Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
What about the eGO dripping cones on the Empire site? Would anyone recommend that? Do I need to get the 510 adapter for that as well? Do I get the 510 to 510 adapter or 510 to 901?? It's confusing me a bit. If I get the 901 hex drip shield, I need the 510 to 901 adapter? DO I need sealed or unsealed? I have a manual eGo 510. They are out of order on the spiral 510 drip shields. Argh.. more random extra costs. First its the batteries and kits, then the juices, then the atty's and drip tips, now these drip shields and adapters lol.

deedleshell

Apr 11, 2012
NYC
I aam a newbie and have found this site through an active member who posts all the time. My question is.... I got a Tank big system. Already have my regular RN4801 - whose threads match no one so I am stuck with one vendor. When I bought the Ego drip kit I found I could not taste any flavor. The vendor sys this is absurd. Want to know is it my juice? Do I need stronger juice? Didn't know where to ask this in this forum. Keep getting kicked out where topic seems to be - like about liquids. I am burning up liquids like crazy with those little atomizers. Bought flavorfull juices but lose flavor when the thing heats up. How do I avoid this? I am used to an automatic battery and a cartomizers. Caught your video on cleaning cartomizers somewhere on this site. AMAZING. Been spending tons on cartomizers. Now I just boil them and use again. So I am set there, but still need to know what to do about the mega tank deal. Burning up my liquid. Does it need to steep? Some liquids I have have been sitting around for weeks. No change. Can't taste much with the tank and button 650 Mah battery with the tiny atomizers. It gets too hot and burns all the flavor up. Any suggestions would be helpful. I don't smoke cigarettes anymore. Started at a whopping dose of nicotine, now down to about 15mg. Grateful for a forum to find stuff out. I am restricted in posting and thought this was OK. If I ever find it again, how do I do that? Thanks for being here.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
What about the eGO dripping cones on the Empire site? Would anyone recommend that? Do I need to get the 510 adapter for that as well? Do I get the 510 to 510 adapter or 510 to 901?? It's confusing me a bit. If I get the 901 hex drip shield, I need the 510 to 901 adapter? DO I need sealed or unsealed? I have a manual eGo 510. They are out of order on the spiral 510 drip shields. Argh.. more random extra costs. First its the batteries and kits, then the juices, then the atty's and drip tips, now these drip shields and adapters lol.

Hi Kyi - if you're using a 510 atty on an ego or anything threaded with a 510, then you need a 510 to 510 or a 510 to ego adapter, regardless of the drip shield. V2 510 Shorty Extension

If you're using a 901 threaded atty on an ego or anything threaded with a 510, then you would need the 510 to 901 adapter. 510 to 901/808-D Adapter

Is that a little clearer? If not, let me know and I"ll try to take some pictures for you :)

I know there are tons of extras that seem to add up in the beginning - it really can taper off once you find your sweet spot :)

I aam a newbie and have found this site through an active member who posts all the time. My question is.... I got a Tank big system. Already have my regular RN4801 - whose threads match no one so I am stuck with one vendor. When I bought the Ego drip kit I found I could not taste any flavor. The vendor sys this is absurd. Want to know is it my juice? Do I need stronger juice? Didn't know where to ask this in this forum. Keep getting kicked out where topic seems to be - like about liquids. I am burning up liquids like crazy with those little atomizers. Bought flavorfull juices but lose flavor when the thing heats up. How do I avoid this? I am used to an automatic battery and a cartomizers. Caught your video on cleaning cartomizers somewhere on this site. AMAZING. Been spending tons on cartomizers. Now I just boil them and use again. So I am set there, but still need to know what to do about the mega tank deal. Burning up my liquid. Does it need to steep? Some liquids I have have been sitting around for weeks. No change. Can't taste much with the tank and button 650 Mah battery with the tiny atomizers. It gets too hot and burns all the flavor up. Any suggestions would be helpful. I don't smoke cigarettes anymore. Started at a whopping dose of nicotine, now down to about 15mg. Grateful for a forum to find stuff out. I am restricted in posting and thought this was OK. If I ever find it again, how do I do that? Thanks for being here.

Hi Deedle,
First, welcome to ECF! You're going to find tons of information here, some of which might be confusing at first, but I promise it will start to make sense as you go along :)
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the Tank Big system or the RN4801. You should be able to buy adapters for your 4801 to make it 510 atty & carto compatible - here's a link 4081 Battery to 510 Atomizer Adapter

I'm not sure why you're not getting good flavor - it could be that the gear you're using is too high or too low of a voltage for those juices. Post a couple more times, and when your post count is up to 5, you should be able to post anywhere on the board, and hopefully someone will have an answer for you!

Congrats on quitting the stinkies :)

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I e-mailed Empiremods and the guy said I did not need an adapter for the drip shields to use with my eGo 510. Something to do with the 510 connector not being recessed and the same diameter as the atomizer. I think I must have read the instructions on the drip shield page like 10 times, because I got more and more confused on whether or not I actually needed a drip tip and which one to get. I guess sometimes when the numbers are being thrown around, I start to get confused on if they're talking about the battery or the atomizer.

Is there any sites that sell decent 306 drip tips? I don't particularly like the look of the universal one.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
I e-mailed Empiremods and the guy said I did not need an adapter for the drip shields to use with my eGo 510. Something to do with the 510 connector not being recessed and the same diameter as the atomizer. I think I must have read the instructions on the drip shield page like 10 times, because I got more and more confused on whether or not I actually needed a drip tip and which one to get. I guess sometimes when the numbers are being thrown around, I start to get confused on if they're talking about the battery or the atomizer.

Is there any sites that sell decent 306 drip tips? I don't particularly like the look of the universal one.

Yes, you need a drip tip - all of the atties I have are metal, and they heat up quickly - you'll burn your lips without a drip tip.

Maybe the 510 atties I have are extra short, but if I don't use an adapter with them, the drip shield is too long - it might just be an aesthetic issue though, I don't know. Go with what the guy from Empiremods told you though! He's the expert on their drip shields, not me :)

I haven't tried the 306's, but every 306 drip tip I've seen looks pretty much the same, with the only noticeable difference being the color, but I also haven't looked very hard.

vdice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
new jersey
well, this is my first post. have been reading this thread very closely and decided to copy some of the info for my fist order. i am a 3 cigar a day smoker. i bought a mistic kit, not long ago. i like it, but now i want more vapor, like everyone else. below is a list that i plan to order today from hoosier. any critique and suggestions are welcome.....thanks.......vince

ITEMS QTY PRICE TOTAL
5ml Customizable Premium House blends
View/Hide options
1 $3.23 $3.23
View/Hide options
1 $3.23 $3.23
View/Hide options
1 $3.23 $3.23
View/Hide options
1 $3.23 $3.23
View/Hide options
1 $3.23 $3.23
Dekang E-Juice 18mg
Flavor: Ry4 1 $10.89 $10.89
Ego carrying cases
Size: Medium - $1.00 1 $7.99 $7.99
5ml Syringe and blunt 18 gauge needle 1 $1.99 $1.99
Black Carbon KGO lanyard and pouch 1 $2.39 $2.39
Buttons for ego, KGO, riva 1 $1.00 $1.00
USB car adaptor 12 volt 500mAh output 1 $3.99 $3.99
USB Wall AC adaptor 500mAh 1 $2.99 $2.99
XXL 1.5ohm Dual Coil From Smok Tech Black with flat rubber tip 2 $2.29 $4.58
XXXL clear dual coil From Smok Tech 1.5ohm with round rubber tip 1 $2.39 $2.39
Boge 2.0ohm LR 510 cartomizers 5 pack
Color: Black 1 $7.19 $7.19
Transparent Acrylic Ribbon Drip Tips
Color: C2 Black 1 $1.99 $1.99
Acrylic Big Belly Drip Tips
Color: 01 1 $1.99 $1.99
KGO kit 1100mAh by SLB
Color: Rubberized Black 1 $42.09 $42.09

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
vdice, I'd not order the 1.5 ohm dual coils with the first order. The KGO will perform much better with single coil LR cartos. Try one later. IMO, dual coils are too cool at 3.7-3.8V and have twice the battery drain of a 2.0 ohm single coil.

I like Hoosier and order my cartos from him. I'd recommend ordering both of these Smoktech single coils from Hoosier: 1.7 ohm LR XL, 2.0 ohm LR XL in black or stainless steel finish. The Smoktech single coil XLs hold about 2ml of juice when filled dry. That's more than the Boge XLs. I've never received a bad Smoktech carto from Hoosier.

Imperfectutopia

Apr 11, 2012
memphis
Ok, here i am about 2 weeks in and wanted to give a little feedback. You guys were absolutely right about Kgo and it's size, battery life and all. Great choice. I was worried about physical size but really once you put it in your pocket rather than a pack of smokes or a PCC, it is smaller by far. Only time i've wished it was a little smaller was when i put the EMDCC on it... Then and only then do i think about getting a 650 mAh battery in the future, since this one (1100 mAh) lasts for 2 days with my smoking schedule. In fairness, I have only had the EMDCC for a couple days and am going to see if i just get used to it (which i expect i will).

EMDCC is the way to go for me.. Hits great, lasts long. I hate the thought of having to fill up a cart frequently and that worry is gone with this thing.. Awesome.

It took me a little while to figure out what flavors and nic level i liked / needed... So it took a good week to get *almost* off regular cigs.. I'm down to one every other day or so without feeling like punching babies, which for me aint bad. I did have to go back and order juice again because the 6mg and i think i got some 10 or 12mg in my first order for the strong stuff, just wasnt cutting it.. went back and got some 18 and it's smooth sailing... Plan to gradually throttle that back once i get completely off regular smokes.. Anyway, thats all I have to add from a personal perspective to the wealth of great advise already in this thread. Thanks again everyone and I'll see ya around here in the future I'm sure!

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
ok yzer, i ditched the dual coil but cannot find the "2.0 ohm LR XL" on the page........thanks for the advice...vince
Here you go. Where the page says "Choose Options" use the pull-down menu that says "Color." You can choose Black XL or Stainless XL there.

2.0 ohm low resistance cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread