compared to most aspects of daily life - blown out of proportion and eaten raw (including the unidentifiable bits) - even by fellow vapers. Don't feed the hysteria. The media does a good enough job already.

You know the one that amuses me the most? The warning on eliquid bottles that the contents is not to be used by asthmatics. :lol: So... does that mean that they think it's better for an asthmatic to just keep smoking, instead of vaping? :lol: I VEHEMENTLY disagree, speaking as an asthmatic!!! :thumb:

:D
Andria

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
Mech mods are a machismo thing. They are more manly because they are risky.

Yet.....I'm a little old non sub-ohming definitely not manly lady that prefers them over regulated.:DI've also spent several years here learning what and more importantly what NOT to do with them, what to buy, what not to buy, what to look for when you buy, how to build coils, how to check coils, how to check batteries before and after putting them on a charger, what batteries to use and what batteries to avoid. I get that a lot of new vapers don't take the time to learn anything at all about what they're doing and a few of them are harming themselves because of their ignorance. Unfortunately I believe that the whole mech vs. regulated discussion is going to become a moot point anyway after the FDA gets done and neither of them are available any more.:(

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
You know the one that amuses me the most? The warning on eliquid bottles that the contents is not to be used by asthmatics. :lol: So... does that mean that they think it's better for an asthmatic to just keep smoking, instead of vaping? :lol: I VEHEMENTLY disagree, speaking as an asthmatic!!! :thumb:

:D
Andria
I thought there was PG in inhalers!

Reactions: Tilladare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread