Another ZFM that may be of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
This is a cart mod I am working on for the 510 carts.
I have a lot of m401 carts around, close to 100(picked up from a suppler clearing stock before closing).
While working on trying to get the ZFM to work consistently for me for the 510 carts I noticed that the plug for the M401 carts have a hole traveling partway up from the bottom of the plug so I cut off the bottom of the plug at the point where the hole meets with solid silicon section of the plug.
This gives me a nice o ring aprox equal to the radius of the ring in height.
Fill the cart up to aprox where the bottom of the ring will sit once inserted.
When inserting the ring/plug it will be a snug fit creating a good seal to the inside wall of the 510 cart. If you want(I tried it with good success) you can trim a small slice from either side of the ring to make inserting it easier, but this may result in too heavy a fluid flow depending on your liquid.
When inserting the ring push in till flush with the top of the cart.
By doing this I find that when putting the cart on the attie this pushes in the ring and primes the hole for use.
So far this method has had very minimal leakage and gived a, to me, great vaping experience.

Hope this helps, all the best and happy vaping,
Wing.

Here are the pictures.

photo0067qq.jpg

photo0073ar.jpg

Last edited:

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
**UPDATE**
After a few days of use and fine tuning I have found that this method works best with the silicone ring trimmed to the cart shape (left hand ring, bottom picture in above post).

Then use a straw cut so that it supports the ring and setts the ring approx 1mm below the top edge of the cart. This prevents the ring from sinking to far into the cart and maintaining good contact between the hole in the silicone ring and the attie bridge.

I cut some small holes in the sides of the straw to help promote filling and fluid flow.

Simple to refill, just pop the ring out with a toothpick, paper clip or something similar, fill to the top of the straw and reinsert the ring, reinsert the cart and Happy Vaping.

All the best.
Wing.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Thanks for the idea! I have using this for a day now and was able to vape a cart dry with very minimal leakage, if any. I have found that I somtimes hae to give it a single shake to get the juice to the atty, I assuming because air locked.

One modification I made was to cut a little longer piece off the 410 plug, resulting in a piece about 5mm long. This enables it to sit on the little lip on the inside of the 510 cart. I needed to cut out the hole on the bottom doing this, but as it's the side facing the juice, it doesn't have to be perfect..

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
Good idea cyberwolf, Im still playing with different cuts/lengths/etc to the plugs myself. I agree that sometimes it seems to get air locked now and then. I have a few inserts that work flawlessly now so it will do till they come up with a better cart

All the best, Happy Vaping,
Wing.

Last edited:

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Have you had any problems with leakage? I thought there wasn't enough flow, but after carrying my a box mod in my pocket for a few hours I found and empty cart and a lot of fluid in the box. I think I may have cut a little too much off trying to match the shape of the cart opening, allowing more air to get in than I previously thought. Time to try again!

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
I cut mine so that they are snug,deforms the center hole just slightly from round. Sounds like the plug may be just slightly to loose and the bridge of the attie may be pushing the plug to far up into the cart. Its a balancing act, to much airflow and it floods, to little and it locks. I still am having better luck with this one myself than other cart mods, I did like the blue foam but didn't like the slight taste it left to the juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread