Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Hello All and Thanx for being here,
I am yet another Noob and ECSTATIC to be here. After 45 years of analogs I know that I've found my way to quit them. I'm sure there are others here that can relate to my excitement.
I had given up quitting "for my health" years ago. Finally cost just caused me to snap. I'm a truck driver and I do have the advantage of buying in the cheapest states but even those are going over the the top in taxes. Stopped in Louisiana on my way home 5 days ago to get 2 cartons when I saw the latest price $40+tax for each. I just couldn't justify blowing $90 up in smoke AGAIN. I think it was that instant that I decided to take that money to a new vape shop that opened close to home.
LOL, that first vape shop really deserves an apology from me. I was completely overwhelmed by it. That place was like some sort of boutique or like walking into a womans hair salon. Immediate sense of I DOOON'T belong here! I could feel some mysterious force tugging at my wallet before I was even greeted by the clerk. Was outta there in a flash.
So I came home and searched Yelp for A shop that might be less uncomfortable for me. Living in a Dallas suburb I had a ton of choices. When I saw the picture of a Louie Anderson "Leg lamp" in one of the shops I thought, that's the one for me.
Turned out to be a good choice. After the shop owner had removed, disassembled and (tried to) explain nearly everything from his display case to me I settled on an eGrip by Joyetech. 30ml bottle of 24% Red box tobacco (YUCK) 30ml 24% Espresso (Gooood). After 3-4 hours of vaping I realized the tobacco flavor was unnecessary.
The TH and nic are all I require for satisfaction. I've already moved on to watermelon rancher= delicious. The tobacco flavor has become more acceptable over the few days I've been vaping, so it won't go to waste but I won't be buying any more of it. I see myself as melons, berries and strong black coffee kinda guy. Not much interest in the creams or custard stuff. Even less so after reading some of the posts in here about them.
After seeing a few reviews of my eGrip(s) (yes, now 2) I'm concerned about leakage being mentioned so often. Love the box shape and the size. If necessary I'll go to a box mod with separate tank and just write off the eGrips as an educational expense. I'm already convinced that vaping is well worth the investment.
Okay, I'm rambling now. Just needed to share with someone. Looking forward to your comments especially those concerning the eGrip.

My collection after only 5 days!!! IMG_20150625_092931_776.jpg

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello Claude and welcome to our sanity! Congrats on quitting the stinkys. You'll find over the next few months your taste buds will change/heal. Flavors I didn't care for in the beginning I really enjoy now. You didn't mention any side effects from your change but I'm going to share this link :
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum
I didn't have any issues. Buying new equipment is a disease we call "shineyitis". :) Enjoy the journey and don't be shy, there are many people here to help answer questions.

catsitter

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2014
Massapequa Park, NY, USA
Congratulations on quitting and welcome to the forum! I also smoked for 45 years, and doesn't it just feel great to be free of cigarettes at last?
Think about joining CASAA - it's an organization fighting for our right to vape. It's free, it won't take but a couple of minutes and right now we need all the help we can get. The FDA deeming regulations are due out any day now, and who knows what they'll do to us.
In any event, enjoy vaping and being here!

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Last edited:

William Hucke

Jun 25, 2015
clearfield utah
well I like what ipv4 has to offer witch is many many thing to use and do with the " no dry hit's " part but I think the new versions of ipv4 is best to have and with a tank

and if the ipv v4 lasts a long time with being a trucker you would save money on buying to upgrade on mods

now tanks and all the other types of vaping tops have fun with and reading up on I know ipv4 is on the pricy side but I like my bells and whistles now then buy 6 dif mods threw out time buy what I think is a good one

Reactions: Foggy Road

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Welcome to the forum Claude. You sound like my dad as far as smoking and the first setup he chose. Be very careful of the charge port. My dad had to and within a few days of each one they broke rendering them useless. Joyetech gave no response for warranty/customer service and blocked me on social media when I brought up a problem. I guess censoring a problem is they way Joyetech operates. I got 2 eGrip paperweights sitting in a drawer.

Best of luck with you and this journey. Because of the eGrips it opened my dad's eyes up to vaping and started his journey, but at the same time the eGrip failing so easily is what made him almost go back to cigarettes.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Claude my fellow reformed Heathen Vaper, you done (and are doing) quite well.
You seem to have a great grasp on the Deal and healthy rational expectations about the Process and all involved. Only 5 days and you are already much further along and OK with it all than I was in my first 5 months.
Stay the Course and Enjoy. You are gonna grow to love it more than you know.
All the best and see you around. You're in a great Place literally and figuratively.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Hello and welcome to the forum @Claude Rill. Glad to have you here!:)

Huge thread on the eGrip: New Joyetech 20watt eGrip | E-Cigarette Forum

Another option would be a "squonker" like the Reos Mod. A Reo is a unregulated box mod (onboard tank) with a bottom feeding rebuildable dripper on top (see my avitar).

Thanx for the link Susan-S, I've read that thread word for word through the first 60 pages and very encouraged about my little eGrip now. I can see an RBA and 510 adapter in my future already. This is looking like more fun than I would ever have imagined. I'm a bit of a nerdy DIY guy, rooting my phones and moving my computers over to Linux when MicroSoft shafted us on the XP platform. Just need to be careful and make use of all the great advice on this site.

Reactions: yuseffuhler

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Thanx for the link Susan-S, I've read that thread word for word through the first 60 pages and very encouraged about my little eGrip now. I can see an RBA and 510 adapter in my future already. This is looking like more fun than I would ever have imagined. I'm a bit of a nerdy DIY guy, rooting my phones and moving my computers over to Linux when MicroSoft shafted us on the XP platform. Just need to be careful and make use of all the great advice on this site.
If you end up getting a REO, you'll love it. They're pricy, but borderline indestructible and much more convenient than dripping. As a truck driver you'll appreciate not having to do that lol. Your e grip is still a nice mod, especially for the price and size. Seriously though, give the REO a look.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
If you end up getting a REO, you'll love it. They're pricy, but borderline indestructible and much more convenient than dripping. As a truck driver you'll appreciate not having to do that lol. Your e grip is still a nice mod, especially for the price and size. Seriously though, give the REO a look.

Thanx @yuseffuhler, But I've already blown my initial investment budget and then some(Of course). I feel fortunate that I've found the "perfect for me" mod for now. I'm sure the day will come when the eGrip(s) will need to be replaced but until then I'll just be making the most of what I've got. I will keep the REO in mind If it for some reason replacement becomes necessary sooner than I hope.

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
Hello All and Thanx for being here,
I am yet another Noob and ECSTATIC to be here. After 45 years of analogs I know that I've found my way to quit them. I'm sure there are others here that can relate to my excitement.
I had given up quitting "for my health" years ago. Finally cost just caused me to snap. I'm a truck driver and I do have the advantage of buying in the cheapest states but even those are going over the the top in taxes. Stopped in Louisiana on my way home 5 days ago to get 2 cartons when I saw the latest price $40+tax for each. I just couldn't justify blowing $90 up in smoke AGAIN. I think it was that instant that I decided to take that money to a new vape shop that opened close to home.
LOL, that first vape shop really deserves an apology from me. I was completely overwhelmed by it. That place was like some sort of boutique or like walking into a womans hair salon. Immediate sense of I DOOON'T belong here! I could feel some mysterious force tugging at my wallet before I was even greeted by the clerk. Was outta there in a flash.
So I came home and searched Yelp for A shop that might be less uncomfortable for me. Living in a Dallas suburb I had a ton of choices. When I saw the picture of a Louie Anderson "Leg lamp" in one of the shops I thought, that's the one for me.
Turned out to be a good choice. After the shop owner had removed, disassembled and (tried to) explain nearly everything from his display case to me I settled on an eGrip by Joyetech. 30ml bottle of 24% Red box tobacco (YUCK) 30ml 24% Espresso (Gooood). After 3-4 hours of vaping I realized the tobacco flavor was unnecessary.
The TH and nic are all I require for satisfaction. I've already moved on to watermelon rancher= delicious. The tobacco flavor has become more acceptable over the few days I've been vaping, so it won't go to waste but I won't be buying any more of it. I see myself as melons, berries and strong black coffee kinda guy. Not much interest in the creams or custard stuff. Even less so after reading some of the posts in here about them.
After seeing a few reviews of my eGrip(s) (yes, now 2) I'm concerned about leakage being mentioned so often. Love the box shape and the size. If necessary I'll go to a box mod with separate tank and just write off the eGrips as an educational expense. I'm already convinced that vaping is well worth the investment.
Okay, I'm rambling now. Just needed to share with someone. Looking forward to your comments especially those concerning the eGrip.

My collection after only 5 days!!! View attachment 466772

Love your story!!! Welcome and I look forward to hearing more about your journey as time goes on. My husband loves his egrip and has no had leaking issue yet. He has used it faithfuly for 3 or 4 months.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Hello Claude and welcome to our sanity! Congrats on quitting the stinkys. You'll find over the next few months your taste buds will change/heal. Flavors I didn't care for in the beginning I really enjoy now. You didn't mention any side effects from your change but I'm going to share this link :
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum
I didn't have any issues. Buying new equipment is a disease we call "shineyitis". :) Enjoy the journey and don't be shy, there are many people here to help answer questions.

Thank you @Sir2fyablyNutz, I have taken a look at the linked thread, very informative. Not totally free of the killers yet but down from 2+ PAD to 1 pack in the last 5 days with no sense that I'm actually struggling or denying myself of the stinkies. I do feel like I've experienced some of the first sign of benefit from this journey this morning. Today I awoke feeling more rested than usual and the brain fog that normally accompanies my usual morning struggle for consciousness seemed noticeably less dense and of shorter duration. Recognizing that fact seems to have me facing this day with excitement once again, yet another rare state of mind for me.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Thank you @Sir2fyablyNutz, I have taken a look at the linked thread, very informative. Not totally free of the killers yet but down from 2+ PAD to 1 pack in the last 5 days with no sense that I'm actually struggling or denying myself of the stinkies. I do feel like I've experienced some of the first sign of benefit from this journey this morning. Today I awoke feeling more rested than usual and the brain fog that normally accompanies my usual morning struggle for consciousness seemed noticeably less dense and of shorter duration. Recognizing that fact seems to have me facing this day with excitement once again, yet another rare state of mind for me.

Great to hear Claude. It took me 12 days to get "regulated" to vape. One technique I used was to keep a cheap clearomizer/tank of the next highest nic close. When I had an "itch" that the regular vape couldn't scratch I would hit the higher nic once then go back to the normal level. It usually took me a week to get adjusted. I say usually because I used this same technique to lower my nic from where I started down to the 3 and less I now enjoy.

Blood oxygen levels raise when you switch from cigs to vape. It really helps how you feel and gives you a new normal. My life is still improving 5 months later.

I had an issue of a little insomnia at one point. I read on here where someone suggested getting a lower nic juice to vape in the hour/hours before bed and my insomnia went away. Nic is a stimulant, and this worked for me. Other than this I really haven't had any issues.

You'll find your path. Keep on vaping!

Greg

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Thanx @yuseffuhler, But I've already blown my initial investment budget and then some(Of course). I feel fortunate that I've found the "perfect for me" mod for now. I'm sure the day will come when the eGrip(s) will need to be replaced but until then I'll just be making the most of what I've got. I will keep the REO in mind If it for some reason replacement becomes necessary sooner than I hope.
I'm glad you found something that works for you so quickly! If you ever feel like something different, a rebuildable head for the egrip is available. It has a little more air flow than the stock heads, and you'll save money not buying coil heads. Again, just a suggestion, but it'll be nice to have another option in the back of your mind.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I'm glad you found something that works for you so quickly! If you ever feel like something different, a rebuildable head for the egrip is available. It has a little more air flow than the stock heads, and you'll save money not buying coil heads. Again, just a suggestion, but it'll be nice to have another option in the back of your mind.
Oh yeah, I'm already planning to get the rebuild-able head the 50 ready made coils @ $3 a pack.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Good for you, Claude! I smoked two packs a day for 42 years and this is the ONLY thing that could help me. I never even tried to quit before because I was hooked so bad, I knew I'd fail. I'm kind of a hyper type person anyway, and when I have a nicotine fit, it ain't pretty! LOL! I've been happy with my pair of little baby Kanger EVODs, the only improvement so far being I ordered some mini Protanks for them so I could use any kind of juice. At first, one battery lasted me all day, but as I've come to enjoy the flavors of the juices, I'm drawing a little longer and using more juice (and battery!) so I take my morning one and stick it on the charger sometime in the afternoon, and use the fully charged one to replace it, then charge THAT one the next morning. I always have a fully charged one available.

Maybe someday I'll get a bigger (as in longer lasting) battery, but I'm using this to stay off cigarettes, not chase clouds, so for me it's perfect. I put down my cigarettes the day this came in the mail, and haven't had a single smoke since then. I never thought I would ever utter these words, but I haven't had a cigarette in three weeks! I feel so LIBERATED!

Congrats to you for making this much healthier choice, and have fun on your journey! The fun part for me is finding new juice flavors that I like. Well, other than the fact that I CAN BREATHE AGAIN, that is! THAT is a freaking miracle!

Happy days to you! :)

~Lannie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread