Another troll turned noob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Hey every one. A few days ago, I came across a decent price for a 21st Century "Express Kit" and found that though the taste was a little bit off (Regular tobacco flavor), it was a welcome surprise that it provided a suitable substitute for a cigarette. Since then, I've been TRAWLING these boards doing research on the different terminology, brand, reviews, etc. It seems that most people here are down to earth and can provide an overabundance of information and opinions on vapeing. Based on ads, reviews, and price, I think I have decided to get a Volt when my 21st Century runs out. I look forward to my first real entrance in to the world of e-cigs, and to "meet" many of you here. You guys have already provided me with a wealth of knowledge of a subject that was previously unknown to me. For that, I thank you all already!!!

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

The Volt is a great little kit from everything I've heard about it -- quite possibly the best of the slim cigs in existence at this particular moment, and I think you'll probably be very satisfied with it.

One minor note here, just so people don't think you're something you're not: You'll probably want to consider yourself a former lurker rather than a troll. In Internet lingo, a troll is someone who makes controversial posts and instigates arguments just to get a rise out of people. Trolls are not well liked. You may have been trawling the board though, as a lurker. That's a much better thing to be/have been. :)

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Welcome to the family and congrats on making the switch! The amount of information here can be overwhelming, but we're always around to help you sort it out. It sounds like you've already made a great choice with the Volt. Many people here are very happy with theirs and the kits use a popular threading, so you'll be able to find inexpensive replacement parts easily.

There's a whole tasty, smoke free world out there just waiting for you to discover it!

Hewoah

Sep 16, 2011
VT
Cool, thanks WomanOfHeart! (Ironically, this very post will be my 5th).

So my question is regarding the Vortex 2.0:

The whole 5-pack is either defective or else I'm totally missing something. I just cannot for the life of me get them to connect to my batteries/PTs (all KR808s from V4L...work pretty much flawlessly with any other cartos I've tried). When I asked gotvapes about it, they told me to "adjust the connector pin with a screwdriver." Of course I did this and nothing changed, I tried turning it left, right, little increments, turning it many times around and around-- nothing. I also tried the little trick of using a paperclip to pry up the connector pin slightly.

What I think I've realized at this point is that it is not an issue with the connector pins "not reaching" each other-- because the couple times I did get it to fire up, it was at a very awkward, partially screwed-in position (very loose), and when I screwed it the rest of the way in (i.e. TOWARDS the battery/PT), the connection again went dead.

One interesting detail that leads me to believe it's some sort of short going on is that when I press the button on my manual batt, the LED lights up solid and then stays on for a second after the button is released and then shuts off abruptly. Normally, it sort of fades in and out.

So I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the vortex 2.0 and if there is some sort of novel solution that I haven't come across yet. And if not, do people think it's possible I got a whole box of duds? (Trying to figure out if its worth it to try and re-order). Gotvapes said I could send them back for an exchange/refund, but I am really hoping there's a solution because I was really excited to try these out as they are so easy to fill etc. etc.

Un-Loco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2011
Ft Bliss, TX
www.facebook.com
Haha, I'm a former lurker turned noob too (just today)... and troll is definitely the wrong term! (I think this is my 3rd post.... two more and I can ask my technical question)

Yea, i clicked this thread to find out how a troll was turned into a noob... Expected something completely different; like a troll getting owned.
Lurker is definitely the term referred to. lol

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Cool, thanks WomanOfHeart! (Ironically, this very post will be my 5th).

So my question is regarding the Vortex 2.0:

The whole 5-pack is either defective or else I'm totally missing something. I just cannot for the life of me get them to connect to my batteries/PTs (all KR808s from V4L...work pretty much flawlessly with any other cartos I've tried). When I asked gotvapes about it, they told me to "adjust the connector pin with a screwdriver." Of course I did this and nothing changed, I tried turning it left, right, little increments, turning it many times around and around-- nothing. I also tried the little trick of using a paperclip to pry up the connector pin slightly.

What I think I've realized at this point is that it is not an issue with the connector pins "not reaching" each other-- because the couple times I did get it to fire up, it was at a very awkward, partially screwed-in position (very loose), and when I screwed it the rest of the way in (i.e. TOWARDS the battery/PT), the connection again went dead.

One interesting detail that leads me to believe it's some sort of short going on is that when I press the button on my manual batt, the LED lights up solid and then stays on for a second after the button is released and then shuts off abruptly. Normally, it sort of fades in and out.

So I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the vortex 2.0 and if there is some sort of novel solution that I haven't come across yet. And if not, do people think it's possible I got a whole box of duds? (Trying to figure out if its worth it to try and re-order). Gotvapes said I could send them back for an exchange/refund, but I am really hoping there's a solution because I was really excited to try these out as they are so easy to fill etc. etc.

Possible. I'd contact them again for some sort of return. Hope you can somehow get them working though!

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
GOT MY ALLOWANCE TODAY!!! Already ordered the Volt kit with two 78mm Manual Batts, 5 Camel immatation cartos, and 5 "Sweet Sampler" cartos. Paid for the express (not next day) shipping. I feel like a kid that knows what he's getting for his birthday and cant wait to open it!!!

Can't say I blame you, as I think you're going to be quite happy with that kit, and with any luck you'll be puffing on it in a few days. :)

Just remember though that 10 cartos isn't going to last you very long if you don't have any juices to refill with. I'll depend on your vaping pace of course, and everyone is different, but for me personally (3-4ml a day), I could rip through three of those cartos in a day given half a chance, so if it is going to be a concern as to when next you can get more cartos or juice to refill them with, you might want to pace yourself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread