Another violation workforce rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbalou32

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Central FL
The following article reports of yet another violation of smokers rights extended to include the vaping community. This hospital chain has a downtown Orlando campus along with hospitals in surrounding counties.
Orlando Health tobacco-free hiring: Orlando Health announces tobacco-free hiring policy - Orlando Sentinel

The second part of article quotes a medical professional who doesn't agree with the policy for the right reasons. Potential employees are powerless from a legal standpoint due to the "right to work" status within Florida and many other states.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
LMAO I hadn't seen that, stopped watching SNL years ago.
Glad to hear you enjoyed the clip.
I was a big fan of Saturday Night Live ... starting back when it first aired
in the mid 70's. Over time it changed and I lost interest.

Back in the days ... Everyone was "tuned in" every Saturday night.
Well, everyone meaning everyone in my age group.
1-BigGrin.png

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Even most prescription stop-smoking aids will disqualify from a job there. The drug test includes cotinine, which is present in patches, gum, lozenges and PV juice.

Cotinine is the fist metabolite of nicotine in the body. Most tests test for its presence. If it is there, it means you have been using nicotine from any form, be it gum, patch, ecig, hookah, or nic strip. It is not found in significant quantities in the products themselves.

Chantix is another thing entirely, and I do not think it produces cotinine in the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread