• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Another new TOY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
The main reason I switched to dripping on the higher volt mods is because carts tended to kill the attys at higher volts (dunno why???) Dripping makes the flavors pop more, too...

I can drip 5 or 6 drops in an 801 - I can't get more than 4 in a 510, and maybe 3 in a 901.

as far as how many puffs I get outta a freshly dripped atty, I never really kept track. I know I can go from Waukesha to Watertown on 2 filled attys, if that helps, with the PV welded to my hand, and one sitting in reserve in the cup holder.

I'll try to count the puffs and let ya know :D

THX Vicks!

I've been thinking about this in my mind (SHUSH!), and I'm betting in an HV, the cart can't wick fast enough into the atty to keep it moist...?
I know; late to the party and don't have a dance partner.....but I did come up with that all by myself.

Hmmm....pre-filled attys instead of pre-filled carts......interesting. Probably something that's easier to haul than the carts and easier to keep in an upright position...

Still waiting for the stork to pick up my new baby. About 30 min after I placed my order last WED, they posted about getting the new switches. Not sure if that's what's holding up my order or if some of the attys/adaptors I ordered with it is being held up. Not use to this....I thought everything in the vaping world was not only sent via Priority mail, but arrived in 2-3 days.....LOL

On a happy note, Casey says my V2 will have the new switch on it, so hopefully I won't have any problems with it =)
BUT I WANT IT YESTERDAY!! LOL

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I was thinking along the same lines - that the cart can't keep the atty wet enough.

I'm a bit jealous that you've got a new PV coming, tho...I had to spend some mondo $$ on stuff - NOT PV RELATED!!!

On the upside, I have a really comfortable recliner now, and the futon is a full-time bed (very comfy to sleep in, but a nightmare to my back to sit on). But on the downside - I gotta pay the mattress and recliner off before I can go back to collecting gear....

Has anyone heard from Arclight lately on the date/location of the next vapers meeting? If we wanna do late March or early April, we need to start hammering down details.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I was thinking along the same lines - that the cart can't keep the atty wet enough.

I'm a bit jealous that you've got a new PV coming, tho...I had to spend some mondo $$ on stuff - NOT PV RELATED!!!

On the upside, I have a really comfortable recliner now, and the futon is a full-time bed (very comfy to sleep in, but a nightmare to my back to sit on). But on the downside - I gotta pay the mattress and recliner off before I can go back to collecting gear....

Has anyone heard from Arclight lately on the date/location of the next vapers meeting? If we wanna do late March or early April, we need to start hammering down details.

Don't be jealous - I'm just playing catch up!! Still got my eye on the eGo though....but I think I better wait a little on that one. On a happy side, once I can get one, they'll be in high supply! LOL

I'm jealous of your new furniture!! It may not be PV related, but I can just see you being sooo comfy in your new vaping throne ;)

Not on here enough to really comment on Arclight. Right now, with the exception of March 27th, I'm open every other weekend between now and the end of April. Besides myself and YKnot, I don't think there is anyone this far south of Milwaukee, is there?

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Yup...vapin with my feet up, kicked back, laptop on my lap....... vaping bliss :D

I'll have to send Arclight an email to see what he's up to.....and lock down a date. If not, we can always give Gena & Tom a shout, and see about meeting in Madison again, or we can find something out this way - Milwaukee, Waukesha, etc.......

And C-Kool is from Brookfield, isn't he? Not south, but North....but hey - Milwaukee's Milwaukee to me :D

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I broke down and ordered a V2 to add to my collection as well. I haven't had a new vaping toy for a couple months now :)

CONGRATS, YKnot!
And I agree - why not! It's been 7 months since I got a new toy (JS)

What I'm hearing as the hot new things right now on the 'other forum' are the Juicebox, the Fistpack, and last night I heard about a new new new one called the Woody.

Gawd, I love these names!!! :D

.....to go perfectly with the Silver Bullet and the Hung Wells.....yup; no doubts now that it's men naming these things.
Women not only already know these names are taken with other products, but we can at least think of more than one subject matter...... LOL

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I broke down and ordered a V2 to add to my collection as well. I haven't had a new vaping toy for a couple months now :)

Is it there yet? Is it there yet??

I saw when they posted there was only 20 left, and I thought "whew!" you already posted you got one. I think I saw last night they were officially out now.

If you did: what do you think?

Last edited:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
What I'm hearing as the hot new things right now on the 'other forum' are the Juicebox, the Fistpack, and last night I heard about a new new new one called the Woody.

Gawd, I love these names!!! :D

I saw the pictures of the Woody last night! WOW!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!
Definately needs to be carried in a velvet pouch.

Last edited:

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
Is it there yet? Is it there yet??

I saw when they posted there was only 20 left, and I thought "whew!" you already posted you got one. I think I saw last night they were officially out now.

If you did: what do you think?
OK. Easy-does-it. Calm down. The Post Office will get to YOU (in due course)................:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I 'think' I may be 'missing' something here - then again, I am a mere man (aka pig)8-o

LOL! Well, here's a look at what you are missing (if you dare ;))

The Phidias Woodimus

OK. Easy-does-it. Calm down. The Post Office will get to YOU (in due course)................:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Well, actually.......
Yesterday (Wednesday), I saw the mailman coming and went down to greet him. He was already stopped and was pulling some stuff out to put in the box. He knows me well enough to know if I'm coming down to see him, it's not really him I'm after LOL
He's now holding the mail and I say "Nooooo!! There's suppose to be a package!!!!!!"
"There is? Sorry to hear that"
"No package? Oh well.....guess I'll see you tomorrow" sad face, looking down at the ground as I turn to leave.......
"Don't forget the rest of your mail......." as he reaches into the mailbox and pulls out my PS pkg and a separate shipment of juice.

Guess as I was opening my door, I couldn't see him put in the big items and he was just getting ready to put the envelopes in. :D

It's starting to get better. Yeah, yeah; I know there's a learning curve with each new unit, but on the other units, the switch works 100% of the time!
In PS's defense, they do say there is a break in period of a few days for anything with a mechanical switch, but dang, I can't wait to get to the point I don't have to hold it up to my ear to know it's working LOL
Oh well; if the whole new switch thingy really is the better mouse trap, it's a small price to pay.
Now, I just have to get use to dripping so often. I've traded longer battery life (got 10 hrs out of it today!) for refilling more often. But, I'll get a rhythm down ;)

Hmmm...I wonder if this is where a Johnson Creek ePump would come in handy for dripping? Can't wait to see GMLs!

On a happy note, when I showed V2 to MlrMan tonight, he actually took an interest in it!! He hasn't taken an interest in any of the PV stuff before, but he was really impressed with the V2......
It just occured to me that I think he thought all this vaping stuff was just a phase & that I'd eventually go back to analogs. Last week, we had our first heart to heart discussion about my vaping, what my goal is vs smoking (e.g. he gets vaping is a substitute to analogs, but do I plan on quitting vaping, etc) and I think he's finally "getting it" - PVs really will keep me off analogs. Hell. I could have told him that 6 months ago.....
But, I guess you have to be a vaper to really 'get it'

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I hear you, KC - I've heard so many times "so when you gonna quit that......."

They don't get it......this is an alternative that I've NO intent to give up. The risks are minimized when measured against analogs. Why would I want to quit doing something that I so obviously enjoy?

That's usually when I get the whole "but your still addicted to nicotine," schtick. Well, DUH! But Nicotine, when separated from tobacco, is on par with caffeine.....you give up your coffee and Mt. Dew and see how well you fare from your 'addiction.'

The thing that REALLY got me going was when a lady at work told me: "But you haven't quit....you're still doing THAT," and pointing at my gear. SHEESH!

I asked her, (and nicely, BTW) if she'd consider me having quit smoking if I was using the Nicotrol Inhaler. When she acknowledged that yes, that would be considered quitting, I asked her what the difference was. She got REAL silent. I think I made an impact.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I hear you, KC - I've heard so many times "so when you gonna quit that......."

They don't get it......this is an alternative that I've NO intent to give up. The risks are minimized when measured against analogs. Why would I want to quit doing something that I so obviously enjoy?

That's usually when I get the whole "but your still addicted to nicotine," schtick. Well, DUH! But Nicotine, when separated from tobacco, is on par with caffeine.....you give up your coffee and Mt. Dew and see how well you fare from your 'addiction.'

The thing that REALLY got me going was when a lady at work told me: "But you haven't quit....you're still doing THAT," and pointing at my gear. SHEESH!

I asked her, (and nicely, BTW) if she'd consider me having quit smoking if I was using the Nicotrol Inhaler. When she acknowledged that yes, that would be considered quitting, I asked her what the difference was. She got REAL silent. I think I made an impact.

Right on spot as always!
And of course you were nice!! You were trying to assist her with that cranial rectal inversion. I'm sure it's warm up there this time of year, but it still sucks when they keep walking into walls.

During my "Dazed & Confused" evening Sunday night (did you see the pic on my FB wall? LOL), it wasn't busy and I was asked by about 3 different parties about my PV. Of course, someone always has to say "but it's still smoking....".
Then, the conversation turned to Pres. Obama's recent medical exam. Someone of course in their infinate wisdom said "I don't understand why he just doesn't go on the patch if he says he wants to quit that bad...."
Uhhh....
HELLO!!
And just like you - asked what is the differance if I'm wearing a band aid on my arm, having freaky dreams at night 'cause I was getting nicotine 24/7, or, if I used a PV when I felt I needed it? Not only that, I get to control the level of nic I was getting, only when I was feeling the need for it.

I love it when they get that look in their eye & change the subject hee hee hee
Why do they have to be sooo one way or the other? Why not open their mind and realize there are alternatives? If everyone was so closed minded, our cell phones would still only be making phone calls.

I can still remember being up north with the in-laws and wanting an analog sooo bad and thinking "why couldn't cigarettes be odorless!" I still think of that day every time I stealth vape in her bathroom ;)

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Ok, so do you like it? (the V2)

LOVE it!
..........WHEN the cotton-pickin-vaper-making thing would work more than 5% of the time! And giving it 5% is being nice!

In their defense, it does say that if you buy something with a switch, give it a few days to break in, but this is not funny any more. I got it Wed and this morning, my thumb actually hurt to press the button. Even my thumb has given up!
I'm trying to decide how long to give it before I finally contact them. I'll probably wait for the week to be up. Besides, I'm sure they are all at VapeFest, so no one's around any way LOL

I knew going into this that there were switch issues that have always been mentioned, but I honestly thought that was addressed (this is one of the new V2s with the new switch). In addition, it feels like there's no way to put the adaptor on too tight, like was mentioned in some videos. This seems to just stop to prevent over tightening and the same thing with the BE112 (?too lazy too look it up) atty. It also seems to just stop on the adaptor, thus preventing over tightening, compared to the 801.
And yes; there's juice in the atty ;)
I though maybe I was having atty problems, but they all work 100% in the Stick, so it's something with the unit

Oh well. If this doesn't work out, guess it's off to get an eGo LOL

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I got soooooooooooo lucky with my original Prodigy. Not a whisper of trouble with the switch.

I did, however, have trouble with it when I switched out adapters, tho....and still have to kinda monkey around with it sometimes to get it to work when I switch out batteries. Sometimes when you put in the batteries, they don't line up with the rest of the unit, and it won't fire.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Yeah the switch break in is a little rough. Our V2's now work great. My Protege is still a little hard to push. But it is slowly getting better.

You have more patients than me, Thomas.
Seeing as there might be light at the end of the tunnel, I have a lunch in Lake Geneva today. I'm going to just take the housing unit with me and play "push the button" during the drive & try a few other things too.
If that doesn't work, I see an eGo in my future.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread