Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Cheeky, you seem to like the same flavors as I do. I recently placed an order from ECBlends myself, 6 small bottles to sample. This is my 2nd time ordering from them, I'm ordering again because of the prices and variety. The first time I ordered, one of my bottles was leaking upon arrival, and the custom creation that I made tasted horrible. The Dragon Blood and White Peach a la Zoe was great though! I had the peach with menthol, and I found that the menthol taste completely overpowers the peach flavor. I'm ordering it again this time, but without the menthol.

My recent order is:
1 x Ruyan 4 (RY4) Tobacco - eliquid Flavor
(Bottle Size: 5 ml $2.50, Additional Flavoring: Extra Flavor, Nic Strength: 12 mg - Lights, Base Mix: 80% PG / 20% VG, Menthol or Cool Hit: Cool Hit, Add Caramel: Add Extra Caramel)
1 x Chocolate Hazelnut Tobacco - eliquid Flavor
(Bottle Size: 5 ml $2.50, Additional Flavoring: Extra Flavor, Nic Strength: 6 mg - Ultra Lights, Base Mix: 70% PG / 30% VG, Extras Choice 1: No Additional Flavor Shot, Extras Choice 2: No Additional Flavor Shot, Extras Choice 3: No Additional Flavor Shot, Extras Choice 4: No Additional Flavor Shot)
1 x Pear - eLiquid Flavor
(Bottle Size: 5 ml $2.50, Additional Flavoring: Extra Flavor, Nic Strength: 6 mg - Ultra Lights, Base Mix: 70% PG / 30% VG, Menthol or Cool Hit: Extra Menthol 1.5x (Strong))
1 x White Peach ala Zoe - eLiquid Flavor
(Bottle Size: 5 ml $2.50, Additional Flavoring: Extra Flavor, Nic Strength: 6 mg - Ultra Lights, Base Mix: 70% PG / 30% VG, Additional Sweetener (Very Sweet): Double Sweetener (Very Sweet), Add Vanilla: Add Vanilla, Add a Flavor: Raspberry)
1 x Chocolate Mint Coconut Crunch - eLiquid Flavor
(Bottle Size: 5 ml $2.50, Additional Flavoring: Extra Flavor, Nic Strength: 12 mg - Lights, Base Mix: 70% PG / 30% VG, Menthol or Cool Hit: Cool Hit)
1 x TKO - eLiquid Flavor
(Bottle Size: 5 ml $2.50, Additional Flavoring: Extra Flavor, Nic Strength: 6 mg - Ultra Lights, Base Mix: 70% PG / 30% VG)

Not completely sure what I want/like since I'm still experimenting and trying out new flavors, but personally, I am a menthol analog smoker and need a very good menthol flavor that will probably be my all day vape. Sometimes vaping does not kill the craving for an analog, so I am trying my first tobaccos to see if that will help. Maybe I need more throat hit? I've been increasing the PG ratios in my liquids to see if that makes it better.

Just ordered some new dripping atty's from Valuevapor, and apparently it has already shipped within one hour of ordering them! Very impressed. I accidently lost one of my Smartvapes attys somehow (must have rolled off the table and into oblivion) so I decided to try out some different brands. I also got the Dekang Green Tea juice from VV, been trying to find a good green tea so hopefully this one will hit the spot.

Anwyays... there was no point in all in my post, just wanted to give props to those sites.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I prefer filling cartos with a syringe - for me it's easier and more precise than dripping as you know exactly how much you're adding (capacity is generally listed on the product page at hoosier).

Glad everything came! Let us know how your first night with the kGo goes :)

I agree, much less messy than the condom method. I was a tad bit nervious of the tayan spin (I spelled that wrong, I know) but i made a little rig, and it really packs the juice in:
DSC01838.jpg

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Hi Kyi!
Let your horrible customer creation steep for a while, and try again on your next order! I try to make one customer creation with every order, and they're getting better as I go along :) I'm sure you'll find the same!

I honestly love their 100% VG Menthol - I smoked menthol analogs for 17 years, and find that I don't particularly like the taste of most tobacco juices, so the 100% VG menthol is satisfying. I also tried their Green Monster recently, and it's AWESOME!!! I think it's the only tob blend I've really enjoyed :)

Now... about dripping... I HATED it when I started - it was messy and just.... too much of a hassle! Then I got my first drip shield, and it's turned dripping around for me - I really enjoy it now! There are a few vendors who sell them - EmpireMods and Avid Vaper : Personal Vaporizers and Accessories is another - I have one from each, and they're both terrific! They keep dripping from being messy :)

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
I agree, much less messy than the condom method. I was a tad bit nervious of the tayan spin (I spelled that wrong, I know) but i made a little rig, and it really packs the juice in:
View attachment 92539

Love that little rig you made Zippersnapper!! It looks like a fancy slingshot ;)

Imperfectutopia

Apr 11, 2012
memphis
Dude... Wow.... Dude.. Just wow.

Everyone. Listen. To. Cheeky... This is the best advice i've ever gotten on something i was just getting into.. Hands down 300% better than the disposable blu... Battery, accesories and flavors included. ECBlends is awesome... Hoosier's flavors are only 200% better :)

... And i've only scraped the surface of my purchase... again.. wow.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I've considered getting a drip shield, but I am not entirely sure what they actually do? They prevent liquid from getting in your mouth? I don't really have that happen to me very often, but I do get leaks. They are quite annoying to clean.

I just kind of feel like this whole e-cig thing is starting to become a hobby and getting way more expensive than I anticipated. It's fun but I find I get a little obsessed sometimes and all the little things I order start to add up. I've gotten a lot of friends interested in e-cigs and maybe I can pass off some of my crappier juices to them when they get one (lol). I'm glad they're interested and I want them to be, but sometimes I feel like I'm passing my e-cig around like a pipe at a party because everyone wants to try to hit it.

If I were to upgrade from this eGo 510 clone I have now (Firefly), what would be the next best choice? The kGo? I don't really wanna mess with mods and stuff. I don't really need tanks either, I don't mind manual dripping.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
hi Kyi
I was confused about drip shields too, until someone showed me at a vape meet! They don't prevent juice from getting into your mouth, but they stop the leaks!

The drip shield slides down over your atty, has o rings at the top and bottom, and basically holds any overflow (leaking) juice in reserve to be sucked back into the atty.

The first time I used my drip shield I understood all the fuss over dripping - Such a great invention & so happy I got a couple. I hated dripping before, even to test my new juices, simply because it was such a bleepin' mess!

The drip shield makes it no muss, no fuss, no leaks, no wasted juice, just pure flavor. Yay!

They aren't terribly expensive, I think they're 12.99 at empire mods, not sure of the cost at avidvaper, but they are well worth the expenditure, especially if you like dripping, but hate the mess as much as I did.

I fully understand the obsession with vaping - it IS a bit addictive, especially in the beginning - click the link vapaholics anonymous in my signature, and come join the juice junkies and vapaholics group - we're a lot of fun & won't necessarily stop you from ordering more, but we all understand the obsession, the little orders that add up, and the big orders that add even more :smokie:

You can definitely pass your unloved juices along to friends, pay them forward in the PIF section, or sell them on the classies.

I've passed my ecig around at parties, too (and when friends come to visit lol), and have learned to have an extra kgo or two on hand for those occasions :)

The kGo is terrific - it was my first purchase when I decided to up grade from a cigarette clone (the Mistic, which I still love and use when running errands!). The tanks are great - they make vaping much easier when you don't have the time or inclination to drip (remember, dripping and driving is NOT safe!), and you can find some that don't use cartos with filler. The Acorn mod from Parkesvaping is pretty good - it uses the inner portion of a CE2 carto (wick rather than polyfill), so the taste of your juice remains pure & unmuted.

AWK0917

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2012
Calabash, NC
My two cents! I got my first kit 2.5 years ago and am still using the same atties. I would not recommend the 510 PCC since I know the KGO will be much better but I learned from experience how to use the basic stuff and then move on to mods. Battery life is supper important. I find myself dragging my usb and adapter from car to car to outlet to outlet. 1100mah will be the best as for long term use compared to PCC. Manual Battery is the way to go!

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I usually notice the leak when I take off the atomizer cone and I will see drops of juice all around the side of the atomizer. I have to keep a napkin by all the time to wipe it up. Last night, I used the last bit of my White Peach ala Zoe juice from ECBlends and probably overfilled it. When I removed the cone, the juice just started dribbling out over my fingers. Pretty annoying. I might have to pick up one of these drip shields on my next order... I suppose I won't be able to fit my cone anymore (not that I really have to have it anyways)?

I notice these Empiremod drip shields are made for 901s?? Will these work with an eGo 510 or do I need some adapter?

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
On another note, where do they leak from? In between cart and battery?

Yes. You'll notice usually two very small holes around the threaded part. Those holes alow air to enter up through the atty/carto when you take a draw.

When filling 510 carto's, a little trick is to gently insert a toothpick into the air/coil tube, to keep the juice out. Keeps the mess to a minimum, and also saves a tad bit of juice you would normaly have to blow out before vaping..

20120417_130011.jpg

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
The 901 drip shields can be used with a 510 to 510 adapter - the 901 and 510 atties are the same diameter, but different heights, and the 901 has a hole about a quarter of the way up (I suck at guestimating distances!), whereas the only holes I'm aware of on the 510 are at the bottom - essentially you just need the spot where the juice leaks to be higher than the o-ring on the drip shield, which is why the adapter is needed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread